Nutella Scones

Hello, friends.

Yes, I’m still here – although as you can see, the month of April got away from me a bit. Between Easter and starting a new job, things have been a bit hectic around here lately, but I’m hoping that I’ve finally begun to settle into a new routine. I haven’t been spending much time in the kitchen except to cook dinner a few nights a week, but this weekend I had an excuse to bake, and these Nutella scones have been on my list to make for a couple of months now. I brought them to a party, and everyone who tried them said that they were amazing – several people asked for the recipe as well, so I’d say they were a hit. I hope you love them, too. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

For the glaze:

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut the butter into tablespoon-sized pieces, and using a pastry blender, incorporate it into the dry ingredients.

In another medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and hazelnut milk. Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and then stir in the Nutella. Turn the dough out on to a floured surface and knead to combine.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough out into a rectangle and cut out about 25 small triangles. Place them on the prepared sheet. Re-roll any scraps and repeat with the remainder of the dough. Bake for 12-15 minutes or lightly browned.

To make the glaze, stir together the powdered sugar and water in a small bowl until smooth. Dunk the top of each scone into the glaze while they are still warm.

Posted by on May 4, 2014.

Categories: breakfast & brunch, desserts & sweets

1. Glad to see you back at it girl! And these are super fabulous. Lovely recipe!

by Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar on May 4, 2014 at 12:27 pm

2. Thanks so much Katrina!! 🙂

by Tracy on May 4, 2014 at 12:32 pm

3. Nutella scones… very clever! Pinning these for later 🙂

by Emma on May 4, 2014 at 8:39 pm

4. Those LOOK absolutely amazing!! Welcome back, sweet girl 🙂 Hope things setttle down for you soon!

by Cookbook Queen on May 5, 2014 at 7:25 am

5. These look so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have a few questions…I don’t think I’ve ever eaten a scone before. How would you describe the texture – soft or crunchy? A bit heavy or light and airy? Also, would they be ok made the day before and then glazed the next day? Thank you so much!!!

by Jodie on May 5, 2014 at 11:27 am

6. Good to see you back at it, bud. Chocolate Hazelnut milk? As in a nut milk? I have never seen this! Is there a specific brand you buy?

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on May 5, 2014 at 11:34 am

7. Sounds very yummy with coffee! I think this falls more in the dessert category than breakfast!

by Becky on May 5, 2014 at 1:30 pm

8. I have never seen Chocolate Hazelnut milk. If I substitute normal milk, do you think they will still have enough flavour? Love the recipe.

by Tania @ The Cook's Pyjamas on May 5, 2014 at 8:19 pm

9. Jodie – These scones are tender and crumbly and perfect with a cup of coffee. 🙂 And yes, you can make them ahead and glaze them later!

Amber – Yes, I buy Pacific’s brand of chocolate hazelnut milk. Since I usually only see the plain kind at the grocery store, I order the chocolate kind on Amazon.

Tania – I would substitute chocolate milk! Hope that helps. 🙂