Strawberry, Cherry, & Juneberry Crumble

It’s officially the busy season around here for Sugarcrafter Sweets, in which I scramble to collect fruit for making my confitures and freeze what I can’t immediately use in order to make confitures in the future. Sometimes though, I just can’t help but pick up a little extra fruit for myself so that I can take a little time to bake up something delicious. If you follow me on Instagram you may have already seen a few fruit pies here and there, but after making this crumble I just had to share it here on the blog as well. I made it a week or so ago using fresh sweet cherries, strawberries, and juneberries, which are new to our area and are just being harvested by farmers for the first time this year – but, you can always substitute blueberries or huckleberries if juneberries aren’t available in your area. I hope you’ll give it a try, and have a great weekend!

For the topping:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8? baking dish with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together the fruit, sugar, and flour. In a medium bowl, whisk together the topping ingredients. Pour the filling into the baking dish, and then sprinkle on the topping mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Serve warm and add a scoop of your favorite ice cream, if desired.

Posted by on July 12, 2013.

Tags: , ,

1. I’ve never had a Juneberry, but that crumble looks gorgeous. Three kinds of fruit designates it as health food, right? Because I’d eat it for my breakfast.

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Jul 12, 2013 at 9:48 am

2. This sounds so perfectly summer! Nothing beats a good crumble for dessert, in my opinion!

by Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe on Jul 12, 2013 at 2:30 pm

3. What does a Juneberry resemble in taste? I love all berries so I will try it with blueberries as you suggest. The picture makes my mouth water with anticipation.

by Sharon on Jul 12, 2013 at 2:38 pm

4. I will definitely give this a try, it looks awesome! Love that there are juneberries in there!

by Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar on Jul 12, 2013 at 3:50 pm

5. Juneberries? Sounds interesting! This looks delicious. I just made a peach/blueberry crisp yesterday, so good. Sometimes you just can’t beat the simplicity of a fruit crisp/crumble.

by Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) on Jul 12, 2013 at 4:46 pm

6. Juneberries?? Never heard of them! Might need to go searching since you obviously got some from around here 🙂

by stephchows on Jul 13, 2013 at 1:13 pm