Easter Nests

Are you ready for Easter this weekend? As you may know if you’ve been following along for a while, we always host Easter at casa de Sugarcrafter, so I’ve been busy putting the finishing touches on our menu. I decided that I needed to get things ready a little earlier this year since we’ll have so many people coming and going at different times – and I definitely didn’t want to let any stress from my own procrastination to get in the way of spending time with people! In the past, we’ve always done a simple turkey (I know, I know…we’re just not huge ham fans). But last year we decided to switch things up and give the menu an Eastern European theme, and we loved it so much that we’ve decided to do it again this year. Come Sunday our table will be filled with homemade pierogi, Polish babka, sausage & sauerkraut, and of course seasonal veggies (and yes, ham too). Since some of our guests are arriving before the weekend though, I decided to whip up these simple little Easter nests for a fun snack. I adapted the recipe from the one I found on Bridget’s blog, which she adapted from the King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion book – definitely a book I need to get my hands on. Have a great week!

Recipe adapted from here.

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a sauce pan over low-medium heat (or the microwave if you’d like), melt the butter and marshmallows together, stirring until smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Remove from the heat and stir in the chow mein noodles.

Dip your fingers into cold water, and then form small clump of noodles into balls. Form a hole in the middle of each to make a nest. Allow to cool slightly, and then fill with your candy of choice.

Let sit until hardened.

Posted by on March 27, 2013.

Tags:

1. Super adorable!
    Happy Easter! 🙂

by Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! on Mar 27, 2013 at 12:04 pm

2. Too cute!! And so delicious looking! Is it wrong that I want to make them with those little fiber twig cereal things? LOL

by stephchows on Mar 27, 2013 at 1:36 pm

3. These are adorable and appear to be extra easy. How long will these keep before getting stale? I would like to make them ahead of time. Thanks.

by Sharon Peek on Mar 27, 2013 at 3:41 pm

4. Yes, you dooooo need to get your hands on that book – it’s phenomenal! And I’m inviting myself over for Eastern European Easter, ok?

by Casey@Good. Food. Stories. on Mar 27, 2013 at 4:14 pm

5. These are perfectly formed little nests, Tracy! Martha herself couldn’t have done better. Bring on Easter!

by Aimee @ Simple Bites on Mar 27, 2013 at 6:26 pm

6. You know these are ridiculously adorable,right?

by Wendi @ Bon Appetit Hon on Mar 27, 2013 at 7:39 pm

7. Sharon – I recommend storing these just like rice krispie treats: no more than two or three days at room temperature in an airtight container. You can also freeze them wrapped in wax paper in an airtight container for up to six weeks; just let them come to room temperature before serving. Hope that helps!

by Tracy on Mar 27, 2013 at 8:04 pm

8. These are adorable! My girls are going to love these for Easter!!!

by Allison on Mar 27, 2013 at 9:24 pm

9. These are so cute Tracy! I made a version of these last year but with chocolate. So festive and tasty too! And a great little kitchen activity to do with kids!

by Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe on Mar 28, 2013 at 12:54 am

10. Made these for our family Easter get-together. They were easy to make and so cute! Thanks.

by Teddi on Apr 4, 2013 at 2:18 am