Dark Chocolate Chunk Raspberry Swirl Brownies

In line with my goal to blog more, I’m making a few changes to spruce things up around here. In all the years I’ve been food blogging, I can’t say I’ve ever actually gone “prop shopping” – I’ve always simply used the plates, silverware, and what have you that I have around the house. And while I don’t plan to accumulate so many things that I end up needing dedicated shelves for it all, I thought it would be a good idea to throw in some new, cute things. I’ve also decided to stop taking step-by-step photos of every recipe step – instead, I plan to include a few process shots for those who have always found the steps helpful. By doing that, I’m hoping I’ll be able to take better photos (since I won’t have quite so many to take) and therefore make a more helpful and beautiful blog for you, my lovely readers. I hope you enjoy the changes!

Now that that’s out of the way, on to the chocolate! Today, I’m sharing these one-bowl decadent dark chocolate brownies. These are probably the fudgiest (is that a word?) brownies I’ve ever made – even more so than these nutella crunch brownies. After baking them for 30 minutes, I had to let them cool almost completely so that I could get them out of the pan intact. I used some oversized 60% cacao chocolate chips for the chunks, although you can certainly chop up your favorite dark chocolate bar and toss in the pieces. Then, to help balance out the bitterness of the dark chocolate just a bit, I swirled in some homemade raspberry jam. Make these soon for the chocolate-lover in your life!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8″ baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars. Whisk in the vanilla extract and then the eggs, one at a time. Gradually beat in the salt, cocoa powder, and flour. Fold in the chocolate chunks.

Spoon the batter into the prepared dish. Drop the jam by tablespoonfuls on to the batter, and swirl in with a knife to create a marbled effect.

Bake about 30 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool before serving.

Posted by on January 18, 2013.

1. I don’t think I’ve ever told you, but Raspberry is actually my favorite kind of jam. Ever. This is perfect for Valentine’s Day, and SO SMART.

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Jan 18, 2013 at 1:12 pm

2. Fudgiest is absolutely a word. 🙂 I looove that these brownies have dark chocolate chunks mixed in!
    Looking forward to seeing some of the new changes!

by Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! on Jan 18, 2013 at 1:35 pm

3. I promised the kids that I would make them cookies today but I’m wondering now if I can talk them into these…

by Ali (Bubbly Meadow) on Jan 18, 2013 at 1:51 pm

4. OOO these look delicious! And I love the props you bought!!

by Stephchows on Jan 18, 2013 at 1:56 pm

5. I absolutely love chocolate and raspberry together! These are gorgeous!

by Karly on Jan 18, 2013 at 3:06 pm

6. those are gorgeous

by jennifurla on Jan 18, 2013 at 3:40 pm

7. Wow Tracy, these look delicious! I love the combination of dark chocolate and raspberry – plus they look so pretty! And any brownie with the description ” fudgiest” is one I want to try!

by Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe on Jan 18, 2013 at 9:11 pm

8. These look amazing! I love rich, “fudgy” brownies and prefer them to the dry cake-ish ones (which I don’t consider to be real brownies! 😛 ) adding raspberry jam to balance it out sounds like a brilliant idea too, must try it some time 🙂

by Sarah @ Sneaky Pudding on Jan 19, 2013 at 9:01 pm

9. my hubby will absolutely love these…dark chocolate
    and raspberry! YUM YUM!

by Char Riippi on Jan 19, 2013 at 9:45 pm

10. I looooove the combination of chocolate and raspberry together. These look fabulous!

by Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen on Jan 20, 2013 at 1:08 pm

11. Oh, these look fantastic! I love fudgy brownies 🙂

by megan @ whatmegansmaking on Jan 21, 2013 at 7:40 am

12. Those plates – are they a new purchase? If so, SMART BUY! So cute.

by Casey@Good. Food. Stories. on Jan 21, 2013 at 9:45 am

13. I love the chocolate and raspberry combination!

by Jessica@AKitchenAddiction on Jan 21, 2013 at 6:32 pm

14. Holy yum I have to make these!!!! Hmmm, now wondering if I have any raspberry jam left. I never make enough…

by Aimee @ Simple Bites on Jan 22, 2013 at 2:34 pm

15. Mmm! These brownies look divine. I think I even have some raspberry preserves downstairs just begging to be used. I’m thinking cranberry sauce/jam would be pretty tasty, too!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Jan 24, 2013 at 5:22 pm

16. Lucky me! I’m the chocolate lover in my life so I guess that means I get to make all these lovely, fudgy brownies for myself? Yippee! I am a serious brownie addict. I’m even happier at the prospect because I absolutely adore raspberry and chocolate together.

by Kate | Food Babbles on Jan 24, 2013 at 11:17 pm

17. Wow, super tasty!
    Ran out of cocoa, made them with carob powder and it worked great, just have to remember to bake them ambit longer next time…hehe.

by Dolphishy on Jan 25, 2013 at 8:14 pm

18. These brownies look absolutely lovely!!

by JulieD on Jan 29, 2013 at 1:46 am

19. Love your props! Try christmas tree shops, they have great prices on plates and bowls. And oh, the brownies look yummy too!

by Sarah @ a Dash and a Pinch on Jan 29, 2013 at 11:35 am