Edamame Pasta Salad with Tomatoes, Cucumber, and a Sweet Honey Dressing

I have a little problem, and it’s called constantly missing lunch. I’m always too wrapped up in getting things on my to-do list done when I realize my stomach is growling, and by then it’s already 3pm. I don’t want to eat too much that late in the afternoon though, because then I won’t be hungry for dinner…so more often than not I try to wait out my hunger, and then end up overeating at dinner time. Not smart! Fortunately though, I believe I’ve solved my problem. Making a fresh salad to have on hand during the week – whether it be my basic pasta salad, a quinoa salad, or a summer salad, depending on what’s in season – helps me keep my hunger under control by having something healthy ready to snack on. Since we still don’t have much growing here in upstate NY yet, I made frozen edamame the star of this easy spring salad, with a sweet honey dressing that plays wonderfully off the tangy feta cheese. I hope you enjoy it!

For the dressing:

Cook the pasta according to package directions. Let cool completely.

Dice the cucumber and onion, and halve the tomatoes.

In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients.

In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, honey, and lemon juice. Toss with the salad. Serve chilled or warm, both ways are delicious!

Posted by on April 19, 2012.

Tags: , ,

Categories: lunch, soups, salads, & sides

1. Pinned! This would make a fantastic summer dinner.

by Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box on Apr 19, 2012 at 7:01 am

2. That dressing sounds unreal. Awesome idea!!

by Katrina on Apr 19, 2012 at 7:14 am

3. Such a fabulous spring or summer salad! Love the bright colors.

by Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! on Apr 19, 2012 at 7:20 am

4. This is such a light and fresh lunch for Spring! I struggle with lunch too…I always skip right through and end up having a snack with Jon David after school. Something tells me that an Oatmeal Cream Pie doesn’t have the nutrients I need.

by Cookbook Queen on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:07 am

5. I like pasta salads they remind me of spring and summer! That honey dressing sounds so delicious!!!

by Caitlin @ Cake with Love on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:36 am

6. This is an awesome recipe! Perfect for my MN Herb Society meeting coming up in May. I will probably add a few herbs to the dressing though. Maybe some fresh lemon thyme, parsley or rosemary!

by jill on Apr 19, 2012 at 10:23 am

7. omg this sounds delicious!! pinned. will be trying asap!

by kendahl on Apr 19, 2012 at 11:31 am

8. The salad looks great! And your meal dilemma is exactly what happens to me! I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone else with this problem–constantly skipping lunch, and then eating way too much at dinner. It’s been my pattern for years and years–ever since college back in 2001, I guess. Yikes.
    I’m trying to get better about eating lunch now that I’m pregnant, but old habits die hard . . .

by Jenna on Apr 19, 2012 at 12:31 pm

9. This looks SO good. I want it for lunch!

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Apr 19, 2012 at 1:32 pm

10. Gorgeous! That needs to be my lunch!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Apr 19, 2012 at 2:19 pm

11. How fun!! I love all the colours – -this would be beautiful at a summer picnic 😉

by Living The Sweet Life on Apr 19, 2012 at 3:22 pm

12. I am craving some for lunch…. looks yummy. Lovely dressing idea.

by Nina on Apr 19, 2012 at 4:12 pm

13. I think I will make a huge bowl of this for a bday party I am going to… not to be a pain in the can…but how much dressing should I make for say 20-25 people?

by colleen on Apr 20, 2012 at 10:20 am

14. Colleen – The original recipes serves 4-6, so I’d multiply everything by 5 or 6 if you’re making it for 20-25 people. Hope that helps!

by Tracy on Apr 20, 2012 at 12:38 pm

15. I love pasta salads, especially in the summer. This sounds really good. I like your addition of edamame which makes it extra nutritious and extra yummy:)

by Raina on Apr 22, 2012 at 8:25 pm

16. I’ve never understood how people can forget about lunch. But then again, that’s coming from the person who’s ready for lunch right after she finishes her breakfast! Haha!

This pasta salad looks fabulous! Bookmarking!

by Erika - The Teenage Taste on Apr 24, 2012 at 6:45 am

17. Easy, quick, light, & a great side dish.

by Gerri on Dec 11, 2012 at 3:53 pm