Nutella Waffles

I meant to share these right before the weekend, but I can’t wait any longer. You see, I made these waffles back in February – yikes! – upon our return from San Diego. I couldn’t wait to be in my own kitchen again, and of course the first thing I went for was the jar of nutella waiting patiently for me in the pantry. And that’s why I can’t wait any longer to share these waffles, because you need them in your life now. You may want to halve the recipe if you’re not making them for company though, because we definitely had way too many waffles left over for the two of us. At least, until the next morning when I devoured the rest of them for breakfast (so, maybe you don’t want to halve the recipe…just saying). Enjoy!

Preheat waffle maker to medium-high heat. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla.

In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture until smooth.

In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and nutella over low heat and stir until smooth. Then, stir the nutella mixture into the batter. Pour the batter into the wells of your waffle iron and cook as directed for your particular waffle maker (mine made about twelve 4″ waffles).

Posted by on April 17, 2012.

Categories: breakfast & brunch

1. I love the color of these! They must be very delicious.

by Sarah on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:05 am

2. You got that right! I certainly DO need these in my life. Amazing.

by Katrina on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:06 am

3. Your love affair with Nutella is probably my favorite thing about your blog!! Love this recipe. 😀

by Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:18 am

4. Oh yes, those would be best served as dessert for me with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream! YUM!

by stephchows on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:27 am

5. They DO have such a rich chocolatey color! Yum. I’d definitely make the whole batch and eat the leftovers the next day.

by Jenna on Apr 17, 2012 at 11:51 am

6. Just so gorgeous!

by Deeba Rajpal (@vindee) on Apr 17, 2012 at 11:53 am

7. Yum!! I love Nutella.

by Christina @ This Woman Cooks! on Apr 17, 2012 at 11:57 am

8. You are evil….and these are going to the top of my must make list.

by Wendi @ Bon Appetit Hon on Apr 17, 2012 at 12:36 pm

9. My kids are going to go crazy for these!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Apr 17, 2012 at 1:58 pm

10. That’s just such a perfect combination! Who doesn’t love waffles or nutella? Put them together and you’ve got heaven.

by Trish (Cake Baking Games) on Apr 17, 2012 at 9:02 pm

11. I love Nutella and never thought about making a waffle out of it. This is my new go to for breakfast!

by carolinaheartstrings on Apr 17, 2012 at 9:10 pm

12. These look amazing! 🙂 My waffle maker hasn’t seen the light of day in quite some time now, maybe I reserect it and make nutella waffles.

by Becca - Cookie Jar Treats on Apr 17, 2012 at 11:09 pm

13. Ummm… I see Nutella waffles with strawberries,icecream and fresh whipped cream for Sunday breakfast … diets always start on Monday,it’s the rule :O)

by colleen on Apr 18, 2012 at 9:19 am

14. Oh Nutella again and now in a waffle form, amazing, I would love to have this for breakfast every single say!!

by Caitlin @ Cake with Love on Apr 18, 2012 at 10:00 am

15. My family adores waffles on the weekend. I can’t wait to surprise them with these irresistible Nutella gems! Great post!

by Deb on Apr 18, 2012 at 10:56 pm

16. Oh my gosh where have these been all my life!!

by Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:15 pm

17. I love this but we are staying with my mil and she doesn’t seem to have a waffle iron I just looked after reading this. Does ne one know if this would work for pancakes cause I don’t want to wait to make these or pancakes

by Heather on Apr 20, 2012 at 2:19 am

18. I halved the recipe and the batter was WAY too thin, even after adding more flour and some cornstarch. The waffles were mushy after cooking and just didn’t turn out at all. I would recommend using less milk if you half the recipe. I’m sad…I really wanted this to be a “come back to” for breakfast.

by Melissa on Apr 22, 2012 at 10:07 am

19. Yes, yes! I DO need them!!!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Apr 24, 2012 at 8:48 pm

20. I just tried this with my brothers and we Looooved it!

by maru on Apr 28, 2012 at 1:39 pm

21. I love all of your nutella recipes.

by Jen M O on Apr 29, 2012 at 8:20 pm

22. Made these this morning. Taste was good but they turned out very floppy and that was disappointing….

by Trish on Sep 23, 2012 at 9:35 am

23. Loved these! But I struggled to find a good topping for them. Mine tasted like Nutella without sugar so I needed something to add. Maple syrup was not a good combo so I came up with topping these with sweetened ricotta. This added the sweetness they needed while also helping cut down on te dryness a waffle can have. So good! Thanks!!

by Sarah on Aug 6, 2014 at 11:40 am