Cake Vodka Martini

I hope you all had a very happy Easter! We definitely did, especially since we changed things up this year and instead of our traditional Easter dinner, we did it up Polish-style. We had fresh kielbasa and sauerkraut, my mother-in-law and I made pierogi using her family’s recipe, and my babcia, my mom, and my sister made so many cabbage rolls that we barely put a dent in them. Everything was delicious, and of course one of the best parts about having all that food is that our freezer is full of the leftovers!

Hosting for nine people was a lot of work though…and sadly I feel like I spent more time in the kitchen than anywhere else. At the end of the day Sunday, I had a nice big glass of wine to relax. Having recently fallen in love with Three Olives’ cake vodka though (it really does taste like a slice of white cake!), next time I will definitely make one of these. I’ve even used Kahlua in place of the chocolate liquer since I love my coffee, and it was pretty darn good. Hope you enjoy it, too!

For the rim:

For the drink:

Spread the chocolate or icing on to a small plate, and flip your glass upside-down into the icing to coat the rim. Then, quickly dip the glass into another small plate filled with sprinkles to coat the rim. Add the rest of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. Pour into the glass. Makes one serving.

Posted by on April 10, 2012.

Categories: drinks

1. This is a work of pure genius! I love the addition of kahlua, and those sprinkles are an excellent touch, my friend!

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Apr 10, 2012 at 11:47 am

2. Geesh. It’s like all my favorite bloggers are posting drinks today! I didn’t get the memo, but I will take a glass of this! Bottoms up! It looks fantastic!

by Aimee @ ShugarySweets on Apr 10, 2012 at 11:57 am

3. This looks utterly amazing! I’m not usually a mixed drink girl, but I must buy that vodka and make this drink ASAP!

by Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker on Apr 10, 2012 at 12:12 pm

4. You are amazing. This sounds unreal!!

by Katrina on Apr 10, 2012 at 12:47 pm

5. That stuff is trouble!! If it tastes like cake I’m sure to drink too much of it haha.

by Rachel @ Baked by Rachel on Apr 10, 2012 at 12:58 pm

6. Oh my goodness, this is SO pretty and sounds so good! You know I’m a sucker for drinks that taste like dessert. =)

by Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl on Apr 10, 2012 at 1:08 pm

7. Yeah, hosting can be all-consuming . . . I’m still trying to find ways to do it like the “pros” out there and be able to relax and mingle while still providing a feast. I hear it’s all about practice, practice, practice.

by Jenna on Apr 10, 2012 at 1:26 pm

8. Try Pinnacle Cake Batter vodka too if you can’t find the Three Olive brand. :) Sooooo yummy!

by Angela on Apr 10, 2012 at 1:36 pm

9. This sounds amazing! Love the leftovers too! It’s the best thing about having people over…I mean that and the people, but whatever.

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Apr 10, 2012 at 2:29 pm

10. Yay to Polish Easter! I would have loved to eat with your family – all my favorites were on the table!

by Casey@Good. Food. Stories. on Apr 10, 2012 at 6:20 pm

11. Beautiful cocktail! Quick question, where do you find the cake vodka? I’ve been having trouble finding all these new flavored vodkas, I’m still looking for the roasted marshmallow one.

by Tracy @ Pale Yellow on Apr 10, 2012 at 10:27 pm

12. I’ve had a version of a cake batter martini before, and it was sooooo good. Quite strong however, as I seem to remember getting buzzed off one :)

Your Easter dinner sounds great, and you now have me craving pierogies!

by Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen on Apr 11, 2012 at 12:50 am

13. Love the sprinkle rim! I’ve been wanting to try that cake vodka.

by Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen on Apr 11, 2012 at 4:51 am

14. Oh my gosh! I bought the smirnoff cupcake vodka over the summer and kept trying to figure out a mixed drink to make with it, but I couldn’t think of anything. This looks FABULOUS! And I absolutely love the sprinkles around the edge.

by Sarah @ a dash and a pinch on Apr 11, 2012 at 9:14 am

15. A. I have been unable to find this vodka! Now I will be on a MAD search!

B. Amaretto, too? Be still my heart.

C. Sprinkles. I think I love you.

by bridget {bake at 350} on Apr 11, 2012 at 11:54 am

16. Looks like a really sweet drink, mmmm

by Mireia on Apr 11, 2012 at 2:16 pm

17. Oh and there is even amaretto in this!

by Erin on Apr 11, 2012 at 4:50 pm

18. I have to get some as I have been seeing this stuff everywhere.

by Noble Pig - Cathy on Apr 11, 2012 at 5:39 pm

19. What a fun way to celebrate Easter with a Polish twist! Sounds like it was a great holiday made even better with these cake batter martinis – yum!

by Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking on Apr 12, 2012 at 11:56 am

20. I love cake martinis! I’ve been using the Pinnacle cake vodka from the local liquor store, but I’ve never seen one with amaretto in it too. Sounds delicious!

by Elise on Apr 13, 2012 at 6:29 pm

21. I’m down!! Thanks! :)

by Laura Perry on Apr 16, 2012 at 1:26 am

22. Oh my, I must make one of these ASAP!!!!

by Greta @ Layer Cake Shop on Apr 17, 2012 at 11:06 am

23. I am soooo making this…thanks for the addition to my recipe book.

by Gil Crews on Apr 18, 2012 at 7:10 am