Homemade Strawberry Lemonade

While we were in San Diego, I fell in love with a soup & salad bar called Souplantation. It was one of my favorite places to visit for lunch, and now that we’re back on the East coast, I find myself wishing the chain stretched just a little further to reach us (I think the closest one is in North Carolina – road trip)! Not only were all the soups I tried delicious and the salads fresh, but the hubby and I fell in love with their strawberry lemonade (you can barely see it in the photo I took on my phone of my lunch one day, but it’s there in the upper left-hand corner):

It was so refreshing, and I loved that I could see little strawberry seeds in the lemonade! I decided that I needed to recreate it at home, although I toned down the strawberry flavor just a bit to make more of a pink lemonade for spring. There’s really nothing like fresh, homemade lemonade, and I hope you’ll give it a try! Have a great weekend!

First, make a simple syrup with the sugar and water (so that the sugar won’t settle to the bottom when added to the lemonade). To make the syrup, heat the sugar and water in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat. Extract the juice from the lemons, enough to yield one cup of lemon juice. Puree the strawberries in a food processor, and then use a fine mesh strainer to strain the strawberry puree in order to remove any large chunks and some of the seeds. In a large pitcher, pour in the warm syrup and fruit juices. Add in the cold water and stir. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serves about six.

Posted by on March 29, 2012.

Categories: drinks

1. I was just making something along this vein last night. It must be Spring!

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Mar 29, 2012 at 10:24 am

2. This looks so tasty! And I wonder how it would work if I put the strawberries through my juicer instead . . .

by Jenna on Mar 29, 2012 at 10:50 am

3. Could summer really be just around the corner? I hope so!

by Lauren on Mar 29, 2012 at 10:50 am

4. I love lemonade, and this sounds sooo good right about now. I’m drinking a diet coke at the moment and really wish that I could magically turn it into this instead!

by Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen on Mar 29, 2012 at 11:05 am

5. This might be the only way I can enjoy anything strawberry since I can strain out the seeds.

by Wendi @ Bon Appetit Hon on Mar 29, 2012 at 12:08 pm

6. This sounds so yummy! I haven’t tried making my own, but now I see making this in my near future 🙂

by Katrina on Mar 29, 2012 at 1:22 pm

7. This is so pretty and springy! I’ll have to make some of this this weekend with my 4-year old–I already have these ingredients on hand! =)

by Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl on Mar 29, 2012 at 7:52 pm

8. We are hosting a yard sale this weekend and the kids wanted to sell Lemonade – this is the perfect lemonade for them to sell! Perfect timing on this post! Thanks so much!

by Eli on Mar 30, 2012 at 9:49 am

9. thank you!!! i’d never heard of this place and i live only about 2 hrs from the nc locations. definitely road trip time!!

oh and i’m a big lemonade person. in fact that is what i drink the most. i will definitely try your version as i don’t have a make it yourself version that i use. i tend to stick to the simply lemonade (love the raspberry) but really it is too something…i always have to water it down to drink it.

have a great day!

by Laura on Mar 30, 2012 at 11:41 am

10. LOVE Souplantation!! We moved to the east coast a few years ago from Southern CA and we always talk about how they need something like it out here.

by the wicked noodle on Mar 30, 2012 at 12:57 pm

11. When I lived in California, we there all the time. This lemonade reminds me of summer and I want it!

by Cathy @ Noble Pig on Mar 30, 2012 at 7:37 pm

12. Yum! I’m so tempted to make this for Mike’s ‘after party’ tomorrow! It would go so well with the homemade strawberry-rhubarb ice-cream cake… shh, its a surprise 😉
    Hope you and Chris can make it; look forward to seeing you at PF Changs!

by Lauren on Mar 30, 2012 at 9:19 pm

13. That looks delicious! I will post it right now!!!

by Mireia on Mar 31, 2012 at 7:45 am

14. I meant I will pin it 🙂

by Mireia on Mar 31, 2012 at 7:47 am

15. Mmm your strawberry lemonade looks sooo good and refreshing. Can’t wait to make it! 🙂

by Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels on Apr 1, 2012 at 9:42 am

16. This looks delicious! I love watermelon lemonade, strawberry lemonade, raspberry lemonade… any kind of lemonade almost! Delicious!!

by Traci on Apr 2, 2012 at 1:04 pm