Meyer Lemon Curd-Swirled Cheesecake Bars

Happy first day of spring! Although it has felt more like summer around here the past few days with temperatures in the low 70s, I am certainly not complaining. I love being able to open all the windows and get some fresh air in the house, which has also prompted me to go on a bit of a spring cleaning spree. Donating things we don’t need, giving the house a good scrub-down, and getting organized not only makes me feel good, but it also has me feeling ready to make room for new things in my life. In the spirit of changing things up, I took the strawberry swirl cheesecake bars I made last year and gave them a bright, citrusy makeover. They’re perfect on a sunny spring day served with a glass of fresh lemonade!Β

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8″ baking dish with cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs and butter until moistened. Press evenly into the bottom of the dish.

With an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Add in the yogurt, egg whites, flour, and lemon juice.

Pour over the crust.Β Stir the warmed curd until smooth, and then drop by spoonfuls over the surface of the filling.

Using a knife, swirl the curd to create a marble effect.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool to room temperature and then chill for a few hours in the refrigerator before cutting into bars.

Posted by on March 20, 2012.

1. Yes yes yes. I love all things lemon, and lemon cheesecake is at the top of that list. I wish we could sit out on the deck and share a pan of these. Must plan that baking weekend, missus.

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Mar 20, 2012 at 9:31 am

2. Oh my goodness, these are just gorgeous! They totally scream Spring–love ’em!

by Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl on Mar 20, 2012 at 9:31 am

3. I need these in my face NOW!! Two of my favorite flavor combos!!

by Cookbook Queen on Mar 20, 2012 at 9:56 am

4. The swirls on this look absolutely fabulous. This is perfect and light for spring!! Just lovely.

by Katrina on Mar 20, 2012 at 10:17 am

5. How gorgeous! And lemon is something I constantly gravitate towards at this time of the year. I’ll be sharing these for sure – thanks for such a beautiful and tempting recipe.

by Mrs. Jen B on Mar 20, 2012 at 10:23 am

6. My mouth is watering. Those sound a-mazing!!!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Mar 20, 2012 at 11:00 am

7. Love the marbling effect! It makes the bars look so elegant. And I hear you about the summer–today the high is 85! I’m in short sleeves, and I’ve worn shorts twice in the past couple days. Insanity. Last year, March was still full-blown winter in Chicago. What’s going on???

by Jenna on Mar 20, 2012 at 11:06 am

8. I love sweet lemon included recipes. This one looks really elegant, and it must be tasteful. I like your blog, by the way, this is my first visit. πŸ™‚

by Danijela on Mar 20, 2012 at 12:38 pm

9. I’m loving how much the lemony yellow color pops. Such a pretty dessert bar.

by Rachel @ Baked by Rachel on Mar 20, 2012 at 2:07 pm

10. Boy, that looks yummy! It took me three tries to write “yummy” because I was still thinking about the pictures…

by Jaime on Mar 20, 2012 at 3:08 pm

11. yumm these look amazing!

by elizabeth @ chronic venture on Mar 20, 2012 at 3:51 pm

12. I could eat that whole pan for breakfast, Did I type that out loud?

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Mar 21, 2012 at 8:30 am

13. Beautiful!

by Mireia on Mar 21, 2012 at 2:32 pm

14. I know a few people in my life that would swoon if I made this for them! Must try it! πŸ™‚

by Paula @ Dishing the Divine on Mar 21, 2012 at 2:36 pm

15. OOo those sound delicious!! So summery refreshing!

by stephchows on Mar 21, 2012 at 4:22 pm

16. So pretty and perfect for a spring day…however we have snow here!

by Noble Pig - Cathy on Mar 21, 2012 at 5:31 pm

17. I’m looooving our summer weather here in March! Makes me wonder how we put up with winter in normal years.

These bars look great! I still have never seen/used a Meyer lemon. Wegmans? Love the Greek yogurt in the recipe, too πŸ™‚

by Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) on Mar 21, 2012 at 8:18 pm

18. So beautiful! Looking forward to trying this recipe, it’s a wonderful spring dessert!

by Sheryl (Flowery Prose) on Mar 21, 2012 at 8:51 pm

19. Liz – Yes I did get the Meyer lemons at Wegmans…although I’ve been checking for them lately, and haven’t been able to find them anymore. πŸ™ They come in a little bag of about 6, so keep your eye out for them!

by Tracy on Mar 22, 2012 at 9:31 am

20. these are so pretty!

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Mar 22, 2012 at 4:35 pm

21. Whoa, these look amazing! I love lemon desserts, and I love cheesecake even more! Why have I not combined them yet?!

by Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen on Mar 22, 2012 at 8:22 pm

22. This looks delicious, and perfect for Spring. This is the first Spring (that I can remeber that is) I’m actually excited for! I can’t wait to start baking with citrus and making light and refeshing treats! πŸ™‚

by Becca - Cookie Jar Treats on Mar 22, 2012 at 10:07 pm

23. I released a happy little sigh when I saw these beautiful bars. What a perfect way to welcome spring. We have all of our doors and windows open, too. Our cats love perching themselves on the windowsills and breathing in the fresh air.

by Cookin' Canuck on Mar 23, 2012 at 10:19 am

24. Hello Tracy,
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe! I am a big lemon-desserts lover. Tartine has lemon tarts that I love, so I would often go there just for them. Another SF place called Mission pie makes great shaker meyer-lemon pie, so I am a common customer there too.

I was searching for a meyer lemon cheesecake recipe and found this one. The recipe for the cheesecake I already had from my mother-in-law and, to my surprise it was almost identical to yours except that instead of non-fat yogurt she uses low fat ricotta. So, I decided to make a small one and therefore divided your meyer-lemon curd recipe by two. While doing it without writing down all the divided ingredients I accidentally made a mistake and put 1/2 cup of lemon juice to half of the other ingredients on the original recipe, so my curd came out more watery and more sour than it was probably meant to. And, as I was trying to cut the fat I put like 2 spoons of butter instead of 1/2 a stick. Nevertheless, I loved the outcome! In my opinion it was just right, especially put on top of almost tasteless cheesecake this curd added wonderful contrasting flavor. Since then I made 2 more cheesecakes and an almond cake with meyer lemon curd frosting. The frosting was the best part in all of it. For the cake I had to thicken it though, so I used Agar.
    So, thank you again for this wonderful recipe. I love my lemon-cheesecake more that Tartine’s lemon tarts, so I’m afraid they have lost a frequent customer πŸ™‚ Now I am the sole owner of a whole, organic, custom-made dessert and I am now completely Tartine addiction free! πŸ™‚

by Elena on Dec 23, 2013 at 11:23 pm