Biscoff Monkey Bread

Ever since we got back from San Diego, I’ve been obsessed with baking, even more so than usual…I think being without an oven for three weeks made me appreciate mine all the more! This past weekend I was really craving monkey bread, so of course I also took it as an opportunity to have some fun and change up my recipe again. The result is this sweet bread made with Biscoff spread, a brown sugar and cinnamon lover’s heaven (I just loved the smell of the dough while it was rising)! I used my stand mixer to make it this time around, since I think it’s easier on the hands to let the stand mixer knead the spread into the dough. However, my pumpkin monkey bread post has directions on how to make the dough solely by hand, if you don’t have a stand mixer or would simply prefer not to use one. Hope you enjoy it, and have a happy Tuesday!

For the dough:

For the coating:

For the glaze:

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and cinnamon.

In another, smaller bowl, whisk together the milk, water, melted butter, sugar, and yeast. Pour the flour mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Set the machine on low and gradually add the milk mixture. Once the dough comes together, add in the Biscoff spread. Increase the speed to medium and let mix 5-6 minutes or until smooth and tacky. Spray a clean bowl with cooking spray and place the dough inside.

Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about an hour.

In the meantime, mix together the cinnamon and sugar, and melt the butter for the coating. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray. Once the dough has risen, cut the dough into roughly equal-sized pieces and roll each piece into a ball (I had about 40 pieces, but you may have more or less).

Dip each ball of dough into the melted butter and then the cinnamon-sugar mixture, layering them in the bundt pan as you go.

Once you’ve used all of the dough, cover the bundt pan and let the dough rise again for another hour.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the bread until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before turning out on to a platter.

To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and cinnamon. Gradually stire in the milk. Pour over the bread while it’s still warm.

Posted by on March 6, 2012.

Categories: breads & pastries, breakfast & brunch

1. OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!

I am speechless!! (And making a grocery list!)

by The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh on Mar 6, 2012 at 10:36 am

2. That’s all I needed!! One more reason to buy another jar of Biscoff! These look fantastic. I love that the Biscoff is right in the dough. I bet it would be yummy as part of the glaze as well!

by Jen @ Jen's Favorite Cookies on Mar 6, 2012 at 10:42 am

3. How fantastic, but now I have to go to work and think about this all day. I’ve saved this for the weekend!

by Heather in SF on Mar 6, 2012 at 11:20 am

4. I can picture what it tastes like and I am drooling right now! YUMMMMMM

by Aimee @ ShugarySweets on Mar 6, 2012 at 11:23 am

5. This looks so good. I’ve not had Biscoff yet, but it seems to be the next “big thing”!

by Krista on Mar 6, 2012 at 11:41 am

6. I really should try Biscoff. If you’re endorsing the stuff (being a fellow Nutella lover) then I know it’s got to be good.

by Jenna on Mar 6, 2012 at 11:51 am

7. My reaction to this post is as follows: “!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I can’t even handle this right now.

by Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray on Mar 6, 2012 at 11:58 am

8. Whoa. I just told my sister about this as I was reading and she said, “you know, sometimes I’m glad Biscoff is only available at our “gucci b” – that’s what we call the HEB Central Market, which is a lot like Whole Foods. We don’t go there often, and it’s the only place to get Biscoff Spread in town. Girl, you are dangerous!

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Mar 6, 2012 at 12:13 pm

9. this looks crazy good! i love biscoff.

by christina @ ovenadventures on Mar 6, 2012 at 12:19 pm

10. What a fun twist on monkey bread.

by Barbara @ Barbara Bakes on Mar 6, 2012 at 12:37 pm

11. I wonder if I could convince my parents to buy me a real mixer if I sent them this post with the caption “So I can make THIS for you!” (Hopefully they won’t notice the how-to-do-it-with-your-hands part)

by Jennifer on Mar 6, 2012 at 3:30 pm

12. Oh my! This is awesome! Maybe I should splurge to get a new cute bunt pan just to make this ha.

by Rachel @ Baked by Rachel on Mar 6, 2012 at 4:17 pm

13. This is absolutely brilliant. Love it!

by Cassie on Mar 6, 2012 at 6:22 pm

14. Just recently gave in and bought Biscoff. My life will never be the same!

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Mar 6, 2012 at 7:43 pm

15. I love Biscoff (Hey, I live in Belgium, where it’s from – they call it speculoos). I’ve tried it in fudge, cookies, ice cream, mixed with nutella, peanutbutter, and white chocolate… But to mix it with monkey bread, genius!

by Jessica Mouqué on Mar 6, 2012 at 8:22 pm

16. Now you’ve done it…I won’t be able to get this out of my mind! So good!

by Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen on Mar 6, 2012 at 8:47 pm

17. This looks absolutely heavenly, but I cannot find Biscoff spread anywhere! And the sad part is, I keep seeing so many Biscoff recipes floating around, and I know that I can’t make them (well I could, but by substituting peanut butter or something, but it just wouldn’t be the same).

by Becca - Cookie Jar Treats on Mar 7, 2012 at 12:08 am

18. WOOOOOOOOW, That looks amazing!!

by Mireia on Mar 7, 2012 at 10:14 am

19. I have become slightly obsessed with Biscoff 🙂

by Laura on Mar 7, 2012 at 10:41 am

20. you have GOT to be KIDDING me!!!!!!!!!!! OH man – Diet OUT the window. I LOVE monkey bread – it reminds me of Sundays as a kid. And Biscoff – drool. Thanks for this recipe! 🙂

by christy on Mar 7, 2012 at 11:19 am

21. Oh my this sounds amazing!!!! Love that spread too, so addicting!

How crazy is this warmth today!? By the time we meet up for lunch you wont be able to wear your cowl 🙁

by stephchows on Mar 7, 2012 at 11:56 am

22. Yum! Gotta make this!

by DessertForTwo on Mar 7, 2012 at 12:35 pm

23. I have never heard of biscoff…what is it?

by Noble Pig - Cathy on Mar 7, 2012 at 1:02 pm

24. I FINALLY just found Biscoff spread in my grocery store the other day! This looks so delicious!

by Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen on Mar 7, 2012 at 1:21 pm

25. I need to get my hands on this biscoff spread!

by Elizabeth on Mar 7, 2012 at 1:59 pm

26. This looks so good…my grocery store carried Biscoff forever and I never knew what it was. Now they’ve discontinued it and I find all these great recipes. Figures!!

by Tracey L. on Mar 7, 2012 at 3:43 pm

27. Tracy, you have outdone yourself! I can hardly wait to find an occasion and enough people to make this for!

by Angela @ The Dancer Bakes on Mar 8, 2012 at 10:30 pm

28. I love Biscoff almost as much as I love Monkey Bread! This takes me back to 7th grade home ec! Love it.

by Jamie | My Baking Addiction on Mar 12, 2012 at 5:37 pm

29. Oh wow. I can’t even imagine how good this is!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Mar 13, 2012 at 8:25 am

30. If I hadn’t already given up Biscoff spread for Lent I would be making this bundt right now! Seriously, it looks so good! Once Easter is over I will definitely be making it! Yum! 😀

by Erika - The Teenage Taste on Mar 15, 2012 at 7:33 pm

31. Oh, you DIDN’T!!! Biscoff Monkey Bread?!? Genius!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Mar 20, 2012 at 11:01 am