Nutella Swirl Coffee Cake

Today is one of those dreary, rainy days where I just want to stay inside and bake. Coffee cake is perfect for those days, and it’s one of my favorite things to make for breakfast or brunch. It’s quick to whip up, it’s forgiving, and you can do a number of things to transform it into something a little more elegant – add a crumbly top, drizzle on a glaze, or simply dust it with powdered sugar. However, I don’t think this coffee cake requires any of those things (although you certainly can add them if you desire). The rich, nutty flavor of the nutella speaks for itself, making it a decidedly unfussy cake to serve for a mid-morning snack. Serve with coffee, tea, or a tall glass of milk. Enjoy!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 10×4″ bundt pan. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.

Add in the vanilla and eggs, beating for about two minutes.

In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients alternately with the yogurt until well-blended.

Layer 1/3 of the batter in the pan, and then drizzle 1/3 of the nutella on top. I put mine my nutella in the microwave for about 20 seconds so that it was easier to drizzle. Swirl with a knife. Repeat two more times.

Bake 45 minutes to an hour or until a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean. Let cool before removing from the pan. Store at room temperature in an airtight container or wrapped in aluminum foil.

Posted by on March 1, 2012.

Categories: breakfast & brunch, desserts & sweets

1. This looks like the perfect breakfast, teatime snack, or dessert! I canNOT wait to make. :)

by Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray on Mar 1, 2012 at 12:47 pm

2. That swirl of Nutella looks delicious!

by Sarah on Mar 1, 2012 at 12:52 pm

3. Unfussy cake is my favorite kind of cake. :O)

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Mar 1, 2012 at 12:58 pm

4. I love your for all your nutella recipes!

by Blog is the New Black on Mar 1, 2012 at 1:57 pm

5. This sounds like heaven!!

by stephchows on Mar 1, 2012 at 4:57 pm

6. Sounds like such a great breakfast treat! =) I can’t wait to try it.

by Candice on Mar 1, 2012 at 6:36 pm

7. Coffee cake is one of my favorites…and so is Nutella! =) What a great combo! I might have to make this for a special breakfast this weekend.

by Ashley {Kitchen Meets Girl} on Mar 1, 2012 at 8:42 pm

8. I will definitely be enjoying this with a glass of milk. This looks really delicious:)

by Becca- cookie jar treats on Mar 1, 2012 at 9:14 pm

9. This looks so yummy! Although to be honest…my Nutella rarely makes it into baked goods, because I’m more prone to eat it from the jar with a spoon :)

by Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen on Mar 1, 2012 at 9:45 pm

10. Yep, today totally would have been a good stay inside and bake day! I love the thought of this cake – and it uses Greek yogurt, yay!

by Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) on Mar 1, 2012 at 10:44 pm

11. That’s a cake for me. I LOVE Nutella! Will be baked soon. Thanks!!

by Kirsten@My German Kitchen...in the Rockies on Mar 2, 2012 at 12:22 am

12. Oh yea, this is getting made tomorrow. Except I use Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter instead of Nutella, which has way less sugar, so hopefully the recipe works out the same! Thanks for sharing and I’ll post up the results of what happens when I make it, up on my blog, and link back to yours =)

by E on Mar 2, 2012 at 4:05 am

13. This looks so gooooood! Anything with chocolate, especially Nutella in it will be in my oven soon. Thanks for sharing.

by Jaan on Mar 2, 2012 at 10:45 am

14. An exceptional coffee cake! Such a delightful avenue for Nutella in the morning!

by Deb on Mar 2, 2012 at 12:24 pm

15. The picture of the sugar + butter + vanilla + eggs is actually making me salivate more than the coffee cake! I want to eat it with a spoon.

by Jenna on Mar 2, 2012 at 1:54 pm

16. I can’t wait to make this tomorrow!!! I forgot the Greek yogurt. A quick stop tommorow to pick some up. This looks amazing!!! Keep the Nutella recipes coming..

by Gigi on Mar 3, 2012 at 1:33 am

17. Take out the coffee and I’m totally in!!!

by Mireia on Mar 3, 2012 at 8:02 am

18. Nutella and coffee cake get in my belly! Sounds awesome!

by Cooking on a Dime on Mar 3, 2012 at 5:26 pm

19. I could eat at least 3 slices of that right now! Looks wonderful!

by Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen on Mar 3, 2012 at 7:50 pm

20. Just made the coffeecake!!! Yummy in the tummy!!

by Gigi on Mar 3, 2012 at 11:55 pm

21. This sounds wonderful! I love Nutella and mixed in a coffee cake…wow… my taste buds would be very happy:)

by Raina on Mar 4, 2012 at 8:39 pm

22. I love coffee cake, but so far I’ve only made a cinnamon streusel version. This one sounds great!

by megan @ whatmegansmaking on Mar 4, 2012 at 9:48 pm

23. I can’t process that much amazingness so early in the morning… *drool*

by Megan @ Country Cleaver on Mar 5, 2012 at 11:46 am

24. Nutella in a coffee cake. what could be better?

by Elizabeth on Mar 5, 2012 at 8:35 pm

25. I made this last night for the bible study group that meets at my place. Everybody loved it! Delicious & so so easy to make!

by Ani on Mar 7, 2012 at 2:35 am

26. How do I pin this? I know that’s a lame question, but I guess I’m missing the button?

by Kristi on Feb 7, 2014 at 12:00 pm