No-Bake Biscoff Cookies

As I mentioned before, I’m taking a little vacation from blogging – don’t worry, I’ll be back! – but in the meantime, some of my favorite bloggers are stepping in to take the reins while I’m away. Today Michelle from Brown Eyed Baker is here, another fabulous baking blogger (though she cooks as well!) who I also have a lot in common with outside of blogging, as she mentions below. To me, her site is like a well-worn cookbook; a collection of delicious tried-and-true recipes from her kitchen to yours. Thank you Michelle for guest posting today!

Last March when I went on vacation Tracy was one of my wonderful food blogging friends who contributed a guest post to the site while I was away (remember her awesome Baked Doughnuts with Cinnamon Sugar?), so I of course jumped at the opportunity to do the same for her while she’s enjoying some time away from Internet land. Aside from us both having rambunctious Golden Retriever children and loving football so much that we coordinated an all-girl food blogger fantasy football league this past season, I also feel a kinship with Tracy in that she has to deal with peanut and nut allergies. As someone who had to worry about that for five years, I know that it’s definitely not any fun. As a result, I wanted to modify one of my favorite peanut butter recipes (No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Cookies) so that Tracy could enjoy them too. I came up with No-Bake Biscoff Cookies using Biscoff spread – a new favorite of mine!

I seem to be a little late to the Biscoff party and was just introduced to it last month while touring the grand opening of a new local grocery store. They were offering it (as well as Nutella) along with Magic Pop, which they were making fresh in the store, and which were also new to me. They are a combination of a rice cake and a popcorn flavor, they are 15 calories and totally addictive, especially when slathered with Biscoff spread, as I soon found out. I’ve had a jar in the pantry ever since and was excited to use it in a new recipe, one that was free of any nuts and that I hope Tracy enjoys!

Yield: About 2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes

Add the sugar, milk, butter and salt to a 4-quart saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil and let boil, without stirring, for 1 full minute. Remove from heat. Stir in the Biscoff spread and vanilla until smooth, then fold in the oats. Drop by heaping tablespoons (or use a medium cookie scoop) onto wax paper-lined baking sheets. Let cool until set.

Posted by on February 15, 2012.

Tags: , ,

1. GREAT guest post!!! :)

by Blog is the New Black on Feb 15, 2012 at 9:32 am

2. Hmmm. No nuts at all? I’ve never seen Biscoff spread. What is it flavored with? We have peanut/tree nut allergies too.

by barbara on Feb 15, 2012 at 9:53 am

3. No-bake cookies are such a nostalgic indulgence – love that you’ve “modernized” them with Biscoff spread!

by Casey@Good. Food. Stories. on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:04 am

4. This is awesome! I have a jar of Biscoff sitting in my cabinet just waiting to be turned into something delicious like this. :)

by Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:25 am

5. No idea what biscoff is or where could I find it in Spain… I’ll have to do some research but they do look fantastic!

by Mireia on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:48 am

6. I’ve seen Biscoff cookies before, but I’ve never eaten them. Now I see biscoff spread popping up everywhere. I need to try biscoff as well as join the Nutella bandwagon. :-) Thanks for sharing this recipe!

by Tamara @jemofthesouth on Feb 15, 2012 at 11:23 am

7. Just one thing to keep in mind about Biscoff…it is packed in a facility that also processes tree nut products. I was very excited about it until I read that. Maybe I’m just super freaky about my allergy.

by Marianne on Feb 15, 2012 at 11:24 am

8. Biscoff Spread is available in your grocery stores. I live in Des Moines, Iowa and can find it everywhere. It will either be by the peanut butter or sometimes by the speciality cookie isle. Usually right by the Biscoff packaged cookies. Biscoff cookies are a caramilzed biscuit similar to sepculoos. They originated in Belgium.

by Martha on Feb 15, 2012 at 11:37 am

9. Trader Joe’s offers a Speculoos Cookie Butter for $3 a jar. It spreads like peanut butter, but tastes like Anna’s ginger thins. It’s pretty close to Biscoff, which I’ve only seen in one store around here.

by David on Feb 15, 2012 at 11:52 am

10. Can’t wait to try this! I’ve got half a can of Biscoff waiting to be put to use!

by The Mrs @ Success Along the Weigh on Feb 15, 2012 at 12:13 pm

11. I’ve only ever had regular chocolate no-bake cookies, so I love your spin!

by Jenna on Feb 15, 2012 at 12:21 pm

12. One more reason to be excited that Trader Joe’s is restocking their cookie butter!

by Lauren at Keep It Sweet on Feb 15, 2012 at 12:30 pm

13. These sound SO GOOD! I love Biscoff spread. Yum

by j3nn on Feb 15, 2012 at 12:38 pm

14. Barbara and Marianne – Biscoff spread is peanut and nut-free, and it’s a sweet spread that tastes looks like peanut butter but tastes just like cinnamon-sugar Biscoff cookies. It’s wonderful stuff! :-)

David – I have seen the Trader Joe’s cookie butter as well; unfortunately the label says that it may contain traces of tree nuts, milk, and eggs.

by Tracy on Feb 15, 2012 at 12:53 pm

15. What a great guest post, Michelle! I bet these little fellas taste ridiculously good. Love that they’re no bake! We’ve got to get another jar of Biscoff around here. I brought one with me from NJ, and the sister, niece and nephew finished it in record time.

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Feb 15, 2012 at 1:11 pm

16. We have nut allergies here too, and Biscoff is SO good! Unfortunately, the closest store to me that carries it is an hour away…so I have to stock up when I find it! I’ll be making these when I replenish my stash ;) I’ll probably throw some chocolate in there too!

by Kim of Mo'Betta on Feb 15, 2012 at 1:47 pm

17. These look awesome and I made some nobake cookie-butter spread cookies in December. I love Biscoff in anything!

by Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga on Feb 15, 2012 at 2:16 pm

18. Any idea how long these last? And do they need refrigeration?

by E on Feb 15, 2012 at 2:47 pm

19. For those unfamiliar with Bischoff, if you have flown Delta Airlines then you most likely had “Bischoff Cookies”, I loved them so much I saved the wrapper and found out how to buy them and the “new” spread.

by Heidi on Feb 15, 2012 at 4:12 pm

20. Sorry that should have been “biscoff” not bischoff.

by Heidi on Feb 15, 2012 at 4:13 pm

21. Love this recipe! I am obsessed with Biscoff spread! I used it in a cheesecake once :) SO good!

by Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes on Feb 15, 2012 at 5:01 pm

22. I love eating no bake cookies and I would love to try a version with biscoff but I can’t seem to find it anywhere :(

by Becca-cookie jar treats on Feb 15, 2012 at 7:09 pm

23. I have never had Biscoff spread but would like to try it; the cookies sound yummy:)

by Raina on Feb 15, 2012 at 8:24 pm

24. I’m still waiting for Biscoff to make it to my town…it sounds totally fabulous, and these cookies look great! Thanks for posting; I’m adding these to my “must make when I finally get some Biscoff” list! :-)

by Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl on Feb 15, 2012 at 11:43 pm

25. LOVED this post! Can’t wait to try these. Also – just curious if you’ve made these with the cocoa added and only change to the original no bake cookies (aka “oatmeal fudgies” in my family) being the replacing of peanut butter with biscoff spread. I may have to try that just to see how they turn out. I know my local grocery store sold biscoff cookies dipped in dark chocolate on a platter around the holidays so I’m going to assume (until I try it) that biscoff and chocolate are a good combo. Thanks again for a great new recipe!

by Katie on Feb 16, 2012 at 12:22 am

26. Yummy, I made these awhile back and they ARE addicting!!! Yum….

by Aimee @ ShugarySweets on Feb 16, 2012 at 8:04 am

27. LOVE this version. This is a great simple and easy recipe to try. Of course, anything with biscoff is good. You can never go wrong!!

by Traci on Feb 16, 2012 at 11:43 am

28. This cookie has got to be sinfully delicious!!!!!!!!!!
    The only thing I have done with my “Biscoff Spread” is to use a spoon and eat it out of the jar!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Also found at our large supermarket, they had the “Crunchy!”.
    And I bought it too!!!!!
    Yum, is the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Bettye on Feb 16, 2012 at 2:46 pm

29. I LOVE Biscoff, I am one of the Stylists for the holiday catalogs and have lots of jars of the stuff. Thanks for the recipe, we are always looking for something to do with it. Our Fave is nutella and Biscoff spread in bread warmed in a pan!!

by ChefJen on Feb 16, 2012 at 5:22 pm

30. I adore Biscoff and I love cookies, so in eyes, Michelle is pretty much a genius!

by Jamie | My Baking Addiction on Feb 16, 2012 at 6:24 pm

31. No Bake cookies are one of my favorites. I love the idea of using Biscoff. Thanks for the idea!

by Amber, RD on Feb 16, 2012 at 6:32 pm

32. I have not seen this spread in the UK (London) has anyone else?

by kooky girl blog on Feb 18, 2012 at 5:19 pm

33. yum! love this spin on no-bake cookies! i love biscoff cookies and spread, so will def be trying this out! hubby loves no-bakes, so it’ll be a win-win in our house! :)

by natalie on Feb 19, 2012 at 12:31 pm

34. How funny – I just found this post – and am literally scooping biscoff out of the jar with my finger… to lazy to go get a spoon…. I found my jar at World Market – but have since seen it at a large grocery store in the peanut butter section (waiting to find the crunchy one)… SUPER excited to make these!!! Thanks for the recipe! :)

by christy on Feb 23, 2012 at 6:33 pm

35. In parts of Europe (and quite possibly the UK) something similar to this is sold called Speculoos spread (or paste or pasta).

by Tracy on Feb 25, 2012 at 2:30 am

36. Amazon carries this wonderful spread along with the cookies.

by Nani A on Feb 25, 2012 at 10:39 am

37. Made this recipe today exactly as written but it was way too sweet for me. I added 1/2 teaspoon of salt before scooping the cookies out of the saucepan and, for me, that was the ticket. Thanks to Michelle for a great idea!

by Missy G on Feb 27, 2012 at 11:17 am

38. I just finished making this recipe and letting it cool..wow it’s so oily!! I guess it’s from the butter and Biscoff spread. Also, Missy G was right, it’s too sweet (and I LOOOOVE anything sweet!) so for me to say this then it really is too sweet, even when I added a little bit more salt. Note to self & maybe to others: cut down a little on the butter and sugar. Nevertheless, I’m looking forward to making these again…with maybe a little more Biscoff coz this stuff is absolutely YUMMY!!! ;)

by Kim on May 6, 2012 at 6:27 am

39. If you also stay in a country where you cannot buy Biscoff spread than do it yourself.
    After a long searching I found a receipe.

by Marina on Jul 4, 2012 at 9:23 am

40. I love these cookies. I make the “normal” no-bake cookies often, but this spin on them is delicious.

For those having trouble finding Biscoff, I can always find it at Walmart in the peanut butter section.

by Kelly on Feb 22, 2013 at 8:27 pm

41. I just made these cookies amazing I found the Biscoff at HEB in Texas :)

by Stephane on Jul 1, 2013 at 5:17 pm