Mini S’mores Whoopie Pies

As I mentioned before, I’m taking a little vacation from blogging – don’t worry, I’ll be back! – but in the meantime, some of my favorite bloggers are stepping in to take the reins while I’m away. Today Liz from Little Bitty Bakes is here, and if you love baking, her blog is definitely one you want to check out…particularly if you love a good chocolate chip cookie (and who doesn’t?)! And I agree, as local bloggers, we totally need to meet up. Thank you Liz for guest posting today!

Hi there, Sugarcrafter readers! I’m Liz from Little Bitty Bakes, a blog all about simple, delicious recipes. I’m so happy to be filling in for Tracy here today. Her blog is one of the first baking blogs I starting reading on a regular basis when I was just a wee little baby blogger. Tracy and I have a lot in common — obviously, we share a love for all things sweet, and we both call upstate New York home! Tracy, we really ought to get together sometime! 🙂

When I stepped into the kitchen last weekend, I had every intention of making carrot cake cookies for this guest post. But as I went to grab my ingredients, my eyes glanced by Hershey bars and marshmallows and well, I don’t know about you, but when I see chocolate and marshmallows, all bets are off! Add graham crackers into the picture, and I’m toast… well, technically a warm, gooey s’more. 😉

In addition to my s’mores crazed brain, I’m thanking Mother Nature for these little guys. Here in Central New York, we’re lucky if we get one “winter thaw” per winter, and I think we’ve had about twenty this year! It has my food mind in spring/summer mode, which I’m definitely not complaining about. Not when it means I whip up things like mini s’mores whoopie pies!

These bite-size whoopie pies are so easy to make, you won’t believe it. Starting with dry cake mix, just add an equal portion of graham cracker crumbs to make tiny graham flavored cake cookies. Then, all you have to do to finish ’em off is toast a halved marshmallow and assemble! Enjoy!

Makes about 3 to 4 dozen mini whoopie pies (depending on size).

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two to three large cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the dry cake mix, graham cracker crumbs, egg, oil, and water with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spoon the batter into a pastry bag or plastic bag, then use a pair of scissors to cut a corner of the bag. Pipe the batter onto the prepared cookie sheets (I did mine about the size of a quarter), at least one inch apart. Bake 15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Allow to cool completely before assembling whoopie pies.

To assemble the whoopie pies, toast marshmallows, then immediately sandwich a toasted marshmallow
and chocolate square between two graham cookies.

Posted by on February 10, 2012.

Tags: , ,

1. Love this recipe, Liz! So cute and tasty!

by Blog is the New Black on Feb 10, 2012 at 8:33 am

2. Oh my Liz, these look delicious!!

by Kelly on Feb 10, 2012 at 9:43 am

3. I have to make these for my mom when I’m up visiting her next week! Her two favorite desserts – combined!!

by d.liff @ yelleBELLYboo on Feb 10, 2012 at 10:41 am

4. Wow, Liz–these look awesome! The melty marshmallows are calling my name.

by Jenna on Feb 10, 2012 at 11:52 am

5. I think I’d love these way more than a regular s’more, because I hate how the graham crackers normally crumble all over my shirt. These look like less mess and more delicious! Great to meet you Liz. 🙂

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Feb 10, 2012 at 11:59 am

6. Yum. This may be a silly question but how do you toast the marshmallows indoors?

by T on Feb 10, 2012 at 12:37 pm

7. so unfair… it’s very hard to find Hershey’s chocolate in here! And there’s no better chocolate to make smores….

by Mireia on Feb 10, 2012 at 1:18 pm

8. These look fantastic! Awesome guest post.

by Chris @ TheKeenanCookbook on Feb 10, 2012 at 5:57 pm

9. These look fabulous!! I bet they’d be good too with pumpkin cookies as well 🙂

by Life of a Modern Housewife on Feb 10, 2012 at 7:38 pm

10. These are so cute 🙂 I like the tiny proportions; it means I can eat like five 😀

by Becca-cookie jar treats on Feb 10, 2012 at 11:25 pm

11. These look so yummy! I love regular S’mores but these sound way better:)

by Raina on Feb 12, 2012 at 9:52 am

12. Adorbs! I have been known to broil marshmallows on a baguette when I’m desperate for s’mores, but these are way more elegant.

by Casey@Good. Food. Stories. on Feb 12, 2012 at 7:04 pm

13. Tracy, these whoopies pies are so creative! Love the idea and I can bet they’d be a big hit at summer campfire parties, or any summer party for that matter. You’re so talented! Thanks for sharing!

by Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking on Feb 13, 2012 at 12:41 pm

14. Oh yes. This looks right up my alley.

Catherine

by Catherine on Feb 14, 2012 at 1:15 am

15. These look beautiful!

by modernworkinggirl on Feb 15, 2012 at 1:59 pm

16. Adorable! Great guest post–I can’t wait to try this combo. 🙂

by Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray on Feb 15, 2012 at 4:04 pm

17. Thank you, LIz! I’m always on the lookout for recipes that are easy enough for my 6yo daughter to help me make. AND she loves smores so I can’t wait to make these with her.

by Expedition Eat (Dina Krohne) on Feb 23, 2012 at 10:14 am

18. These are really cute! My daughter would love them! Thank you for posting

by amie@familyrecipeworld on Feb 24, 2012 at 4:04 pm

19. Melt the chocolate on a plate for like 15-20 sec in the microwave before sandwiching them. It’s gooey and awesome, and a further nod to the traditional s’mores.

by Swts4Grl on Dec 21, 2012 at 2:26 pm