Rosemary and White Cheddar Biscuits

I know I’ve said this before, but I find Pinterest totally addicting. From food (of course) to DIY and crafts to beautiful homes and cute outfits, I can easily lose a good 45 minutes on a few too many clicks of the “See More Pins” button. My problem is that I keep adding projects to my to-do list, but have a hard time getting organized enough to actually accomplish them…so I’m wondering, how do you keep organized? Whether it’s a simple to-do list, a favorite notebook or day planner, a sophisticated collection of spreadsheets, or even post-it notes stuck to your computer, I want to know!

Now that my cry for organizational help is out of the way, I want to share these rosemary and cheddar biscuits I made last week when I decided that I needed to branch out from the biscuits I normally make when I serve soup – particularly because now that we’re well into January, I’m making a LOT of soup. These biscuits are still of the savory variety, but they’re a little more on the soft and fluffy side, and they’re perfect with a pat of butter or even a bit of sweet jam. Enjoy!

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and rosemary.

Blend in the butter using a pastry blender. Add the milk and cheese to the flour mixture and stir until the mixture holds together. Knead lightly on a floured surface and roll out to 1? thickness. Using a 2? biscuit butter, cut the dough into circles.

Re-roll the scraps and cut out biscuits until you have used all of the dough. Place on the prepared baking sheet.

Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Makes a half dozen biscuits.

Posted by on January 17, 2012.

Tags: , ,

Categories: breads & pastries

1. First of all, these biscuits look so yummy!! Perfect with soup, as you said. Secondly, I also love Pinterest and am completely addicted. I tend to organize differently depending on what I’m organizing, but my most commonly used tools are a daily planner that I bring with me everywhere and simple to-do lists! Although I do like electronic methods of organizing, you really can’t beat good ol’ pen and paper :)

by Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! on Jan 17, 2012 at 9:52 am

2. Oh, I’m terribly disorganized right now! What if you made a goal to tackle one thing on your to-do list per month? I have daily to-do lists, and then for my knitting projects, they are just in my head, though I keep a stash of patterns to look through when I’m ready for the next project. (Of course, what I really need to do right now is wash out my refrigerator, but that’s much less fun than sitting by the fire with my knitting!)

Also, I love biscuits and I love rosemary, so these look divine.

by Oldfangled on Jan 17, 2012 at 9:53 am

3. I know what you mean about Pinterest–I just recently discovered it, and have lost WAY too much time to it already! Speaking of Pinterest, though, I’m pinnng THESE to make–they look wonderful!

Not that I’m especially organized, but I make my to-do list for the week on Sundays, and jot daily tasks down on my planner (I take it with me everywhere–contains my grocery list, etc). Then I cross tasks off as I go–I don’t always get it all done, but it gives me a good start! =)

by Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl on Jan 17, 2012 at 10:15 am

4. There is nothing better than rosemary I swear! These biscuits look so scrumptious! Being a Southern gal, myself, biscuits are just a staple!!

Christy

by Life of a Modern Housewife on Jan 17, 2012 at 11:22 am

5. If you’re into online tools, I’m a big fan of TeuxDeux.com (bonus: they’ve got an app for your phone too.) It doesn’t find me the time to get everything done, but I do get to schedule things to do by the day, and cross them off when I’m done :-)

With that being said, I think I’ll add these to my list — they look great!

by Avalee on Jan 17, 2012 at 11:26 am

6. Your biscuits look enticingly perfect! And with regards to staying organized, I use a huge desk planner at my job for both work and personal stuff. Then at home, I have a second little calendar that I fill in Sunday for each week, and I add missions to each day–pictures I need to process, a recipe I want to make, or whatever. Crossing them off when the task is accomplished is SO satisfying. I haven’t ventured into the land of pinterest because I think I’d find it completely overwhelming.

by Jenna on Jan 17, 2012 at 11:52 am

7. Let me know when you figure out the organizational thing. Then I’ll fly you out here to organize me ;)

In the meantime, I’ll be making these biscuits!!

by Cookbook Queen on Jan 17, 2012 at 11:54 am

8. If you find the holy grail of organization, let me know. I think I’m up to trying to manage something like four calendars. You can imagine how well that works.

But if you need help getting rid of these fluffy morsels, I’m your girl.

by Wendi @ Bon Appetit Hon on Jan 17, 2012 at 1:43 pm

9. For organization, I usually have to write down lists. Once it’s written down, I don’t have to look at it again, but at least I know there’s a list. I use little notebooks, index cards that I can throw out, big notebooks, post it notes on my wall, and calendars. I’m not big with the virtual help, because I don’t really check it that often, but if I write it down, most of the time it helps.

Right now, I have so much in my mind that I “want” to do, and nothing really that I have motivation to do, which I think is kind of bad. I’m looking for ways to get some motivation back, and organize my priorities.

Miss you Tracyyyyyyyyyyy! :D (P.S. it’s your turn)

by Friend from Space on Jan 17, 2012 at 1:52 pm

10. Mmmmm. Rosemary + cheddar = biscuit perfection!!

by Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray on Jan 17, 2012 at 3:00 pm

11. I just love the sound of these. Rosemary and cheddar make such a nice flavour together!

by Katrina on Jan 17, 2012 at 3:20 pm

12. love everything about these! anything with rosemary I am already a huge fan of!

by Elizabeth @ Chronic Venture on Jan 17, 2012 at 3:36 pm

13. Notebooks and to-do lists are my lifeline when it comes to organization. Also, and I know you’re still mad at Google over their move and your consequential inoperable calendars, but I find GCal to be crucial.

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Jan 17, 2012 at 3:42 pm

14. These look delicious! I finally starting making homemade biscuits recently instead of the pillsbury kind, and I will never turn back!

by Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen on Jan 17, 2012 at 3:46 pm

15. I don’t have organizing tips, but these biscuits look like the perfect addition to my beef stew tonight!

by Aimee @ Simple Bites on Jan 17, 2012 at 4:15 pm

16. These look lovely! I have not checked out Pinterest yet…I hear it is a huge (but awesome) time-suck, so I’m trying to avoid it for as long as possible! I am a major list maker…although I rarely manage to check things off of my list, it always helps to make one!

by Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe on Jan 17, 2012 at 7:22 pm

17. When I’m not making biscuits (ha ha), I use a weird combination of Google Calendar, Evernote, and the Stickies app on my mac to keep track of all my to-dos. It’s an imperfect system but it works with my laptop, iPad, AND phone so I can remember what I need wherever I am!

by Casey@Good. Food. Stories. on Jan 17, 2012 at 11:44 pm

18. First… I have to tell you that I bought a Busy Body Book organizer (http://busybodybook.com/) this year, and I LOVE it! I keep columns for blog posts, menu, appointments, etc. Plus, I love that they give you a whole page for to-do lists/doodling each week.

Second… I love the flavors in these biscuits. YUM! I can imagine how fantastic the kitchen must smell when they are baking!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Jan 17, 2012 at 11:45 pm

19. Biscuits are delicious! If I could have just biscuits for dinner, I would in a heart beat. Savory biscuits are some of the best kind, especially when there’s cheese involved. These one’s look terrific.

As for getting organized, I can’t help you. For school, I just use the planner they provided for me and that helps about 90% of the time (not on weekends) but on foodgawker, I keep favorting recipes that I plan on making, but it never happens, and the recipes keep accumulating xD

by Becca- Cookie Jar Treats on Jan 18, 2012 at 12:20 am

20. These biscuits sound awesome! Love the flavor combination.

As for organizing, you probably know I am not the best person to ask ;-) But if you find any good tips please pass them along!

by Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker on Jan 18, 2012 at 10:52 am

21. Those biscuits look terrific! I am a list maker. Post it user! I love Pinterest too and spend way way too much time. It is my guilty pleasure right now! Less calories.

by carolinaheartstrings on Jan 18, 2012 at 5:20 pm

22. I will definitely try this recipe soon.

by Alice on Jan 19, 2012 at 1:34 am

23. I too am completely addicted to Pinterest – it may very well be the biggest time suck ever. I’m a biscuit lover and these sound absolutely incredible!

by Jamie | My Baking Addiction on Jan 21, 2012 at 10:00 pm

24. What a lovely flavor combination. I could not be trusted around a batch of these.

by Eliana on Jan 25, 2012 at 12:05 am

25. I made these for breakfast this morning. I didn’t change a thing and they turned out perfect. Thanks!

by Tara on Mar 8, 2012 at 12:56 am