Nutella Gingerbread (and Barista Prima Coffee Giveaway Winner)

Nutella Gingerbread - 5

First things first – congratulations to lucky number 4 – LaurieJ!

Please contact me atย prizes [at] sugarcrafter [dot] net with your full name and mailing address so that I can get your prize out to you as soon as possible. Also, a huge thank you to all who entered! It was so much fun reading about all the ways you enjoy your coffee…Iโ€™m definitely looking forward to trying some of your ideas myself!

Now, on to today’s recipe – nutella gingerbread. It may not look like much in the photo, but don’t be fooled. It’s packed full of holiday flavor, and though it doesn’t contain a lot of sugar, it’s still very sweet from the addition of nutella. I served this at a small cookie exchange I hosted over the weekend (more on that Thursday for the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies!), and it was completely devoured by the end of the party. And, while it’s a perfect snack for party guests, it also pairs perfectly with coffee in the morning or on its own for an afternoon snack or dessert. I highly recommend adding this to your holiday baking this year, whether you’re baking it for yourself or even mini loaves to give as gifts!

Preheat the oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9×13″ loaf pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, ginger, cinnamon, and salt.

Nutella Gingerbread - 1

In another large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together. Beat in the egg until well-combined, and then beat in the milk, molasses, and nutella.

Nutella Gingerbread - 2

Stir in the chocolate chips.

Nutella Gingerbread - 3

Add the dry ingredients and beat just until combined. Spoon the batter into the loaf pan.

Nutella Gingerbread - 4

Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack before serving.

Nutella Gingerbread - 5

Posted by on December 6, 2011.

Tags: , ,

Categories: breads & pastries, desserts & sweets

1. Ummm…yes please! This sounds freaking fantastic! What an awesome combination!

by Katrina on Dec 6, 2011 at 1:17 pm

2. This cake will be baked as soon as possible. Yummy!!
    We love Nutella.

by My German Kitchen...in the Rockies on Dec 6, 2011 at 1:29 pm

3. Bookmarking! I am making this for my breakfasts the week of Christmas (if it lasts that long!). This sounds amazing!

by Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl on Dec 6, 2011 at 1:42 pm

4. Yum! Wonderful recipe.. Added to this year’s baking. Thanks.

by Sonia Rumzi on Dec 6, 2011 at 2:27 pm

5. Brilliant!! I adore gingerbread and everything’s better with Nutella ๐Ÿ™‚ Can’t wait to try this!

by Angela @ The Dancer Bakes on Dec 6, 2011 at 2:28 pm

6. I never would have thought of combining Nutella and gingerbread. I better not show this to James, or I’ll have even more holiday baking to do!

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Dec 6, 2011 at 2:32 pm

7. Now that my husband is becoming a Nutella addict, it may be time to introduce one of your many Nutella-based goodies.
    By the way, I just posted your pumpkin spice latte syrup recipe today on my blog–thanks again for such a fantastic recipe!

by Jenna on Dec 6, 2011 at 2:51 pm

8. That looks so utterly fantastic. I love Nutella anything. Come visit. We have a terrific pretzel Heath bark this week.

by carolinaheartstrings on Dec 6, 2011 at 9:13 pm

9. Ooo, this sounds perfect! I almost never have Nutella on hand but I actually do, for once. I think I might have to make this for Christmas. ๐Ÿ™‚

by Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) on Dec 6, 2011 at 10:25 pm

10. Did have time to bake it today. It was phenomenal! Left out the chocolate chips. Sunk a little in the middle because of the altitude I live at. I will have to adjust it next time, which will be soon. Thanks again.
    Kirsten

by My German Kitchen...in the Rockies on Dec 6, 2011 at 11:15 pm

11. This looks really great. I always forget how much I like gingerbread until December rolls around.

by Becca on Dec 6, 2011 at 11:37 pm

12. Yeah I have no trouble seeing why that would be devoured, that sounds incredible!

by Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen on Dec 7, 2011 at 3:40 am

13. That looks so good, I bet it would make an amazing bread pudding too.

by Sue @ cakeballs, cookies and more on Dec 7, 2011 at 10:52 am

14. Can this recipe be doubled or tripled? I would to bake this for a condo party. I think I would like to top this with a rum glaze.

by Irene on Dec 7, 2011 at 12:41 pm

15. Yum!! This gingerbread looks incredible. Definitely need to give it a try!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Dec 7, 2011 at 3:15 pm

16. YUMx1000000000000!!!!! 2 of my favorite things: gingerbread and nutella!

by Elizabeth on Dec 7, 2011 at 6:08 pm

17. This looks fantastic! I’m a bit scared to make it actually, in case I eat it all before anyone else gets a look in!

by Sarah on Dec 8, 2011 at 9:57 am

18. I need to reignite my flame for Nutella and this looks like the perfect way to do just that!

by Jamie | My Baking Addiction on Dec 8, 2011 at 6:39 pm

19. I didn’t have the right size loaf pan, so I made little mini muffins with these. Scooped the batter directly into a mini muffin pan and baked for 15 minutes. Delicious! The outside is a little bit crunchy and the insight is moist and delicious!

by Jackie on Dec 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm

20. This was a huge hit at my holiday party, it was gone in no time. Success!

by Sarah on Dec 22, 2011 at 10:59 am