Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Mocha Cookies

Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Cookies - 6

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! Thanks to Pie Week here on Sugarcrafter, most of our desserts were done ahead of time, so I only had a couple things left to do on the big day. Thankfully, they all went pretty smoothly, and we all had a wonderful time catching up and enjoying the delicious food. Now that Thanksgiving is over though, I’m excited to get back to the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies. You may have noticed that I skipped last week in lieu of Pie Week, but I’m back today with a cookie that pairs perfectly with a popular holiday coffee drink. These aren’t even the usual soft, chewy cookie that I usually make…instead, they’re buttery, thin, and crispy, and perfect for dipping in coffee. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do, and I hope you’re enjoying the beginning of the Christmas season!

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the eggs.

Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Cookies - 1

Beat in the mint extract and cooled chocolate.

Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Cookies - 2

In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and espresso powder.

Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Cookies - 3

Gradually beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Stir in the white chocolate chips.

Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Cookies - 4

Drop by rounded teaspoons on the prepared sheet.

Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Cookies - 5

Bake 8-10 minutes or until the edges are set. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes once removed from the oven, and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Cookies - 6

Posted by on November 26, 2011.

Tags: , , , ,

1. What a wonderful flavor combination – and brown sugar makes all cookies better. The extra caramel flavor and the chewier texture – necessary.

by Victoria (District Chocoholic) on Nov 26, 2011 at 2:00 pm

2. Wow, these cookies look incredible! Yum – perfect for the holidays, I will definitely have to try them out. 🙂

by sara on Nov 26, 2011 at 2:58 pm

3. Forget dunnking them in coffee, these look perfect with a class of hot chocolate! 🙂 They look great, and I love how much chocolate has gone into this cookie.

by Becca on Nov 26, 2011 at 5:06 pm

4. Oh my goodness, I love this combination! These look fabulous!

by Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl on Nov 26, 2011 at 5:08 pm

5. These cookies are a little bundle of heaven! Love the sound of that minty chocolate cookie with white chocolate. I can’t wait to sink my teeth into these!

by Katrina on Nov 26, 2011 at 9:44 pm

6. Over the past few years, I’m all about the peppermint. These sound scrumptious. Love your photos too Tracy!

by Renee - kudos kitchen on Nov 27, 2011 at 4:09 am

7. hi Tracy,that cookies looks so yummy,can you tell me if i want the cookies crunchier,what must i do?thank you and i will try to cook your recipes as best as you can!

by stephanie on Nov 27, 2011 at 7:22 am

8. Those look really good, perfect for a cup of hot chocolate.

by sue on Nov 27, 2011 at 10:58 am

9. i love the sound of these… yum!

by Jessica @ How Sweetqm on Nov 28, 2011 at 9:18 am

10. i would love one of these right now with my morning cup of coffee 🙂

by Alexis @ There She Goes on Nov 28, 2011 at 10:48 am

11. Tracy, I LOVE your header and how you put the little Santa hat on the baker! Adorable. We just put up some Christmas lights and our tiny (very tiny) tree on Saturday, and it’s made me feel oh-so-festive.

by Jenna on Nov 28, 2011 at 1:00 pm

12. Heaven help me this may be my new favorite cookie. It looks fantastic. Come visit us. We have pumpkin fried rice today. Delicious. Be sure to visit us on Friday and regsiter to win a party dress from The Shabby Apple.

by carolinaheartstrings on Nov 28, 2011 at 9:50 pm

13. Where can you get espresso powder? Thx!

by Penny on Nov 29, 2011 at 11:14 pm

14. Penny – I get mine in the coffee/tea aisle at the grocery store. Sometimes it is also called “instant espresso.” Hope that helps!

by Tracy on Nov 30, 2011 at 2:28 pm

15. Thanks Tracy!

by Penny on Nov 30, 2011 at 4:15 pm

16. OMG! You had me at Peppermint White Chocolate Chip Mocha cookies….

In other words, I am sooo making these!

by Allison on Dec 3, 2011 at 2:08 pm

17. Just made these today and they are so yummy! Not too sweet, just the right amount of mint, and the perfect crispy chewy consistency. These are definitely going into my holiday, or anytime, cookie arsenal. Thanks for sharing!

by Tobie on Dec 4, 2011 at 6:40 pm

18. OOh. These sound wonderful. Peppermint and white chocolate are a perfect combination! Thanks for the recipe 🙂

by marty on Dec 5, 2011 at 10:50 am

19. These remind me of peppermint mochas at Starbucks… Those are my favorite! Yum 🙂

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Dec 7, 2011 at 3:24 pm

20. unsalted or salted butter?

by Jess P on Jan 14, 2012 at 4:56 pm

21. Jess – I used salted butter. Hope that helps!

by Tracy on Jan 16, 2012 at 5:23 pm