Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie

Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie - 5

I hope you’re all still hungry for pie after yesterday’s brownie pie, because today I’m sharing a spin on a Thanksgiving classic. Canning is one of my favorite hobbies, and I spend a lot of time in the summer and early fall preserving fruit…so when I was taking inventory of my pantry full of goodies a few weeks ago and a jar of my apple maple butter caught my eye, I just couldn’t resist the thought of combining two of my favorite fall flavors – apple and pumpkin – into one perfect autumn pie. This twist on classic pumpkin pie turned out to be just what I was looking for to serve for Thanksgiving this year, and the touch of maple in the apple butter paired very well with the pumpkin and autumn spices. If you’re looking to change up your traditional pumpkin pie this year, I encourage you to try this one – you won’t be disappointed, and neither will your guests! Enjoy!

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Roll the pie crust out to about 1/8″ thick and place it in a 9″ pie dish. Poke all around with a fork and then bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown. My crust shrank more than I was expecting, so I recommend using pie weights for this step if you have them.

Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie - 1

In a large bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.

Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie - 2

Bake 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake about 45 minutes longer or until set. Remove to a wire rack to cool.

Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie - 4

For decorative cut-outs, roll additional pastry to 1/4″ and cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.

Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie - 3

Arrange the decorations on top of the pie as desired. Serve with ice cream or fresh whipped cream.

Posted by on November 15, 2011.

1. Beautiful pie! And what a great idea!

by Lauren from Lauren's Latest on Nov 15, 2011 at 11:53 am

2. I’m pretty sure this is like, Autumn personified. Beautiful pie, Miss Tracy!

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Nov 15, 2011 at 11:57 am

3. I love your leaf decorations 🙂

by Rachel @ Baked by Rachel on Nov 15, 2011 at 12:07 pm

4. I love the cutouts! Such a fun, festive touch. 🙂

by Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray on Nov 15, 2011 at 12:11 pm

5. What a wonderful combination! Pumpkin pie is one of my favorites–and wth apple butter!?!? Oh so YUM!

by Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl on Nov 15, 2011 at 12:33 pm

6. Oh Tracy . . . will you come to my Thanksgiving dinner and bring a passel of pies with you? Please?

by Jenna on Nov 15, 2011 at 12:43 pm

7. I love apple butter and I loooove pumpkin pie 🙂 Can you believe that my husband tried apple butter for the FIRST time last week?! I think it’s a sign. I must make this.

by Cookbook Queen on Nov 15, 2011 at 12:51 pm

8. this may be my most favorite combo every. apple and pumpkin?! delicious!

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Nov 15, 2011 at 5:06 pm

9. What if I just make decorative pie leaves and dip them in maple apple butter? And then eat them all before we even get to Thanksgiving? Is that ok?

by Casey@Good. Food. Stories. on Nov 15, 2011 at 8:15 pm

10. What a beautiful pie. Delicious! Come visit us. We have a terrific mulled cider and a legacy cookbook to share.

by carolinaheartstrings on Nov 15, 2011 at 9:52 pm

11. What a great combination of flavors! I just love the little leaves around the edges too 🙂

by Tracey on Nov 15, 2011 at 10:39 pm

12. Those leaves on top make this pie so pretty!

by Katrina on Nov 16, 2011 at 8:55 am

13. Beautiful pie!! Apple butter sounds like the perfect addition to pumpkin pie… I need to try that next time. And, I just love the way you decorated the crust with the pie crust cutouts. Cute!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Nov 16, 2011 at 12:24 pm

14. Gorgeous pie, gorgeous presentation!

by Teanna on Nov 16, 2011 at 12:28 pm

15. OH MY GOODNESS – – you’re totally rocking pie week!! This is yet again another FAB recipe

by Living The Sweet Life on Nov 16, 2011 at 4:51 pm

16. Your pie is beautiful Tracy!! I made an apple butter pumpkin pie last year and it was a big hit! I might need to try your recipe this year!

by TidyMom on Nov 16, 2011 at 6:37 pm

17. I love the leaves – I bet this is one delicious pie!

by Jamie | My Baking Addiction on Nov 17, 2011 at 8:32 pm