Vanilla Latte Cookies

Vanilla Latte Cookies - 5

Now that Halloween is over (and we’re halfway through the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies!), are you already planning for Thanksgiving? I know some who are already knee-deep in planning, and others who haven’t even thought about it yet. I’m somewhere in between; since it’s my turn to host again this year, I’ve been trying to put together a menu at least so that I can let people know what else to bring. So far it’s slow-going, although I do have a few ideas in mind. My mother-in-law’s cracked wheat rolls for one thing, those are a given! I’ve also been thinking about taking care of dessert this year – since I normally take care of the turkey, stuffing, gravy, and a side or two, I usually leave dessert to someone else. However, I’ve been thinking about running a pie week here on Sugarcrafter the week before Thanksgiving, with a different pie Monday-Friday. I’d like to know your thoughts and whether this is something you may be interested in, so please leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail to let me know! In the meantime, I hope you enjoy these soft vanilla cookies with a hint of espresso. They are perfect by themselves or dipped into your after-dinner coffee!

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth. Reduce the mixer speed and beat in the powdered sugar, espresso, vanilla, vanilla bean, and cinnamon.

Vanilla Latte Cookies - 1

Add in the flour, beating until combined.

Vanilla Latte Cookies - 2

Roll the dough into 1″ balls. Place them 2″ apart on the baking sheet and press to flatten slightly.

Vanilla Latte Cookies - 3

Bake about 12 minutes or until the edges are set. Transfer to a wire rack to let cool.

Vanilla Latte Cookies - 4

Store at room temperature for up to 3 days in an airtight storage container, or freeze for up to 3 months. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Posted by on November 3, 2011.

1. Caroline – I’d probably make a vanilla-rum frosting. Hope that helps! 🙂

by Tracy on Nov 18, 2011 at 12:22 pm

2. What about if you are trying to make these at high altitude? Should the temperature be higher or should I add more flour or butter to the recipe?

by Laura on Nov 21, 2011 at 9:00 pm

3. These cookies came out awesome! I am so excited to bring these to offer my future family for Thanksgiving tomorrow! Thank you for sharing this.

by Cassandra on Nov 23, 2011 at 6:51 pm

4. Mine tasted so bland and were super dry 🙁 I followed the recipe exactly

by Maddie on Nov 23, 2011 at 11:41 pm

5. trying again-I added a little milk. Hope it makes them a little more moist

by Maddie on Nov 24, 2011 at 12:25 am

6. nope, still awful. I cant figure out what’s wrong………..

by Maddie on Nov 24, 2011 at 1:04 am

7. Maddie – I’m very sorry to hear that! I might try adding in a little brown sugar (maybe 1/4 cup) along with the powdered sugar if the cookies were too bland for you. Hope that helps!

by Tracy on Nov 24, 2011 at 10:02 am

8. Oh these look amazing – I’m going to have to make them for the holidays – my staff will love them!

by Matt Jackson on Nov 24, 2011 at 6:30 pm

9. I made these the other day, and they were delicious! I thought it was strange at first no eggs were used and two cups of flour were, but they turned out great. Perfect match with a cup of coffee in the morning!

by Liz J on Nov 28, 2011 at 3:20 pm

10. These cookies didn’t turn out right at all :/
    I don’t know if they are missing a specific ingredient whether it be baking soda or eggs or milk or something but they did not expand, they were crumbly, dry and just fell apart. They did not have a cookie texture. I can’t figure out what it is that was missing though.

by Kristen on Dec 11, 2011 at 2:18 am

11. Ok I’m officially in love with these cookies, what a great recipe! Yum!!

by Kelly on Dec 13, 2011 at 11:20 am

12. The first batch I made were terrible – flat hard and dry… then I realized by comparing with other recipes that the LEAVENING was missing. I added baking soda & cream of tartar (baking powder) to the next batch and they came out perfectly! Thank you for the recipe. It’s basically my mother-in-law’s snickerdoodle recipe with the expresso & vanilla.

by Roger on Mar 1, 2012 at 5:23 pm

13. Roger – I did not use baking soda or baking powder in my cookies – but I am happy that worked for you!

by Tracy on Mar 1, 2012 at 5:31 pm

14. No luck with these 🙁 I followed the recipe exactly and they came out hard and bitter and didn’t spread even a little. Really disappointed. It is the espresso powder right? Not just a tablespoon of already-made espresso?

by Caitlyn on Jul 31, 2012 at 8:24 pm

15. Caitlyn – I’m sorry to hear that! Yes the espresso powder is what you want to use. They should spread out a little bit, but not a whole lot – they are similar in texture to a butter cookie.

by Tracy on Jul 31, 2012 at 8:45 pm