Biscoff Fudge

Biscoff Fudge - 6

A week ago, Erin of The Spiffy Cookie asked me if I’d like to participate in the bake sale that she hosted last weekend. It benefited her friend’s twin brother who had his leg amputated after a motorcycle accident and needs a prosthetic leg, but doesn’t have the insurance to cover it (and, in case you missed the bake sale and would still like to donate, please see Erin’s postΒ hereΒ for more details on how to do so). Of course I said yes, and I immediately started thinking about what I could contribute. I settled on Biscoff blossoms as well as a jar of Biscoff spread, since I know that many people are having a hard time finding stores that carry the spread in their area. However, what I didn’t realize is that apparently Hershey’s decided to start processing all of their Hershey’s kisses in facilities with peanuts/nuts this year, meaning I won’t be able to eat or bake with them anymore. So, no longer able to make the cookies I planned on making, I decided to make Biscoff fudge instead. It’s a simple fudge recipe that doesn’t require a candy thermometer…and, since I may or may not have tried a few scraps when I was cutting out pieces to send to the winner of my bake sale package, I can tell you that the fudge is smooth and silky, just the way I like it. Since this fudge will definitely be making an appearance on my cookie trays this year, I am also including it for week 2 of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies!

Biscoff Fudge - 1

Line an 8×8″ baking dish with foil, letting it hang over the edges. Spray the foil with cooking spray. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the butter and Biscoff spread in increments until completely melted.

Biscoff Fudge - 2

Stir in the salt and vanilla extract, and then gradually stir in the powdered sugar. Make sure to sift the powdered sugar beforehand, or you may end up with lumps in the fudge. (It’ll still taste fine, but a smoother fudge is nicer.) Pour the mixture into the baking dish and smooth out the top. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the fudge and chill until firm.

Biscoff Fudge - 3

Makes about 1 pound of fudge. Cut into 1″ pieces and eatΒ or freeze within a week.

Biscoff Fudge - 4

Biscoff Fudge - 5

Posted by on October 6, 2011.

1. Ooh looks delicious, Tracy!

by Tracy on Oct 6, 2011 at 12:18 pm

2. I finally found Biscoff cookies and spread in Denver. I was curious and somewhat elated to satiate that curiosity.

Now I’m not so sure. I’ve spent my life making sure that I did not succumb to the addictive personality I saw in my mother. I drink moderately but have never had a problem with drugs or cigarettes so I’ve always felt some confidence that I avoided the curse.

I was wrong. I bought two packs of cookies and one jar of spread. I ate them all in 3 days and I mean ALL. Now I have a coupon from their website for the spread and all I can think to say is…HELP!

by Barbara | Creative Culinary on Oct 6, 2011 at 12:24 pm

3. Thank you so much for donating these! I bet the winner is super excited about them. And also thanks for letting people know they can still contribute. I added the link to this post on my bake sale post :-).

by Erin on Oct 6, 2011 at 12:35 pm

4. Why have I not seen this recipe before? Oh my, I love Biscoff!

by Aimee @ ShugarySweets on Oct 6, 2011 at 3:12 pm

5. LOVE biscoff!! But boo about the kisses πŸ™ not cool Hershey not cool.

by stephchows on Oct 6, 2011 at 4:45 pm

6. I feel dumb but I’ve never heard of biscoff before. What is it? It looks like peanut butter but know it’s not. Your fudge looks delicious even though I don’t know what biscoff is πŸ™‚

by Renee @kudoskitchen on Oct 6, 2011 at 5:20 pm

7. I have to admit that I had to google biscoff spread before I commented. It sounds amazing and like such a great alternative to nut butters. I am really sad to hear about the hershey kisses. That stinks for people with allergies.

by Kristen on Oct 6, 2011 at 6:12 pm

8. I really, really need to buy Biscoff spread – truth is, I’m nervous I’ll eat the whole thing at once! This fudge sounds amazing.

by Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) on Oct 6, 2011 at 8:09 pm

9. I need these in my life immediately! I just need to find a store near me that carries the spread.

by Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen on Oct 6, 2011 at 8:45 pm

10. My mouth is watering!

by laurie on Oct 6, 2011 at 9:43 pm

11. Renee – It’s a spread made out of Biscoff cookies, and it’s delicious! πŸ™‚

by Tracy on Oct 6, 2011 at 9:48 pm

12. I fully expect you to come out with your own Biscoff cookbook soon. Well, maybe Biscoff and pumpkin. πŸ™‚

by Casey@Good. Food. Stories. on Oct 6, 2011 at 10:17 pm

13. This sounds so good! Definitely on my to-make list.

by Emily on Oct 6, 2011 at 10:57 pm

14. As the winner of this fudge from the bake sale I can attest to how good it is!! Oh my! Thank you very much, Tracy! It is fabulous not to mention so generous of you to donate it to the sale!

by Jessica on Oct 7, 2011 at 12:22 am

15. Mmm so delicious! I really need to try this Biscoff stuff.

by Katrina on Oct 7, 2011 at 6:21 am

16. Jessica – I’m so glad you are enjoying the fudge!! πŸ™‚

by Tracy on Oct 7, 2011 at 11:18 am

17. Hi. I just discovered your blog today, and… yum! Plus I’m newly to NYS, got married in 2005 and have a significant number of domestic passions as well, so…it’s nice to meet you. πŸ™‚ I’ll have to look into Biscoff spread.

by Marilyn on Oct 7, 2011 at 12:02 pm

18. So sorry about the Hershey’s fiasco! But at least the absence of Hershey’s kisses didn’t prevent you from making something absolutely delicious.

by Jenna on Oct 7, 2011 at 12:02 pm

19. I keep meaning to look for the Biscoff spread when I’m shopping, but still haven’t remembered. I’ve heard such good things I hope I can find it! Your fudge looks great πŸ™‚

by Tracey on Oct 7, 2011 at 6:31 pm

20. I’m in love with Biscoff spread! (and yes, it’s hard to find!) I’m very disappointed to hear abt Hershey’s! My son and I are both allergic to peanuts πŸ™

by Kim of Mo'Betta on Oct 7, 2011 at 7:07 pm

21. Oh my gosh, I just bought my first jar of Biscoff last week and am already nearly finished with it. That stuff is so good!

by Erika - The Teenage Taste on Oct 7, 2011 at 9:16 pm

22. Yum yum yum! I’m about to move away from a city that has a plentiful supply of biscoff spread (at the store next door to us, in fact). I am going to need to stock up before we leave!

by Erin on Oct 8, 2011 at 2:30 pm

23. Biscoff Fudge? I think I just died. Oh my goodness – all this Biscoff goodness is going to force me into bringing another jar of this evil spread into my house.

by Jamie | My Baking Addiction on Oct 9, 2011 at 7:10 pm

24. Oh my gosh… I am all about this tasty fudge! Yum yum yum! Great recipe!

by Kristen on Oct 10, 2011 at 12:25 pm

25. I’m still intrigued by the whole Biscoff concept… The fudge sounds really tasty!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Oct 10, 2011 at 10:12 pm

26. OMG. Biscoff amped to the nth degree!
    1″ squares are WAAAY too big because the fudge is so rich and sweet. I cut into 1/2″ squares to give away and into 1/4″ squares for, ahem, personal nibbling.
    I might increase the salt just a smidge because the couple of bites I had which had a good salt hit were the kind to make your eyes roll back in your head.
    Do you think I can cut back the butter by 1-2 tablespoons? Maybe make the texture a bit more sandy (and somewhat similar to the Mexican condensed milk candy)? Afraid to experiment too much with a product which costs $5 here….
    And, yes, definitely going in the holiday boxes!
    Thanks for a great Biscoff recipe. And keep ’em coming!!

by charm on Oct 11, 2011 at 9:47 am

27. Charm – I think you can cut back the butter by 1-2 Tbsp. Good luck!

by Tracy on Oct 11, 2011 at 12:29 pm

28. Hello. Can you tell me where you heard about Hershey’s Kisses? Thank you *so* much.

by Stephane in Alaska on Oct 14, 2011 at 12:50 pm

29. Stephane – The new packaging has the allergen warning on the back now…very frustrating and disappointing. Hope that helps!

by Tracy on Oct 14, 2011 at 12:52 pm

30. Yuuuuuum!
    I’ve been hearing about this spread sooo much, I need to try it already!

by Rachel @ Bakerita on Oct 24, 2011 at 10:38 pm

31. FYI…Trader Joe’s is now carrying “cookie spread” which I suspect is similar to Biscoff. I’ve looked nut not been able to find the real locally other than on line so I just bought a jar to try your recipe. Looks delicious!

by Kirsten on Dec 1, 2011 at 12:49 am

32. I have actually never tried Biscoff spread before! After seeing your lovely post, I am going to search for it.
    They look yummy!!!