Maple Pumpkin Fudge

Pumpkin Maple Fudge - 5

Now that fall is officially here, at least weather-wise, I’m excited to get right to one of my favorite fall activities – baking with pumpkin. To me, there’s nothing better than a lazy autumn Sunday full of football, something bubbling away in the crockpot, and a few hours to bake up some delicious pumpkin treats. In fact, these particular treats don’t even require baking at all – I decided that I this week, I needed to tackle another item on my list of “kitchen projects,” and this time it was fudge. Fudge used to be one of those things that eluded me – I thought it was supposed to be easy to make, but the two different recipes I followed in the past resulted in fudge so hard it was inedible. This time however, I did some research to see what gets fudge to set a little more on the soft side (answer: marshmallows!) and in no time at all I had thrown together this recipe for maple pumpkin fudge. It’s easy to make and it came out perfectly soft, just the way I like it. I hope you enjoy it, too!

Line a 12×8″ baking dish with foil, letting it hang over the edges. In a large sauce pan, whisk together the sugars, butter, evaporated milk, pumpkin, and spices.

Pumpkin Maple Fudge - 1

Bring to a foil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling for 10-12 minutes or until the candy thermometer registers 235 degrees Fahrenheit – soft ball stage (soft ball stage occurs when you drop some of the mixture into a bowl of cold water, and it forms a “soft ball” when it cools and is removed from the water).

Pumpkin Maple Fudge - 3

Stir in the white chocolate chips first, and then the marshmallows or marshmallow crème and maple syrup.

Pumpkin Maple Fudge - 2

Stir until melted, and then immediately pour into the prepared pan.

Pumpkin Maple Fudge - 4

Let cool on a wire rack for 2 hours or until completely cooled. To cut, lift the foil from the ends of the dish. Cut the fudge into 1″ squares. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.

Posted by on September 19, 2011.

Tags: , ,

1. Oh my goodness… I have a love of all things fudge (yet another reason why my waistline is the size it is…). This looks AMAZING! I’ve had maple walnut fudge, but never with pumpkin. Divine!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Sep 19, 2011 at 11:36 am

2. This looks so delicious. Pumpkin fudge has been on my cooking “bucket list” for awhile now…hopefully it will actually happen this fall!

by Maggie @ A Bitchin' Kitchen on Sep 19, 2011 at 12:02 pm

3. I had a total fudge disaster last year when I tried to make pumpkin fudge – I didn’t use a candy thermometer and it ended up totally grainy and awful. I really want to try again this year!

by d.liff @ yelleBELLYboo on Sep 19, 2011 at 12:14 pm

4. This sounds AMAZING!! Perfect :) I want the whole plate.

by Cookbook Queen on Sep 19, 2011 at 12:21 pm

5. I don’t usually like fudge. I’m willing to give this a try though!!

by Melissa on Sep 19, 2011 at 12:23 pm

6. Want want want. One of my favorite take-home items from Walt Disney World every time we go is a box of their fudge. My favorites are Birthday cake (with real cake, marshmallows, and sprinkles mixed in) and their pumpkin fudge. I bet this is remarkably similar. I’m going to have to make this immediately.

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Sep 19, 2011 at 12:23 pm

7. Wow, what a great fall recipe. I am in love with fudge, and with the maple pumpkin combo this is keeper. This gives me an excuse to use the candy thermometer that my mom gave me!!

by Sharon on Sep 19, 2011 at 12:31 pm

8. Yum! Looks delicious! I love fall!

by Lindsay @Eat, Knit, Grow on Sep 19, 2011 at 12:32 pm

9. Wow, doesn’t this look good!! I love maple, so I think I may have to add this to my mile long “recipes to try” list! =)

by Glory/ Glorious Treats on Sep 19, 2011 at 12:51 pm

10. Up to now I have objected on moral grounds to all recipes requiring a candy thermometer as it seems so sciencey and I am not a sciencey kind of girl. This, however, breaks that rule. I’m off to Target to buy one now and am whipping this up immediately to send to my sis who is having a bad week and loves pumpkin.

Thanks for this!

by Michelle on Sep 19, 2011 at 1:52 pm

11. So lucky to have a candy thermometer in my drawers!
    I love fudge, caramel mou,… but never tried making one on my own.
    This one is on my todo list.

by Ckay on Sep 19, 2011 at 2:00 pm

12. do you deliver?! I need some of this!

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Sep 19, 2011 at 2:01 pm

13. used to work for a gourmet chocolatier (graham’s fine chocolates and ice cream of geneva and wheaton, il) and this was one of the anticipated items each fall. we used to eat it with graham crackers and whipped cream. thanks for providing me with the ability to make it myself, as i live 900 miles away from that place now.

by jenn on Sep 19, 2011 at 2:56 pm

14. I must try this. So what if I am the only pumpking lover…more for me then, right?

by CJ on Sep 19, 2011 at 6:47 pm

15. What Yankee Candle scent do you have sitting there? I can’t quite read it.

by CJ on Sep 19, 2011 at 6:49 pm

16. Please send me some!

by Christina @ This Woman Cooks! on Sep 19, 2011 at 6:57 pm

17. CJ – It’s one of the new ones for this year – pumpkin buttercream! I’m in love with it. :-)

by Tracy on Sep 19, 2011 at 7:02 pm

18. Wow!! Delicious for fall. Can’t wait to enjoy this one.

by SnoWhite @ Finding Joy in My Kitchen on Sep 19, 2011 at 7:46 pm

19. This looks delicious! I have never made fudge but this doesn’t look too hard.

by Sarah on Sep 19, 2011 at 8:09 pm

20. This sounds absolutely delightful!

by Katrina on Sep 19, 2011 at 8:21 pm

21. This would be a fun Thanksgiving petit four to bring to the table instead of the same old pie (yes, I’m thinking ahead) – or even to chill it in little pumpkin silicone molds? ADORABLE!

by Casey@Good. Food. Stories. on Sep 19, 2011 at 8:28 pm

22. Looks fantastic :)

by Diane {Created by Diane} on Sep 20, 2011 at 2:40 am

23. Fudge–yet another dessert item I’ve never tried to make. Yours looks mighty tempting, I can tell you that!

by Jenna on Sep 20, 2011 at 11:52 am

24. I CANT wait to try this

by Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. on Sep 20, 2011 at 7:12 pm

25. I love anything that has to do with fudge but I haven’t tried pumpkin yet!

by Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen on Sep 20, 2011 at 10:52 pm

26. I almost ALWAYS use marshmallow creme when making fudge – it makes it so soft! This sounds wonderful… I can’t get enough pumpkin, spice, or maple this time of year!

by Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) on Sep 22, 2011 at 5:38 am

27. I’m not a fudge fan – but this fudge sounds like my kind!! Love pumpkin :D

by Courtney on Sep 22, 2011 at 10:28 pm

28. I love pumpkin and I love fudge! I can’t believe I never attempted putting them together! You’re a genius. Can’t wait to try your recipe this week. :)

by Fuji Mama on Sep 25, 2011 at 5:38 pm

29. Hmmm, might have to buy more marshmallow creme before tackling this. Mine is so old its moldable like play-doh. I’ve been leery of the recipes that use it for pumpkin fudge though….but if you say its ok I’ll give it a try.

My issue is always the Indian Summer days that are humid….I never think and try to make fudge and end up with gunky fudge on accident.

Going to have to keep myself away from the pumpkin buttercream candle. I already promised myself some Bath and Body Works pumpkin hand bac.

by Angela Watts on Sep 27, 2011 at 9:31 pm

30. Sounds Delicious…I am a Big White Chocolate & Pumpkin Fan….i think Ill try this recipe But substitute Lyles Golden Syrup for the maple. Lyles has a Butterscotch Flavor

by Maggie on Sep 28, 2011 at 10:55 am

31. WOW! I like it! I’ll try, thank you!! :D

by Marina on Oct 21, 2011 at 12:24 pm

32. YUM! Thank you! I went looking for a recipe today and this was perfect! I can’t wait to melt the little leftover crumbs over some cinnamon rolls! Mmmm! Frosting!

by Elizabeth on Sep 11, 2012 at 6:09 pm

33. I just made this recipe and can’t wait to share it with everyone at our Lil’ Punkin Baby shower on November 4th! This creamy smooth fudge will be a tasty seasonal favorite!
    My husband and I shared the remnants in the pan and can’t wait for it to set up so that we can taste a nice bite-sized piece!
    Thanks for sharing this recipe!!

by Tamara on Oct 23, 2012 at 8:36 pm

34. I made this fudge this fall and it was delicious. However, the maple flavor was close to non-existant, just a bare hint, really. I used Grade A Dark Amber maple syrup when I made it, if you want a more pronounced maple flavor I suggest that you use Grade B maple syrup(if you can find it) or add some maple flavoring along with the syrup.
    I also think you may substitute molasses for the maple syrup for a more pumpkin pie like flavor.

by Cliff Carter on Dec 20, 2012 at 6:01 am