Blueberry and Honey Pancakes

Blueberry Pancakes - 4

I love that the arrival of June means the arrival of fresh berries here in upstate NY. Strawberries are usually the first to come with blueberries not far behind, and I can hardly wait to start throwing berries into whatever I’m cooking, whether it be sweet treats, savory dishes, or something simple for breakfast like these pancakes. These are perfect for 4th of July weekend too; just throw in a few strawberries along with the blueberries to make these pancakes a little more “patriotic.” I’m really looking forward to relaxing with the hubby this weekend, and of course watching fireworks…what are your plans for the holiday weekend?

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.

Blueberry Pancakes - 1

Beat in the milk, eggs, and honey, and then fold in the blueberries.

Blueberry Pancakes - 2

Drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls on a hot, buttered griddle. Cook for a couple minutes before flipping to cook the other side. Repeat with the remainder of the batter. Serve with maple syrup.

Blueberry Pancakes - 3

Posted by on June 29, 2011.

Tags:

Categories: breakfast & brunch

1. Mmmmm these pancakes look SO good, Tracy!

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Jun 29, 2011 at 12:08 pm

2. These look great, Tracy! Love the addition of honey!

by Liz @ BLog is the New Black on Jun 29, 2011 at 12:12 pm

3. Gorgeous pancakes, Tracy!

by Amanda on Jun 29, 2011 at 1:34 pm

4. We had pancakes this morning. I love them and I can’t wait to make these!

by Maria on Jun 29, 2011 at 1:45 pm

5. I love the idea of putting honey in pancakes. May have to try this the next time I make them.

by Kenni on Jun 29, 2011 at 1:52 pm

6. Fresh blueberries are my favorite – can’t get enough of them. This is the perfect dish for a summer morning.

by Cookin' Canuck on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:05 pm

7. These are such a yummy breakfast idea. I also love when blueberries and others come into season! So yummy!

by Katrina on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:28 pm

8. Perfect for breakfast or dinner in my opinion

by jennifurla on Jun 29, 2011 at 4:40 pm

9. I don’t think I’ve ever tried honey AND blueberries – love the combo idea! Just wish we had blueberries available in Australia at the moment!!

by jess @ Multicultural Melbourne on Jun 29, 2011 at 6:44 pm

10. I can eat pancakes for breakfast lunch or dinner and these look delicious. The blueberries have been really good so far this season

by Maris (In Good Taste) on Jun 29, 2011 at 6:47 pm

11. These look like the perfect start to any morning!

by Jamie | My Baking Addiction on Jun 29, 2011 at 7:25 pm

12. We’re having a bumper crop of blueberries here. I just bought 3 pints. So many great options–and I love pancakes so these will go to the top of the list.

by Nancy @SensitivePantry on Jun 29, 2011 at 7:50 pm

13. Pancakes sounds like the perfect thing to have over the long weekend!

by Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen on Jun 30, 2011 at 4:31 am

14. I was actually really looking forward to making a “slow” breakfast like this for the weekend, since we have an extra day to hang around. These look great!

by Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) on Jun 30, 2011 at 7:21 am

15. I couldn’t agree more. I was thinking blueberries waffles for breakfast this weekend. What do you think? This recipe looks so good. Great pictures. Come over and visit us today. We have a wonderful chilled soup recipe and leave a comment. The Fairy Hobmother might grant you a wish!

by carolinaheartstrings on Jun 30, 2011 at 10:52 am

16. Love these!! I bet they’d be fabulous topped with a bit of sweetened ricotta cheese, too. I’m obsessed with ricotta lately. 🙂

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Jun 30, 2011 at 1:50 pm

17. YUM! These look delicious!! I need to try these. I love blueberries!

xoxo-
    Jamielyn
    I ♥ Nap Time

by Jamielyn@iheartnaptime on Jul 5, 2011 at 1:39 am

18. HOW MUCH SUGAR??

by Shauna on Aug 6, 2011 at 9:52 am

19. When do you add the honey??

by Shauna on Aug 6, 2011 at 9:55 am

20. I used 1/3 cup sugar (guessed), half half instead of milk, and didn’t add blueberries. That was a late decision but the batter turned out too good to add blueberries!

by Shauna on Aug 6, 2011 at 10:11 am

21. Shauna – It was just a typo; there’s no sugar. I’ve updated the recipe accordingly.

by Tracy on Aug 6, 2011 at 10:34 am