No-Bake SunButter Cream Pie

SunButter Cream Pie - 5

Summer makes me lazy. That pile of dishes from dinner? Eh, I’ll get to it tomorrow. The hamper full of laundry? It’ll get done…eventually. Likewise, things that take 15 steps in the kitchen that I’m normally willing to conquer head-first just seem too much work for me right now, when I’d much rather sit on the couch and eat ice cream. In fact, my laziness has driven me to create a few desserts that don’t require much effort at all, and one of them is this creamy SunButter pie. I’ve been eager to try the new no-stir SunButter variety ever since it came out, but the response to my letter to Wegmans asking them to carry it was no. You can however purchase it from Amazon in 3 packs, which is what I did, and it goes just perfectly in this pie. Of course, you can always substitute peanut butter or almond butter if you don’t have allergies!

For the crust:

For the filling:

To make the crust, combine the crushed graham crackers with the melted butter. Press into a 9″ pie pan and place in the freezer for about 10 minutes.

SunButter Cream Pie - 1

To make the filling, first beat the whipping cream in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Add in the powdered sugar.

SunButter Cream Pie - 2

Beat in the SunButter until well-combined.

SunButter Cream Pie - 3

Pour the filling into the crust and smooth with a rubber spatula.

ISunButter Cream Pie - 4

Chill 2-3 hours or until set before serving.

SunButter Cream Pie - 6

Posted by on June 27, 2011.

1. this is brilliant Tracy!

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Jun 27, 2011 at 11:11 am

2. This looks so simple and so delicious. Exactly how I like my summer desserts!

by Jamie | My Baking Addiction on Jun 27, 2011 at 11:15 am

3. All I have to say is YUM. Nutella, Peanut Butter, Sun Butter – it would all be delicious.

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Jun 27, 2011 at 11:16 am

4. Yum! I like the not having to turn the oven on deliciousness of it.

by Lindsay @Eat, Knit, Grow on Jun 27, 2011 at 11:17 am

5. No bake desserts are perfect for summer! Love this pie!

by Maria on Jun 27, 2011 at 11:33 am

6. Yum!! Love this pie… I am a fan of no-bake in the summer! I’m thinking this would be fabulous with some Nutella, too 🙂 And caramel!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Jun 27, 2011 at 11:33 am

7. This looks so creamy dreamy! And so easy. Love!

by JenniferA on Jun 27, 2011 at 11:37 am

8. I’ve yet to try Sunbutter… but this would be perfect for my neice who has a peanut allergy!

by Liz @ BLog is the New Black on Jun 27, 2011 at 11:45 am

9. Love the fact that it is no bake and looks so good!

by Maris (In Good Taste) on Jun 27, 2011 at 1:16 pm

10. Wow, what a cool recipe for the summer! I’ve not tasted sunbutter yet!

by Lori @ RecipeGirl on Jun 27, 2011 at 1:35 pm

11. oh MY does that look decadent!! YUM!

by stephchows on Jun 27, 2011 at 2:45 pm

12. Sunbutter is so tasty! Love this.

by Katrina on Jun 27, 2011 at 3:02 pm

13. Can you believe I’ve never heard of SunButter until today? (of course, my husband has whatever the opposite of a peanut allergy is – he eats jars of Jif like they’re going out of style).

by Casey@Good. Food. Stories. on Jun 27, 2011 at 3:27 pm

14. So pretty and looks delish too! perfect for a hot day!
    Aimee

by Aimee on Jun 27, 2011 at 4:20 pm

15. I am so with you on summer laziness! Especially when it comes to the kitchen; all I want to do is enjoy the nice weather and whip up anything that’s quick. This is a great recipe for those hot days!

by Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker on Jun 27, 2011 at 4:44 pm

16. Wow! I am so impresed with this!! I wouldn’t have even thought to try a no bake pie… I love it! Definately planning to try it with peanut butter and a bit of shaved chocolate on top 🙂

by jess @ Multicultural Melbourne on Jun 27, 2011 at 6:05 pm

17. Oh my gosh – I’m new to sunbutter and can only imagine how delicious this would be!

by Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) on Jun 27, 2011 at 7:25 pm

18. Love.

by Christina @ This Woman Cooks! on Jun 27, 2011 at 7:54 pm

19. What a fantastic treat and peanut-free!

by Shaina on Jun 28, 2011 at 12:54 am

20. Okay, now I rally have to try Sunbutter!

by Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen on Jun 28, 2011 at 6:56 am

21. I keep hearing about sun butter, now I must give it a try! Looks fabulous!

by Jenny Flake on Jun 28, 2011 at 9:31 am

22. It looks so creamy and delicious! I’ve never heard of sun butter. I’ll have to check and see if my grocery carries it.

by Jenna on Jun 28, 2011 at 9:45 am

23. I have wanted to try sunbutter … this is a perfect reason to do it now.

by Brenda @ SweetSimpleStuff on Jun 28, 2011 at 9:57 am

24. do you have any ideas for subbing the crust with something else to make it low carb? Thanks!

by Shelley on Jun 28, 2011 at 11:21 am

25. I love this! I also just bought a new jar of SunButter. Since my son and I are allergic to peanuts, this would be a great treat…I’m feeling the need for some chocolate on top 🙂 Can’t wait to give it a try!

by Kim of Mo'Betta on Jun 28, 2011 at 2:24 pm

26. Shelley – I’d suggest spooning the filling into a glass, and serving it like a mousse. You could also layer it with chocolate and/or whipped cream. Good luck!

by Tracy on Jun 28, 2011 at 6:23 pm

27. This looks amazing — I’ve just added it to my holiday weekend menu! Thanks!

by Melissa M. on Jun 28, 2011 at 6:44 pm

28. Oh my friends would love this, and so easy!

by jennifurla on Jun 28, 2011 at 8:49 pm

29. Hi, Tracy ~
    Yet another winner from your kitchen. And this one does not require oven heat. Perfect! I’m making it this evening for a houseful of hungry pre-teen soccer players. I may “decorate” with raspberries. Thanks for the continued inspiration.

by Elizabeth, blogger for SunButter on Jun 29, 2011 at 8:37 am

30. I am doing everything possible not to turn on the oven right now, so this pie is definitely calling my name.

by Cookin' Canuck on Jun 29, 2011 at 6:27 pm

31. I am a huge fan of sunflower butter. I can’t wait to try this recipe. thank you!!

by becky on Oct 3, 2011 at 11:43 am