Raspberry and Banana Sushi and Peko Peko Cookbook

Raspberry and Banana Sushi - 73
I’m thrilled to help spread the news that Peko Peko: Family-Friendly Japanese Recipes is now available for purchase from Blurb.

Raspberry and Banana Sushi - Book

I remember when I first heard the news of the tsunami in Japan…how I watched the footage of lives and homes being consumed by utter devastation, feeling helpless and heartbroken. How I smiled for a moment as I watched a woman return to her demolished home, giggling to find that her cat had somehow survived and was waiting for her. And how my heart sunk as I watched those who returned to what was left of their homes with nothing to salvage and without knowing that all of their loved ones were safe. Now, even though the media has turned away, the recovery efforts continue, as they will for years.

Not too long after the tsunami struck, I recieved an e-mail from Rachael of La Fuji Mama, who invited me to be a part of this project to put together a charity cookbook for Japan. Of course, I couldn’t possibly say no!

Raspberry and Banana Sushi - 42

Now, after many weeks of hard work from curators Rachael, Stacie, and Marc, the book is complete. It includes 59 recipes from different food bloggers, who each share a little of their personal connection with Japan. The book is available for $29.95 via Blurb, and $11.45 of every sale – 100% of the profits – will go to the GlobalGiving Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund. The rest of the money covers only the cost of printing; no one, including Blurb, is taking any part of the profits.

Also, though my recipe in the book doesn’t have a photo accompanying it due to space considerations, I wanted to include some photos here on my blog to hopefully entice you to buy a copy of your own! It was such a privilege to be part of this project, and I hope you will consider donating to the cause as well!

Posted by on June 23, 2011.

Tags: , ,

1. Your picture is so beautiful that I am sorry it didn’t make the book but at least we have the benefit of these delicious recipe forever!

by Maris (In Good Taste) on Jun 23, 2011 at 5:11 am

2. This is so cool! I’ve never seen fruit sushi before but it looks delicious.

by Victoria (District Chocoholic) on Jun 23, 2011 at 8:27 am

3. beautiful pictures, Tracy! The sushi looks delicious. What a great opportunity to be involved with the cookbook. Is the sushi wrapped with Nori or something else?

by G. on Jun 23, 2011 at 10:36 am

4. What a great project for a great cause. The media is indeed fickle and has such a short attention span, so I’m glad there are people out there who are solidly dedicated to seeing the recovery to its end. And your recipe looks delicious!

by Jenna on Jun 23, 2011 at 11:02 am

5. I already have my copy & I was so happy to find you & so many other familiar blogger names. Great project for a great cause!

by JenniferA on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:09 pm

6. Looks like a lovely recipe… And, for a great cause!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Jun 23, 2011 at 2:42 pm

7. This is such a great cause and the cookbook looks fantastic! Great looking “sushi” too!

by Katrina on Jun 23, 2011 at 2:58 pm

8. What a beautiful book, and for a wonderful cause. I’m sorry to hear that your pics aren’t in the book, but your recipe looks heavenly. I will try to purchase a copy. Thank you!!

by teri@thefreshmancook on Jun 24, 2011 at 2:21 am

9. Great book for a great cause! Love the sushi!

by Maria on Jun 24, 2011 at 10:29 am

10. Awesome! Look at those adorable sushi!! Love the book!

by Jenny Flake on Jun 24, 2011 at 10:44 am

11. What a brilliant idea to raise money! The pictures are gorgeous :)

by jess @ Multicultural Melbourne on Jun 24, 2011 at 7:44 pm

12. Well done Tracy! What a great cause. Japan gets funds and we get great recipes – it’s a win-win!

by Karenpie on Jun 24, 2011 at 8:19 pm

13. That is a beautiful picture. I don’t think I could make anything so pretty! great cause too :)
    Aimee

by Aimee on Jun 24, 2011 at 9:20 pm

14. I’m so glad to be involved in this project with you, Tracy. What a fun recipe!

by Cookin' Canuck on Jun 25, 2011 at 7:34 pm

15. What a creative recipe! Can’t wait to get a copy of the book!

by Lori @ RecipeGirl on Jun 26, 2011 at 9:38 am

16. What a wonderful picture. I bet it tastes as good as it looks.

by carolinaheartstrings on Jun 27, 2011 at 11:16 am