Grilled Peaches

Grilled Peaches - 6

Now that grilling season is officially here, I’m excited to make all of my favorite outdoor meals. Ever since a couple years ago, my favorite thing to make on the grill has always been pizza, although my BBQ chicken and pineapple quesadillas come in at a close second. I really wanted to try a dessert on the grill this time though, and after seeing peaches in the grocery store, I couldn’t get them out of my head. Since hubby is the grill master around here, he helped me cook them while I made this simple syrup to pour over the top once they were ready. You can also top them with a number of different things: toasted almonds, pecans, whipped cream, ice cream…but we enjoyed them with the touch of extra sweetness from just the syrup. Happy grilling!

For the syrup:

For the peaches:

In a small saucepan, heat the brown sugar, rum, and agave over medium-high heat until it begins to boil.

Grilled Peaches - 1

Let cook for 5 minutes or until reduced by about half, and the syrup becomes thick but still pourable. If it gets too thick, just add some water and cook down a little longer until you reach the right consistency.

Grilled Peaches - 2

Heat your grill to medium heat. Brush each of the peach halves with olive oil, and then place them cut side down on the grill.

Grilled Peaches - 3

Cook for 2-3 minutes without moving the peaches.

Grilled Peaches - 4

Drizzle the syrup over the peaches (and add extra toppings if you desire). Enjoy!

Grilled Peaches - 6

Posted by on June 6, 2011.

1. Love it! Such a healthy thing to incorporate into my Fitting-Into-My-Bathing-Suit Diet ;)

by Lori @ RecipeGirl on Jun 6, 2011 at 12:51 pm

2. Such a great treat for summer!

by Maria on Jun 6, 2011 at 12:54 pm

3. What a fantastic looking dessert to go with whatever else you have whipped up on the grill. Great job!

by carolinaheartstrings on Jun 6, 2011 at 1:04 pm

4. I posted about grilled peaches recently too but I burned my simple syrup. Oops! Turns out honey is a lovely substitute, and a little vanilla yogurt on top is nice too and keeps it healthy. :-)

by JenniferA on Jun 6, 2011 at 1:09 pm

5. Yum! I need to try this!!

by Allison @ Novice Life on Jun 6, 2011 at 1:29 pm

6. Mmmm! I love grilled fruit. Is there something you can substitute for the agave nectar? I’m not able to find that at my grocery store :(

by Jessica on Jun 6, 2011 at 1:32 pm

7. These look absolutely amazing, Tracy! Love the simplicity of this dish because it’s one that I can totally handle right now. :)

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Jun 6, 2011 at 1:56 pm

8. Right up my alley!

by Liz @ BLog is the New Black on Jun 6, 2011 at 1:58 pm

9. What a great idea for a healthy dessert!

by Maris (In Good Taste) on Jun 6, 2011 at 2:17 pm

10. Looove this! They sound so good!

by Katrina on Jun 6, 2011 at 2:18 pm

11. Double YUM! I could eat a whole plate of these beauties!

by Jenny Flake on Jun 6, 2011 at 3:01 pm

12. I LOVE grilled peaches, but I always have a hard time making them not stick to the grill. Maybe I need more olive oil!

by d.liff @ yelleBELLYboo on Jun 6, 2011 at 3:25 pm

13. Oh my gosh, these look incredible! I love grilled fruit!

by Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker on Jun 6, 2011 at 3:29 pm

14. Looks fantastic! I love when all the fresh fruit comes in season, and peaches and nectarines are some of my favorites!

by Heather on Jun 6, 2011 at 4:21 pm

15. Ohh I love these! We used to make them with mum alllll the time when were were younger, and often used apricots too! Never tried it with agave nextar though, sounds interesting!

by jess? @ Multicultural Melbourne on Jun 6, 2011 at 5:58 pm

16. I adore grilled peaches! Thank you for your delicious recipe!

by Rachel - A Southern Fairytale on Jun 6, 2011 at 8:19 pm

17. hmmm love peaches too…love grilling season

by Erecipe Nutritional Calculator on Jun 7, 2011 at 5:53 am

18. Love that little hit of rum in the syrup!

by Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen on Jun 7, 2011 at 8:29 am

19. What an awesome side to any grilled dinner. I love something sweet with my meal. Thanks for sharing!
    Aimee

by Aimee on Jun 7, 2011 at 8:52 am

20. I just bought some peaches yesterday and grilled ones may just make the perfect addition to the pork chops we planning grilling as well!

by Evan @swEEts on Jun 7, 2011 at 11:52 am

21. wow, this is a great ideea for a dessert after a barbecue with pork meat

by Ari's simple cake recipes on Jun 7, 2011 at 4:38 pm

22. Delectable!! A friend of mine served pork with grilled peaches for her wedding reception and it was fabulous–so minus the syrup, these would also be good along a piece of meat!

by Jenna on Jun 7, 2011 at 4:50 pm

23. This is such a wonderful idea for an easy summer dessert. Caramelized fruit has such a great flavor and I like your idea of sprinkling it with nuts.

by Cookin' Canuck on Jun 8, 2011 at 5:45 pm

24. Oh how I love peaches! I’ve never grilled them, but it looks like a FANTASTIC idea.

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Jun 13, 2011 at 11:56 am

25. Yummy! I will be making these for Father’s day lunch!

by Krafty Keely on Jun 15, 2011 at 1:51 pm