Strawberry, Banana, and Nutella Panini

Strawberry Banana Nutella Panini - 3

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day! As for hubby and I, we had quite a busy weekend traveling to and from Arizona for a wedding. It was a lot of fun! The wedding was beautiful, and of course the always dry and sunny weather in Arizona was a welcome change from all the rain we’ve had here over the last month. I was a tiny bit disappointed that we never had a chance to grill out though, as that’s our usual tradition over Memorial Day weekend…but we’ll have plenty of time to do that this week. In the meantime, I want to share this simple recipe for my new favorite lunch around here that I totally count as grilling since I used my George Foreman grill to make it. Give it a try this week – and, feel free to substitute in your favorite fruit and make it your own creation!

Makes 2 panini.

Heat your grill or panini press to medium heat. For each sandwich, lightly spray the bottom piece of bread with cooking spray. Spread a tablespoon of the nutella on top of the bread. Add half of the sliced banana.

Strawberry Banana Nutella Panini - 1

Add the sliced strawberries.

Strawberry Banana Nutella Panini - 2

Top with a second piece of bread, and then lightly spray with cooking spray. Grill or press 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.

Strawberry Banana Nutella Panini - 4

Posted by on June 1, 2011.

Tags: , ,

Categories: lunch

1. i love the combination of ingredients you’ve used ! Simple , easy and a quick snack too 😀

by thepickyeater on Jun 1, 2011 at 2:32 am

2. What a delightful lunch! This is such a great idea!

by Maris (In Good Taste) on Jun 1, 2011 at 3:50 am

3. Your nutella kick is awesome! Love this.

by Katrina on Jun 1, 2011 at 4:39 am

4. I used to make pressed sandwiches like this all the time when I was a kid! We would use chocolate or Nutella and pile it on so that it would ooze out when warm… so good!

by Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen on Jun 1, 2011 at 7:36 am

5. So simple but so delicious! Love me some Nutella!

by Blog is the New Black on Jun 1, 2011 at 8:15 am

6. These look so great! I have been using my George Foreman as a panini press lately…it works well!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Jun 1, 2011 at 8:35 am

7. It looks delicious! I will be trying this today!

by Shelbi on Jun 1, 2011 at 9:11 am

8. You are making me want to buy a panini press, when I don’t have enough storage for the appliances I have already! Looks soo good!

by Erin on Jun 1, 2011 at 9:53 am

9. Sounds (and looks) delicious!

by Anna on Jun 1, 2011 at 10:18 am

10. Yay! Another Nutella recipe! I love your many creations with this fine ingredient. =)

by Jenna on Jun 1, 2011 at 10:26 am

11. how have I never thought to do this??? nutella is on the grocery menu! 🙂

by megan @ whatmegansmaking on Jun 1, 2011 at 11:00 am

12. Oh. Wow. Yum. This looks insanely good. I might run out and buy some Nutella right now.

by Sara on Jun 1, 2011 at 11:22 am

13. Yum! I am pretty sure I have all of the ingredients for this in the kitchen… AND, this is something that even I can handle right now. Love it!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Jun 1, 2011 at 12:25 pm

14. OMG delicious! Are you kidding me? I didn’t know you can eat that and call it lunch. I’m totally going to my kitchen to make this. Now. THanks 🙂
    Aimee

by Aimee on Jun 1, 2011 at 12:25 pm

15. Wish my husband would eat bananas because this looks like such a fun way to kick off a brunch! Maybe I could sub out another fruit? 🙂 Either way, I’m with Erin – I own so many kitchen gadgets already and I want so many more!

by Paula at Dishing The Divine on Jun 1, 2011 at 12:47 pm

16. It sounds as though you had a wonderful time in Arizona – glad the wedding weekend went so well. Strawberries and Nutella go so well together and this panini would be a wonderful dessert treat.

by Cookin' Canuck on Jun 1, 2011 at 2:24 pm

17. Oh my. Yes. I used to get these all the time back home in Miami. There was a crepemaker restaurant that used nutella in all their dessert crepes. I have to make my own now!

by Christina on Jun 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm

18. ok, my son is all over this one for an after school snack!

by Lori @ RecipeGirl on Jun 1, 2011 at 3:25 pm

19. Mmm, this seems like it’d be a delicious breakfast or dessert, too!

by Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) on Jun 1, 2011 at 4:54 pm

20. I can almost taste it. I have a feeling I’ll be making a lot of these this Summer!

by Megan on Jun 1, 2011 at 5:37 pm

21. Um, yes please 🙂

by Laura on Jun 1, 2011 at 6:12 pm

22. This looks like the perfect simple dessert or snack. I love all the flavors and the fact that I have everything I need for it in my kitchen right now! 🙂

by Baking Serendipity on Jun 2, 2011 at 4:23 pm

23. Divine! Makes me want to break out my panini press!

by Lucy on Jun 2, 2011 at 6:33 pm

24. This looks delicious! My kind of lunch, healthy and yummy:)

by Raina on Jun 2, 2011 at 8:44 pm

25. Oooh this is the same formula for one of my favorite crepes! I never think to make a sweet panini – I will definitely remember this!

by Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker on Jun 2, 2011 at 10:59 pm