White Bean and Garlic Dip

White Bean and Garlic Dip - 3

This past weekend was my brother in law’s bachelor party weekend as well as my future sister in law’s bridal shower, so hubby and I were more than a little busy. There was lots of traveling, cake baking and decorating, and one of my favorite parts, catching up with hubby’s family. We did get a little rain, but for the most part it was sunny and warm outside, so it was a really great weekend for all of it. When we got back home late last night though, it was like it had suddenly turned into summer…and while I certainly won’t complain about the warmth, it’s pretty humid out there. This kind of weather calls for light food, such as salads, fresh fruits, and snacks like this white bean and garlic dip. Other than the ingredients list, I don’t even really need to include directions – it’s as easy as throwing everything into your food processor. I hope you enjoy this light summer snack!

Combine all the ingredients in your food processor.

White Bean and Garlic Dip - 1

Pulse until smooth. Serve with tortilla chips, pita bread, crackers, or whatever you like dipping with!

White Bean and Garlic Dip - 2

Posted by on May 23, 2011.

Categories: appetizers

1. What a perfect snack! I LOVE beans, prepared about any way :) Looks great Tracy!

by Jenny Flake on May 23, 2011 at 1:18 pm

2. This looks great! I love having a non-cheese based dip to make!

by Lucy @ The Sweet Touch on May 23, 2011 at 1:25 pm

3. I could demolish that bowl with a bag of Stacy’s pita chips!

by Jessica @ How Sweet on May 23, 2011 at 1:44 pm

4. YUM! I love cannellini beans. I use them in a roasted red pepper hummus I make, but I’ve never made them into “just” a white bean dip. This looks delicious! I love how easy it is to make too.

by Colleen Barber on May 23, 2011 at 1:46 pm

5. It sounds as though you had a fun weekend. This dip is a classic that just never gets old. Wonderful flavors!

by Cookin' Canuck on May 23, 2011 at 1:51 pm

6. This looks awesome! I don’t like most beans because of the texture, but once they’re blended up like this, they’re perfect. Can’t wait to try this!

by megan @ whatmegansmaking on May 23, 2011 at 2:59 pm

7. One of my favorite dips!

by Maria on May 23, 2011 at 3:06 pm

8. That looks just fantastic and so versatile. Great for chips, bread or veges. Thanks!

by carolinaheartstrings on May 23, 2011 at 3:43 pm

9. Oh my gosh this looks sooo delicious. I’d eat the whole thing in one sitting!

by Christina @ This Woman Cooks! on May 23, 2011 at 4:12 pm

10. This sounds a lot like hummus minus the tahini. Sounds good!

by Tessa on May 23, 2011 at 6:51 pm

11. i love this dip! it’s a classic and one we enjoy in the hot summer months! yum!

by tiffany (food finery) on May 23, 2011 at 8:41 pm

12. Looks delish! Anything you can dip bread in sounds good to me! Thanks!

by Jen of My Tiny Oven on May 23, 2011 at 10:43 pm

13. SImple and delish, one I can snack on with NO guilt.

by jennifurla on May 23, 2011 at 11:06 pm

14. yum! this italian girl is swooning over the white beans and garlic. i’d love to have that in my house all the time!

by emily @ the happy home on May 23, 2011 at 11:13 pm

15. This dip sounds amazing!

by Katrina on May 23, 2011 at 11:38 pm

16. Love this dip

by Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. on May 24, 2011 at 10:18 am

17. Yes, great snack!! I was just debating over the weekend what I should serve guests who come to our house to hang out but not for a full meal. I’ve been doing crackers and pricey cheese, but that gets expensive–this is a great cheap alternative.
    So I have to say, I love your sweet recipes, but I love your savory recipes even more!

by Jenna on May 24, 2011 at 10:48 am

18. I brought a white bean and garlic dip to my in-laws house for dinner once and they ate it up! I love the combination of the creamy white beans with the garlic and olive oil.

by Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen on May 24, 2011 at 11:59 am

19. Yum. That looks great. Thanks for sharing! I friended you facebook too, is that stalking? Anyways, love all the you do and make!
    -Aimee

by Aimee on May 24, 2011 at 5:45 pm

20. This looks like a super dip. I think I even have all of the ingredients.

by Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen on May 24, 2011 at 6:11 pm

21. Wow! This dip looks fantastic! I love bean-based appetizers and finger food.

by Erin @ EKat's Kitchen on May 25, 2011 at 1:16 am

22. I am busy scribbling down this awesome recipe! Looks like the perfect dip for me

by Maris(In Good Taste) on May 25, 2011 at 6:11 am

23. Years ago I found a similar recipe that includes fresh sage and used to make it often. Thanks for reminding me about this!

by Normie on May 25, 2011 at 4:26 pm

24. I’m with you 100% — as soon as the weather turns humid, all I want is light food. And ice cream. ;)

This dip sounds great — I love beans in any dish – tasty and a good way to grab some extra protein!

by Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) on May 25, 2011 at 8:55 pm

25. oo this sounds wicked delicious!! I love garlic :)

by stephchows on May 26, 2011 at 3:08 pm

26. This was really good, but I think you could get away with adding less olive oil (and decreasing fat/calories). It was a pretty overwhelming olive oil taste in my opinion!

by Sam on May 27, 2011 at 7:01 pm

27. Yum I love white bean dips! Love the addition of red chili flakes for some heat!

by Lindsey@Lindselicious on May 27, 2011 at 9:17 pm

28. I had white bean dip at a hotel luncheon once and it was fantastic. Thanks for the recipe! :)

by JulieD on May 31, 2011 at 7:49 pm

29. Just made this tonight–FANTASTIC!! So easy, so garlicky, so good. Right now all I want to do is make and eat this constantly. Whoohoo!

by Jenna on Jun 1, 2011 at 9:42 pm