Orange Glory

Orange Glory - 3

One of the best things about being friends with another food blogger is finding all the best places to eat! Last week, Steph and I hit up another gem called Orange Glory. It’s essentially a (very!) small sandwich shop that’s only open during the week for lunch…a similar kind of place to where we went on our last outing, which you can read about on Steph’s blog. And also, you’ll see me looking like a dork. But I’m okay with it.

The unique flavors of the sandwiches at this shop had my mouth watering immediately upon stepping in the door. I told Steph that I could have ordered one of everything! However, I managed to settle on the assorted Italian sandwich, which was loaded with spicy salami, ham, and provolone cheese, and then topped with sweet and hot peppers and grilled. A very good decision indeed, and I chose the fruit salad for my side.

Orange Glory - 1

Steph went for the spinach burger, which was also quite drool-worthy, with the cucumber salad for her side.

Orange Glory - 2

Oh, and I totally made the girl at the register do a double take, because when I ordered my sandwich, I had to check and make sure there would be no cross-contamination with peanuts/nuts because of my allergy. Then, before we left, I asked for a peanut butter cookie to take home. She thought I was pulling her leg until I explained that it was for the hubby and not me, haha.

All in all, it was a lovely shop that I will definitely return to…and a wonderful way to spend an afternoon!

Posted by on March 23, 2011.

Tags:

Categories: events

1. Love orange glory! It really is such a hidden gem 🙂 So where we headed next? 😀

by stephchows on Mar 23, 2011 at 4:13 pm

2. Lucky you, I need a fellow foodie to run the town with,.

by jennifurla on Mar 23, 2011 at 7:28 pm

3. That sandwich looks amazing! I love discovering new places.

by Christina @ This Woman Cooks! on Mar 23, 2011 at 8:16 pm

4. spinach burger??? what’s that made out of? spinach and what else?!

by Alexis @ There She Goes on Mar 23, 2011 at 10:20 pm

5. What a fabulous place! The spinach burger sounds amazing! I love finding new places, especially with others that love it as much as you do.

by Heather @ Multiply Delicious on Mar 23, 2011 at 11:07 pm

6. Neat place! I love hearing about awesome restaurants like this.

by Katrina on Mar 24, 2011 at 9:58 am

7. I love it when you find a new restaurant through a friend, and then you can go there together. Hilarious about the cookie though! At least the woman was making sure. Hehe.

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Mar 24, 2011 at 11:54 am

8. Yum! What a fun place. I’m getting hungry looking at all of those photos!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Mar 24, 2011 at 1:56 pm

9. Alexis – Ground beef and garlic, and it also had asiago cheese. Hope that helps.

by Tracy on Mar 24, 2011 at 2:33 pm

10. How fun that you and Steph went out to eat together. I absolutely adore her, she’s just the sweetest. This place looks soooo good, the sandwiches look amazing. I LOVE hot peppers on my sandwiches. That was too funny when you asked for a peanut butter cookie. 🙂

by Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels on Mar 28, 2011 at 10:58 am