Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells

Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells - 3

In case you haven’t noticed, I’m a huge fan of anything buffalo chicken, as evidenced by the buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken pizza, and buffalo chicken cheese ball recipes I’ve already posted. So, it should come as no surprise that I had to find a way to incorporate buffalo chicken into pasta. I made this dish for a good friend of mine who had a baby in December, and she has been bugging me for the recipe ever since – better late than never I guess! Since they were also inundated with meals from others, I made this ahead of time and popped it in the freezer, and dropped it off frozen so that they’d have something to eat in the weeks to come. And, while I bake them up without any sauce, you can certainly add a bleu cheese or ranch sauce to the top before baking to help balance out the heat!

Prepare the pasta according to package directions. Cut the chicken into small pieces, and then cook in a skillet over medium heat with the vegetable oil until no longer pink in the center. If any pieces are on the larger side, shred them with a fork once cooked.

Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells - 1

In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the shells.

Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells - 2

Stuff each shell with as much filling as it will hold (it’s okay if some of them overflow a little). Place in your dish seam-side up.

Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells - 4

Freeze shells if desired, or bake at 400 degrees 20-30 minutes or until heated through.

Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells - 5

Posted by on February 21, 2011.

Tags: , ,

Categories: dinner

1. Awesome idea! LOVE buff chix!

by Blog is the New Black on Feb 21, 2011 at 10:49 am

2. I am a fool for all things buffalo! Brilliant!!
    I love to make shells w/ chicken and spinack and buffalo chicken mac n cheese but it never even crossed my mind as shells!! Thanks!!!!! You are evil but I love it!

by Souffle Bombay (Colleen) on Feb 21, 2011 at 10:51 am

3. You’re blowing my mind this morning. The more I look at the shells, the more I want them.

by Chris @ The Peche on Feb 21, 2011 at 11:08 am

4. Can I come over and eat any leftovers you have? This looks fantastic!

by Stephanie on Feb 21, 2011 at 11:39 am

5. What a wonderful idea! These look so delicious, Tracy. My husband would just flip for these flavors in a pan of hearty stuffed shells. Thanks for sharing!

by Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking on Feb 21, 2011 at 12:54 pm

6. Wow, these are great, Tracy! James would really love these, he loves anything buffalo chicken too.

by Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies on Feb 21, 2011 at 1:17 pm

7. Wow those look so wonderful. I love buffalo chicken too!

by carolinaheartstrings on Feb 21, 2011 at 1:20 pm

8. What a cool idea! I’ve never thought to fill them with anything but ricotta cheese and marinara. Yum!

by Lori @ RecipeGirl on Feb 21, 2011 at 1:44 pm

9. Buffalo Chicken is Kev’s favorite – can’t wait to try all your recipes on him! :)

by Amanda @ Kevin & Amanda on Feb 21, 2011 at 2:04 pm

10. Love your spin on stuffed shells!

by Maria on Feb 21, 2011 at 2:18 pm

11. This sounds so delicious! I hope to have time to give it a shot soon!

by doughmesstic on Feb 21, 2011 at 3:25 pm

12. Oooooo. This is a really good idea!

by Nancy @SensitivePantry on Feb 21, 2011 at 3:45 pm

13. These may be the most brilliant thing EVER! Love them!

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Feb 21, 2011 at 3:48 pm

14. What a great idea – I love buffalo chicken too so I’m sure we’d love these shells!

by Kristen on Feb 21, 2011 at 5:00 pm

15. Let’s be honest – as soon as I saw these this morning, I knew I had to make them TONIGHT for my husband. So, I added the items to my grocery list. I have made enough for us to enjoy tonight and another night in the future!!!! This is awesomeness. :)

by Cassandra on Feb 21, 2011 at 5:41 pm

16. This is definitely a creative way to serve the chicken! i love how you stuffed the shells! Genius.

by crustabakes on Feb 21, 2011 at 6:23 pm

17. I love your love of buffalo! I would have never thought of stuffing buffalo chicken into shells. Genius idea. Looks so delicious.

by Eliana on Feb 21, 2011 at 7:06 pm

18. Oh my! These look great! I know I would have loved these as a kid.

by Katrina on Feb 21, 2011 at 8:36 pm

19. I also just love anything buffalo, this is a nice twist! I bet all the guys in my life would love this!

by jennifurla on Feb 21, 2011 at 9:16 pm

20. Wow these look fantastic!

by Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen on Feb 21, 2011 at 10:20 pm

21. What a fun take on stuffed shells. Very original, Tracy!

by Cookin' Canuck on Feb 22, 2011 at 1:03 am

22. Love this idea in shells! Wow I am hungry!

by Jenny Flake on Feb 22, 2011 at 10:32 am

23. These look great! I’ve gotten get on this buffalo train I’ve been seeing lately on blogs.

by Christina on Feb 22, 2011 at 11:48 am

24. This looks like the perfect dinner!!!

by Cookbook Queen on Feb 22, 2011 at 11:59 am

25. These look amazing! I never think to make non-Italian flavored stuffed shells, but I think it’s such a fabulous idea! Yum :)

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Feb 22, 2011 at 12:06 pm

26. I practically lived off of buffalo chicken pizza in college and i’m always looking for new ways to incorporate it into my life! This recipe speaks to my inner 21 year old.

by Joanne on Feb 22, 2011 at 2:23 pm

27. mm gottta love anything buffalo chicken inspired!! I’ve never though to mix it pasta though!

by stephchows on Feb 22, 2011 at 4:06 pm

28. Best. Idea. Ever.

Definitely bookmarked!

by Mel @ omgawesome.net on Feb 22, 2011 at 8:44 pm

29. I made these last night because my bf loves buffalo chicken dip! They were good, but I added 1/3 Cup of sharp cheddar to replace the bleu cheese since we don’t like it. I also drizzled ranch over the top and sprinkled a mixture of mozzarella nd charp cheddar before I baked it. Next time I will use only one cup of ricotta cheese and replace the other cup with one cup of cream cheese. Maybe even add some ranch into the mixture if it seems thick enough. They were good though, just needed a little tweeking! Thanks for the recipe!

by Shannon on Feb 24, 2011 at 6:05 pm

30. This recipe is genius I tell you! It would make a great make-ahead freezer meal.

by Robyn | Add a Pinch on Feb 24, 2011 at 9:52 pm

31. Oh knock me out, these sound delicious! My husband would be beaming if I made him these:)

by Amy at TheSceneFromMe on Feb 25, 2011 at 4:34 pm

32. OMG! These are genius and LOOOK SOO GOOD! I’m so trying them! This is something me and the hubs will agree on!

by Mandy on Feb 25, 2011 at 6:55 pm

33. These are going on the menu soon! They sound wonderful! Thanks!

by Debbi Does Dinner Healthy on Feb 26, 2011 at 5:15 pm

34. woww these look so good
    i’m not the best cook, so if you wouldn’t mind sending me some, that would be great
    haha :o )

by katie martino on Mar 1, 2011 at 1:01 am

35. just found your website and love it!

i can’t wait to make these shells! they look delicious!

by sherri lynn on Mar 29, 2011 at 5:39 pm

36. Oh my were these good!

by Sandra on Jun 2, 2011 at 9:38 pm

37. OH MY! I’m making this – what a genius idea! Now I’m completely not wanting what I planned for dinner.

by Shea on Jun 8, 2011 at 6:12 pm

38. whats good to pour overtop the shells? can i replace the bleu cheese with ranch instead?

by jessica on Aug 7, 2012 at 12:09 pm

39. Jessica – I suggested a bleu cheese or ranch sauce to pour over the top. And yes you can sub ranch for bleu cheese!

by Tracy on Aug 7, 2012 at 12:46 pm

40. WOWWWW! I made these last night & they skyrocketed to the top of my hubby’s favorite dinners. I pinned the recipe on pinterest & my sister-in-law drooled in the comments section of my pin so I let her know that I would share with her. My hubby is not very happy with me for sharing–but I promised him that I will certianly be making more!!!

I took out 1/2 cup of ricotta and put in 1/2 cup (4oz) of cream cheese, and sprinkled a tiny bit of cheddar on top (after reading some of the comments). Everything else I did exact. Absolutely amazing. Thanks for the fantastic recipe!!

by Rachel on Nov 14, 2012 at 12:39 am