Buffalo Chicken Cheese Ball
One of my favorite things to make for Super Bowl weekend is buffalo chicken dip. However, if hubby and I are going to a party somewhere else, sometimes I don’t feel like lugging along my 9×13″ baking dish. I decided that this year, I was going to take everything I love about that dip and put it into a cheese ball…much easier to transport, and you don’t have to worry about keeping it warm, either (although it tastes great warmed up, too!). You can make it several days ahead of time and the flavors will continue to meld together in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve, so it’s a great appetizer to have prepared beforehand if you don’t have a lot of time on game day. Make it today!
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 2-3 Tbsp hot sauce (I like Frank’s)
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar and gouda cheeses, for rolling in
In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the cheddar and gouda cheeses.
Form into a ball, and then roll in the cheeses to coat.
Wrap in plastic wrap and chill at least an hour before serving. Serve with tortilla chips, pretzels, crackers, or chopped vegetables.