Top 10 of 2010

Upon seeing so many “Top 10 of 2010” posts popping up in my Google Reader over these last few days – and enjoying each and every one one of them – I decided that I wanted to get in on the fun, too. I’ve never done one of these kinds of posts before, but I decided that rather than sharing some of my favorite recipes from this year, it’d be much more fun to share which recipes YOU really enjoyed. So, here are your top 10 favorite recipes from 2010 – just for fun, I’ll start with #10 and end with the most popular recipe at #1!

10. Pumpkin Spice Latte

Pumpkin Spice Latte - 1

Why spend $5 on a latte when you can make it at home yourself for so much less? Plus, bottled syrups make great homemade gifts!

9. Sesame Chicken

Sesame Chicken - 7

As the only savory dish that made the list, I’m going to agree that this one is definitely a keeper. The chicken is slightly sweet and slightly sour, and is wonderful served over rice with extra sauce.

8. Noir Bars

Noir Bars - 8

If you have a bad day, sometimes all you need is chocolate, and lots of it. These triple-chocolate bars definitely have you covered.

7. Eggnog Meltaways

Eggnog Meltaways - 6

A holiday treat that’s perfect for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I also discovered that they freeze and thaw (already baked) very well, so you can easily prepare these in advance.

6. Espresso Ice Cream

Espresso Ice Cream - 7

I’m a sucker for anything coffee, and coffee ice cream is my favorite kind of ice cream. I’m glad to know there are other coffee addicts out there!

5. Apple Cider Doughnut Holes

Apple Cider Doughnut Holes - 9

These were an experiment with my little fryer, but a very, very good one. The recipe made so many that I gave them away to everyone I could find – my friends, co-workers, even the owner of our CSA – and everyone fell in love with them. I definitely plan on starting a new tradition and making these every fall!

4. Caramel-Apple Pie

Caramel-Apple Pie - 6

I made this during a fun baking session with a few of my friends after we all went apple picking together. I had caramels left over from these addictive treats, so I decided to use them up in this pie – and I don’t regret that decision one bit.

3. Vanilla Bean Scones

Vanilla Bean Scones - 8

If my hubby had a top-ten list, these would be on it. They’re one of his all-time favorite breakfasts, and I also love making them whenever we’re able to have a relaxing weekend breakfast together.

2. Dorie’s Perfect Anniversary Cake

Dorie's Perfect Party Cake - 7

Dorie’s Perfect Party Cake is one of my all-time favorite celebration cakes, and my version with lemon curd, vanilla buttercream frosting, and blue-tinted coconut made our anniversary this year even more special.

1. Strawberry-Lemon Cheesecake Squares

Strawberry-Lemon Cheesecake Squares - 3

This was the #1 recipe on my blog this year, which surprised me since it was something I threw together with leftovers that I needed to use up before they went bad. I’ll definitely take a tip from all of you resourceful bakers out there and get creative with my leftovers more often!

And there you have it! I can’t thank you enough for all of your support and love this year. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year’s celebration, and here’s to an extraordinary 2011!

Posted by on December 31, 2010.

Tags:

Categories: blog

1. Fun! My number one surprised me too!

by Lori @ RecipeGirl on Dec 31, 2010 at 10:37 am

2. Loving all the round ups! Lots of great recipes 🙂

by Courtney on Dec 31, 2010 at 10:39 am

3. One of each, please!! Well, except the coffee ice cream – not a coffee fan. Everything else looks delightful!

by JenniferA on Dec 31, 2010 at 10:40 am

4. I love reading everyone’s top 10 lists. Your list looks amazing!!! Great recipes to try. I’m bookmarking this. Wishing you a great start in the new year!

by Kim @ Quit Eating Out {Recipes to Make Dining Out a Choice, Not a Chore} on Dec 31, 2010 at 10:47 am

5. Those look amazing. I’ll have to pick one to try in 2011.

Would you be interested in linking up to our countdown today? There are many great desserts in here I know others would like!

by SnoWhite on Dec 31, 2010 at 2:50 pm

6. All of these look wonderful! Love your site! Look forward to more in 2011! Happy New Year!

by Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. on Dec 31, 2010 at 11:21 pm

7. I would love to make your pumpkin spice latte or your espresso ice cream!!! Both look divine, and just the sort of thing I would enjoy. 🙂 I love your top 10 list, and I think I might post one myself today! Happy new year and thanks for following on twitter.

by The Cilantropist on Jan 1, 2011 at 8:27 am

8. The noir bars look incredible! I might have to end short my resolution of less chocolate just to try them out.

by Evan Thomas on Jan 1, 2011 at 1:46 pm

9. These all look so good. The eggnog meltaways are still on my to-,make list…I really need to get to those! You had an awesome year of blog posts, and I wish you an even better year in 2011. You’re my favorite 🙂

by Katrina on Jan 1, 2011 at 2:41 pm

10. All of those recipes look amazing.. some of them still on my list to make. I can’t wait to see what you have in store for 2011.

Happy New Year! 😀

by Christine on Jan 1, 2011 at 5:29 pm

11. I agree with the rest of your readers. Those cheesecake squares look great!

by Beth on Jan 2, 2011 at 7:10 am

12. These all look wonderful..I’m going to have to choose the caramel apple pie!! 🙂

by Ingrid on Jan 3, 2011 at 8:17 pm

13. Oh, #5 & #8 are near the top of my must-make list! Looking forward to another year of your blog!

Happy New Year! ?

by bridget {bake at 350} on Jan 3, 2011 at 10:34 pm

14. I love this top 10 list! So many yummy recipes. They all look amazing…but oh my goodness…that anniversary cake looks fabulous…I love coconut! 🙂

by Christina @ Sweet Pea's Kitchen on Jan 3, 2011 at 11:45 pm