Cheddar and Parsley Biscuits

Cheddar Parsley Biscuits - 4

I have a confession to make. When I saw these cheddar and parsley biscuits on Jen’s blog a few months ago, I made them immediately. And I kept making them. In fact, I made them pretty much every time we had soup or chili…which, as the weather turned colder and colder, was a lot. In fact, I think at this point I’m hopelessly addicted to them. They’re so easy to make that I can’t help adding them to the table with just about any fall meal – including Thanksgiving dinner! Just be sure to make them immediately, because I’m telling you, they are that good. If you’re looking for another great side to add to your Thanksgiving table this Thursday, give these a try; your guests will be sure to thank you. Oh, and if you’re looking for more Thanksgiving inspiration, make sure to check out Jen’s Thanksgiving Recipes!

Recipe very slightly adapted from here.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Use a pastry blender to work in the butter.

Cheddar Parsley Biscuits - 1

Stir in the cheese, milk, egg, garlic powder, parsley, and minced garlic.

Cheddar Parsley Biscuits - 2

Using a spoon, drop the dough on to the prepared baking sheet.

Cheddar Parsley Biscuits - 3

Place in the oven and bake 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush the melted butter over the biscuits. Return to the oven to bake 5 minutes longer. Serve warm.

Cheddar Parsley Biscuits - 4

Posted by on November 22, 2010.

Categories: breads & pastries

1. These look SO delicious. Like I could probably stuff 6 of ’em straight into my mouth out of the oven. I must make these tonight with soup! Thanks 🙂

by DessertForTwo on Nov 22, 2010 at 10:35 am

2. I love all things cheddar. Mmmm these look fabulous.

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Nov 22, 2010 at 10:54 am

3. These look So good and they are perfect for Turkey Day!

by Maria on Nov 22, 2010 at 11:08 am

4. Those biscuits look so flavorful and light. What a delicious combination of flavors. I’ll definitely be trying these out! 🙂 YUM!

by Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels on Nov 22, 2010 at 12:32 pm

5. If I could only get my hands on those gorgeous biscuits! Mmmm!

by Jenny Flake on Nov 22, 2010 at 1:08 pm

6. These biscuits do sound delicious and they look so nice and crunchy on the tops.

by Lisa on Nov 22, 2010 at 1:13 pm

7. These look SO good…and SO easy to make! These just made my Tday menu, thanks!

by Kelli H on Nov 22, 2010 at 1:36 pm

8. I just made cheddar biscuits last week, they are hard to resist when you get the idea in your head. Now I might need to make them again 🙂 I have an award for you on my blog, I hope you will accept it!

by Katie Rose on Nov 22, 2010 at 2:55 pm

9. So I went to Paula Deen’s restaurant this past weekend in Savannah and she makes biscuits that look just like this and to be honest I think yours look even better! I’m going to have to try these 🙂 Thanks!

by Evan @swEEts on Nov 22, 2010 at 4:27 pm

10. Oh hello gorgeous, pass the butter.

by Jennifurla on Nov 22, 2010 at 4:28 pm

11. These look awesome! I’m going to try and work this recipe into our Christmas baking plans. I know my in laws in particular would love these.

by Jenna on Nov 22, 2010 at 5:23 pm

12. I am a bread addict! These are right up my alley!
    Beautiful!

by Souffle Bombay on Nov 22, 2010 at 5:39 pm

13. I made something simillar on Saturday- so delicious. These look great!

by Liz @ Blog is the New Black on Nov 22, 2010 at 7:52 pm

14. Oh my word, I could eat the whole entire batch on my own!! YUM.

by Tickled Red on Nov 22, 2010 at 7:52 pm

15. These sound great! I think I will have to make some chili this week and these to go along with them because that sounds like an awesome combo. Thanks for sharing them:)

by Raina on Nov 22, 2010 at 10:29 pm

16. These must be amazing biscuits if you can’t stop making them. They sound fabulous.

by Barbara Bakes on Nov 22, 2010 at 11:25 pm

17. Yum! I remember being obsessed with the cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster when I was a kid. That’s what I always think of when I see cheddar biscuits… Now I’m craving some!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Nov 23, 2010 at 11:11 am

18. These looks great! I am baking biscuits today to use in my cornbread dressing, but these look awesome!

by Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. on Nov 23, 2010 at 11:24 am

19. I adore biscuits. Especially biscuits with cheese 🙂

by Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker on Nov 23, 2010 at 3:49 pm

20. Okay, I really need to try this recipe. I’ll bet that they would freeze beautifully, which would be perfect for a spur-of-the-moment soup or chili meal.

by Cookin' Canuck on Nov 23, 2010 at 7:49 pm

21. I’m always looking for new biscuit recipes. Yum!

by Katrina on Nov 25, 2010 at 7:59 am

22. Awww…I’m so happy to hear that you liked the biscuits! They’re a household favorite!

by Jen @ How To: Simplify on Dec 11, 2010 at 1:44 am