Pomegranate White Chocolate Mousse Pie

Pomegranate White Chocolate Mousse Pie - 5

My goal was to write about a Thanksgiving dessert today, but I really wanted it to be something different than what you usually see on the dessert table. Growing up, I always used to dig in to the usual apple and pumpkin pies after Thanksgiving dinner, so I don’t really remember another dessert standing out to me. While I was brainstorming for a new dessert to try this weekend though, my mind kept turning to my dark chocolate mousse pie…so I thought that maybe I should bring that to Thanksgiving dinner this year and call it a day. That is, until I had a new thought – pomegranate dark chocolate pie. And, instead of dark chocolate, why not use white chocolate? Before I knew it, I had adapted my original recipe for this light and heavenly pie, and now I have a new Thanksgiving dessert. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Pour 2 Tbsp of the pomegranate juice into a small bowl. Empty the contents of the gelatin packet into it. Stir slightly to incorporate, and then let soften.

Pomegranate White Chocolate Mousse Pie - 1

In a small sauce pan, bring the rest of the pomegranate juice to a boil. Pour the boiling juice over the gelatin mixture, and stir until the gelatin dissolves completely. Allow to cool.

In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Pour in the melted white chocolate and sugar gradually, beating until combined. Pour the cooled pomegranate mixture into the whipped cream mixture; it will be very soupy. Beat on medium speed until well-combined. There may be some bubbles, but that’s okay.

Pomegranate White Chocolate Mousse Pie - 2

Pour the filling into the crusts (I made one 9″ pie and 6 mini pies) and refrigerate at least 3 hours or until set before serving.

Pomegranate White Chocolate Mousse Pie - 3

Pomegranate White Chocolate Mousse Pie - 4

Decorate with whipped cream and pomegranate arils, if desired.

Pomegranate White Chocolate Mousse Pie - 6

Posted by on November 15, 2010.

Tags: , ,

1. Perfect pie for the holiday season!

by Maria on Nov 15, 2010 at 11:26 am

2. This pie is so pretty! And you know I love my poms.

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Nov 15, 2010 at 11:32 am

3. These look incredible! Such a pretty color too!

by Jenny Flake on Nov 15, 2010 at 11:58 am

4. SO delicate and pretty, I would definitely want to try this. Nice and original

by Jennifurla on Nov 15, 2010 at 2:56 pm

5. This looks amazing! am totally making this for thanksgiving, and I can easily make a gluten-free graham cracker crust! yay! It seems like it would be light, unlike a lot of other holiday pies and desserts. 🙂

by G. on Nov 15, 2010 at 4:55 pm

6. I think the recipe sounds amazing! The combination of white chocolate and pomegranate is genius. Your pictures are also (as usual) simply beautiful!

by Jenna on Nov 15, 2010 at 5:01 pm

7. Beautiful pie! Very festive and it looks and sounds very delicious. Really creative combination.

by Raina on Nov 15, 2010 at 9:47 pm

8. Tracy, this is absolutely gorgeous! And look at how many pies you made – you are going to have some very happy friends and relatives.

by Cookin' Canuck on Nov 16, 2010 at 12:25 am

9. Wow…this would be such a nice addition to a Thanksgiving dessert table! You are so smart, Tracy!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Nov 16, 2010 at 8:30 am

10. Gosh, Tracy! That is gorgeous. Looks lighter than other holiday pies – more room for stuffing 😀

by maggy@threemanycooks on Nov 16, 2010 at 10:04 am

11. Just beautiful… I love white chocolate anything!!

by Amanda on Nov 16, 2010 at 10:09 am

12. So pretty and I love the flavor combination!

by Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. on Nov 16, 2010 at 10:12 am

13. My goodness what a fabulous creation! The beauty of pomegrante and white chocolate together is brilliant! 🙂

by Avrilm on Nov 16, 2010 at 10:16 am

14. That is a beautiful pie! What a lovely addition to Thanksgiving dinner!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Nov 16, 2010 at 12:09 pm

15. Gorgeous pie, Tracy! Looks absolutely delicious!

by Tracy on Nov 16, 2010 at 5:02 pm

16. I’ve never heard of a pie like this before! I love how unique it is 🙂

by Katrina on Nov 16, 2010 at 5:59 pm

17. This pie looks delicious!!!!

by Robyn | Add a Pinch on Nov 16, 2010 at 6:37 pm

18. This sounds DIVINE!!! Seriously………I love something a little different, and I’m a big pom fan!!

Thanks so much to linking up to my party!!

by TidyMom on Nov 17, 2010 at 3:32 pm

19. What a great combination of flavors. I love this as a lighter dessert option for Thanksgiving!

by Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker on Nov 18, 2010 at 12:40 pm

20. This almost looks too good to eat! Wish I had a huge slice of it right now.

by Eliana on Nov 18, 2010 at 3:00 pm

21. Oh my gosh, this looks amazing! And I’m assuming you made six of them so you could send one to me? 😉

by Liz on Nov 18, 2010 at 4:13 pm

22. Tracy!
    This pie looks beautiful & so divine!!!

by Lauren on Nov 23, 2010 at 9:19 pm

23. I just made this yesterday to bring for Thanksgiving! Very yummy and so pretty!

by Nancy on Nov 25, 2010 at 2:34 pm

24. This really sounds AMAZING Tracy!!!
    and congrats!……….you were a WINNER~~ check your email!?

by TidyMom on Nov 27, 2010 at 6:54 pm

25. Hello!

I featured this recipe in my university’s newspaper. Here’s a link: http://www.newuniversity.org/2010/11/features/white-chocolate-pomegranate-yes/

by Mallory on Dec 1, 2010 at 4:40 pm

26. I made this and liked it. One question though: how do you keep the melted white chocolate from hardening when you add it to the whip cream mixture?

by Ken Row on Dec 7, 2010 at 10:37 pm

27. Ken – I didn’t have that problem, but my advice would be to add in a little cream when melting the white chocolate to make it a bit softer and more ganache-like. Hope that helps!

by Tracy on Dec 8, 2010 at 10:08 am

28. What a lovely pie! It’s so simple, beautiful and full of flavor!

by Jen @ How To: Simplify on Dec 11, 2010 at 1:37 am

29. Just coming across this now – bur love everything about it!! I have been on a big pomegranate kick lately 🙂

by marla {family fresh cooking} on Feb 20, 2011 at 8:39 am

30. Loving anything tart and pomegranatey! I might even up the ante by drizzling it with pomegranate syrup. Anything goes!

by Casey@Good. Food. Stories. on Nov 16, 2011 at 6:42 pm

31. This pie is so perfect for the holidays! I adore the lovely hue!

by Jamie | My Baking Addiction on Nov 17, 2011 at 8:34 pm

32. First off, let me say that this pie looks absolutely lovely and delicious in your pictures!

I tried to make this today and I’m a novice at whipping cream, but I tried to follow the directions to the best of my ability and when I added the juice and beat it, it wasn’t creamy and soupy, it was sort of lumpy and gritty. Did I do something wrong or does it do that sometimes?

Thanks!

by Danielle on Nov 23, 2011 at 7:19 pm

33. Danielle – It’s definitely normal to have some lumps, but it shouldn’t be gritty. If you want to send me an e-mail, I’d be happy to try and troubleshoot more!

by Tracy on Nov 23, 2011 at 10:29 pm

34. Made it today, everyone loved it!!
    Made it with my own special graham cracker crust..
    One thing though, it didn’t come out as pink as yours look.. It was more of a plain brownish color.. Did you add something to it? Or could it be because I didn’t wait until the Pomagranite juice was completely cooled?

by Naomi on Sep 16, 2012 at 4:18 pm

35. Hi Naomi – I did not add anything to the pie aside from what is listed in the ingredients. I’m not sure if it would make a difference or not, but the color may depend on the type of pomegranate juice you used. I used Pom Wonderful 100% pomegranate juice in my pie. Hope that helps!

by Tracy on Sep 17, 2012 at 3:38 pm