Stuffed Pepper Soup

Stuffed Pepper Soup - 3

This soup is the result of a few different inspirations. Partly because it’s fall and it’s the season for soup and chili, partly because I’ve been craving Mexican and other spicy foods lately…and partly because I’m always on the lookout for great new slow-cooker recipes. This little experiment happens to be one of my new favorites, so I just had to share it with you! Even though it’s a meatless soup, it’s still perfectly hearty and filling – although you can certainly cook up some beef or sausage if you want and add it in when you add in the rice. Plus, it just keeps getting better the next day as the rice continues to soak up even more liquid and flavor from the soup, so it makes for some wonderful leftovers. Give it a try this week!

Combine all ingredients except rice in your crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

Stuffed Pepper Soup - 1

Thirty minutes before serving, cook the rice according to package directions. Add the cooked rice to the crockpot (this is also where you would add in the meat, if desired).

Stuffed Pepper Soup - 2

Serve with your favorite biscuits, cornbread, or tortilla chips!

Stuffed Pepper Soup - 3

Posted by on November 4, 2010.

Categories: dinner

1. This is going on my list of recipes I need to try 😀 Sounds yummy – I’d totally add some kielbasa!

by Sandy on Nov 4, 2010 at 9:12 am

2. This sounds right up my alley! Now I just need to get a new slow-cooker!

by RJ Flamingo on Nov 4, 2010 at 9:14 am

3. This sounds fabulous! Great recipe!

by Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. on Nov 4, 2010 at 9:23 am

4. I love how easy this recipe is! Love it!

by Maria on Nov 4, 2010 at 9:26 am

5. Yum! Vegetarian + slow-cooker? Sign me up! 🙂

by DessertForTwo on Nov 4, 2010 at 9:27 am

6. We love stuffed peppers. Would love to give this soup a try.

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Nov 4, 2010 at 9:37 am

7. I’m such a sucker for stuffed peppers. What a great idea to make them into a soup!

by Katrina on Nov 4, 2010 at 9:46 am

8. Oh my, stuffed peppers are one of my favs – can only imagine how yummy they’d be in soup form!

by Liz on Nov 4, 2010 at 11:01 am

9. The wind is already howling outside… this sounds so good. Love the combinations of flavors (I’m a huge Mexican food lover). Anxious to try this one!

by Kim @ Quit Eating Out on Nov 4, 2010 at 11:21 am

10. I think cranberry scones for breakfast and this soup for supper sounds like a perfect day.

by Small Town Runner Karen on Nov 4, 2010 at 11:48 am

11. This soup looks so wonderful on a cold day. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

by Tracy on Nov 4, 2010 at 1:14 pm

12. This would be great when it a little cooler..It’s 90 degrees here in Orange County! Yikes!

by Ingrid on Nov 4, 2010 at 3:52 pm

13. Hmmm – this soup looks so delicious and perfect for this time of year. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

by Eliana on Nov 4, 2010 at 4:34 pm

14. I dont know when I will get a sloq cooker, such a slacker. This looks fantastic.

by Jennifurla on Nov 4, 2010 at 4:43 pm

15. As a vegetarian, I appreciate this delicious-looking (and surely -tasting!) spicy soup! I think I will be tucking this away for a particularly chilly evening. I will be appreciating it even more, then.

by Alicia on Nov 4, 2010 at 7:21 pm

16. Today is the perfect soup day! This sounds awesome, never have done anything like it!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Nov 5, 2010 at 9:35 am

17. I love stuffed peppers, and I love soup, so yeah for this recipe! Looks really comforting and delicious!

by Louanne on Nov 5, 2010 at 4:30 pm

18. I made this tonight with a couple of mods to use up what I had on hand and it was great! Thanks for the recipe!

by Audra on Nov 6, 2010 at 7:13 pm

19. Yum! I can’t wait to try this when the weather’s un-relenting and the day is super busy. Thanks for sharing!

by Trista on Nov 7, 2010 at 8:41 pm

20. Yum! This soup looks really good… I love slow cooker recipes, too!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Nov 11, 2010 at 6:43 am

21. I tried it yesterday and it was so so yummy! I crumbled some cornbread in the soup too. Mmm, having some more for lunch today. Thanks for the recipe!

by Tracy on Nov 12, 2010 at 2:31 pm

22. Oooo.. cool recipe. We love stuffed peppers, so I’m sure we’ll love this soup too.

🙂
    ButterYum

by ButterYum on Nov 13, 2010 at 9:01 am

23. I started following your blog about a month ago. I have tried your white chocolate pomegranate pie and that was a hit at Thanksgiving! Now I just finished the stuffed pepper soup and OMG sooooo good! I will be making this again and again! In the oven are the cheddar parsely biscuits-can’t wait to try those too! Thanks for posting these amazing recipes! Keep them coming!

by Nancy on Nov 28, 2010 at 6:23 pm