Pumpkin Pancakes

Pumpkin Pancakes - 4

Two of my favorite things about weekend mornings are sleeping in, and then making a nice sit-down breakfast for me and my hubby. Unfortunately, my hubby was already out playing football with the guys on Saturday when I started puttering around the kitchen…so, I decided to take the opportunity to make something for breakfast using pumpkin, since he’s not really a big fan of it (although he did enjoy my pumpkin cheesecake, which I consider a major win!). I decided on pumpkin pancakes, so I got out my recipe for gingerbread pancakes and tweaked it to be more in the spirit of fall. These almost made me glad that hubby doesn’t care for pumpkin…more pancakes for me!

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.

Pumpkin Pancakes - 1

In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, pumpkin, and eggs. Gradually whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until incorporated.

Pumpkin Pancakes - 2

Drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls on to a hot, buttered griddle. Cook for a couple minutes before flipping to cook the other side.

Pumpkin Pancakes - 3

Repeat with the remainder of the batter. Serve with butter and maple syrup.

Pumpkin Pancakes - 4

Posted by on October 4, 2010.

Tags:

Categories: breakfast & brunch

1. Love pumpkin pancakes. I have been on a pumpkin waffle kick, but I think I need to switch to pancakes!

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Oct 4, 2010 at 12:42 pm

2. Tracy, between you and Jen, I’m going to put those 40 lbs back on in no time. Please tell me you serve these with some crispy bacon.

by Wendi @ Bon Appetit Hon on Oct 4, 2010 at 12:49 pm

3. Yummy! I am eating pumpkin almost everyday these days, love it!

by Jenny Flake on Oct 4, 2010 at 12:57 pm

4. Tracy, you are an evil woman. But I like that about you! :-) These look like another must try!

by JenniferA on Oct 4, 2010 at 1:14 pm

5. Ohhh, these sound wonderful! It’s a cold, rainy day here and I was thinking breakfast for dinner anyhow. Might have to try these! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

by Jen on Oct 4, 2010 at 1:25 pm

6. is it sad that I like pumpkin but don’t like pumpkin pie? So your cheesecake and pancakes are winners in my books without even trying them yet! LOL

by Misa on Oct 4, 2010 at 1:34 pm

7. i cannot wait to make these!!! i do not want to wait till the weekend so i think breakfast for dinner this week is on the menu!!

by Jarrelle on Oct 4, 2010 at 1:40 pm

8. Oh how gorgeous, love the live action puring shot.

by Jennifurla on Oct 4, 2010 at 2:40 pm

9. These look so yummy! I’m suddenly in the mood for something pumpkin…

by Tracy on Oct 4, 2010 at 3:20 pm

10. Yumm-o. Pumpkin pancakes?! I’ll take a tall stack please! These look and sound great.

by naomi on Oct 4, 2010 at 4:05 pm

11. Yet another great way to enjoy pumpkin. These look super delish Tracy :)

by Eliana on Oct 4, 2010 at 4:48 pm

12. love these during the fall

by Maria on Oct 4, 2010 at 6:06 pm

13. holy smokes these look good! i’m such a sucker for pancakes, i think these are going on the griddle tonight!

by joy the baker on Oct 4, 2010 at 6:43 pm

14. I love pumpkin pancakes! I just had some this past weekend. I love mine with butter and brown sugar :)

by Liz @ LBBakes on Oct 4, 2010 at 8:32 pm

15. I absolutely love all these fall recipes your posting! I have so many of them bookmarked, now I just need to make them!

by Kaytee on Oct 4, 2010 at 8:51 pm

16. Yum, pumpkin pancakes sound so good. I certainly wouldn’t turn down a stack of them.

by Lisa on Oct 4, 2010 at 9:24 pm

17. The color of these pancakes is so pretty. You included two of my favorite baking spices – nutmeg and cloves.

by Cookin' Canuck on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:17 pm

18. Your husband doesn’t like pumpkin? What is WRONG with him? (: I really need to buy some canned pumpkin. (I was hoping the pumpkins in our garden would grow so I wouldn’t have to buy canned, but no luck this year.) The pancakes look yummy.

by Small Town Runner Karen on Oct 5, 2010 at 7:27 am

19. mmm….pumpkin pancakes with REAL butter & maple syrup. Heavenly!

by Kay on Oct 5, 2010 at 9:19 am

20. Mmm I so have to make pancakes now :D

by Sandy on Oct 5, 2010 at 9:42 am

21. These look incredible and oh so easy. I will be making these without a doubt!

by Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. on Oct 5, 2010 at 3:22 pm

22. Every sunday morning, the ritual is hubby makes pancakes for the family. I need to make up a batch of pumpkin puree ( we don’t get that here in the shops) and I have a couple of recipes in mind to try. This looks a like a good test for it! lets see how i go! cheers kari

by make my day on Oct 5, 2010 at 7:46 pm

23. Always so excited to see what your making next! Yum another winner! :)

by Courtney Lopez on Oct 5, 2010 at 9:47 pm

24. I love pumpkin pancakes! Trader Joe’s makes a really good mix, but I’ll have to try your from scratch recipe. Yum!

by Sara on Oct 5, 2010 at 11:45 pm

25. This is the perfect idea for fall pancakes!

by Katrina on Oct 6, 2010 at 12:37 pm

26. after my 5 mile run last night i came home and made these for the family. . . yes we had breakfast for dinner. i altered mine and used whole wheat flour, egg beaters and low-fat buttermilk! needless to say. . . i ate 4!!

by Jarrelle on Oct 6, 2010 at 2:06 pm

27. I immediately printed out this recipe and added with my pile for things to make this Thanksgiving week up here in Canada. Its the perfect Thanksgiving morning breakfast before all the crazy cooking gets started. Thanks :)

by Amanda - Small Home Big Start on Oct 7, 2010 at 1:56 pm

28. After recently just eating pumpkin baked into something, I can totally understand how good these are. They look delicious :)

by Avanika (Yumsilicious Bakes) on Oct 7, 2010 at 2:36 pm

29. Love, love, love you!! These pancakes look soooo amazing. Wonder if I can convince the hubs that we need to have pancakes for dinner? :)

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Oct 7, 2010 at 4:12 pm

30. There you go again…another delicious fall recipe! Keep them coming…they are fantastic!

by Jen @ How To: Simplify on Oct 8, 2010 at 5:28 pm

31. These are so perfect for fall, fabulous idea!

by Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker on Oct 10, 2010 at 4:20 pm

32. Beautiful made Tracy! This a.m. I made pumpkin pancakes and wasn’t overly excited with the recipe I used…looking forward to making your recipe! :-)

by Avril on Oct 13, 2010 at 4:01 pm

33. These will be fun to make this time of ther year!

by Ingrid on Oct 16, 2010 at 4:45 pm

34. We made these tonight and the flavor was good, but we weren’t overly thrilled with the recipe. I think it would have been better with regular salt– not kosher. We had little unpleasant pockets of salt in our bites. If we made them again we’d probably add a bit more sugar too.

by Katie on Oct 24, 2010 at 8:41 pm

35. We made these this morning and they were delicious! The only thing was, we didn’t have maple syrup, so instead we topped them with honey butter.

by Martha on Oct 26, 2010 at 1:32 pm

36. My parents keep raving about ihops pumpkin pancakes, so i got offended! I can do that!

Made these for lunch for my kids today to test it out. I think next time id add 1/8th tsp ginger…..I think that is the ‘kick’ im missing.

by Ashley Rexford on Nov 9, 2010 at 1:55 pm

37. you should change your list of ingredients to say “brown sugar” not sugar. I didn’t know it should have been brown sugar until i read down to the next step, and by then it was too late. :( I bet these would be way better with brown sugar.

by jessica on Nov 11, 2010 at 2:11 pm

38. Jessica – It’s actually supposed to be just regular granulated sugar (although you can use brown sugar if you like). Thanks for letting me know about the inconsistency; I’ve updated the instructions.

by Tracy on Nov 11, 2010 at 2:22 pm

39. Thanks for the recipe. It is very early and my daughter has woken me up telling me she wants some fancy and festive pancakes. I stumbled to the computer still in the daze of sleep and googled pumpkin pancakes and Voila’… Thanks for saving my brain so early in the morning.

by Ryan on Nov 20, 2010 at 8:04 am

40. These are delicious and come together so easily and quickly!! I actually quartered the recipe for a single serving for breakfast (using just 1 egg white) and got 4 pancakes – perfect! They have the perfect hint of fall taste without making you feel like you’re eating pure pumpkin – will definitely be making these again for breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack…

by Emily on Oct 17, 2011 at 1:17 pm

41. This tasted great. And awesome with real maple syrup. I used butter milk which always improves the texture over regular milk. I will definitely make this again.

by Liz on Oct 30, 2011 at 7:51 pm

42. Can I use this recipe to make waffles?

by Jessica on May 4, 2012 at 12:24 pm