Lemon Pasta with Zucchini and Feta

Lemon Pasta with Feta - 5

A couple nights ago when hubby wasn’t going to be home for dinner, I decided to take the opportunity to satisfy my craving for a “girly” dish. I had just returned from picking up our CSA and had an armload of fresh vegetables and herbs, so I wanted to incorporate as many of them as I could. This dish turned out even better than I was expecting! The burst of flavor in the first bite of the zucchini sautéed in the lemon sauce was enough to get me totally hooked. Plus, you can always “man it up” with some grilled chicken or bacon. It’s simple, fresh, and a perfect summertime meal!

Chop up the garlic cloves into small chunks, and slice the zucchini. Quarter the zucchini slices.

Lemon Pasta with Feta - 1

Cook the pasta according to package directions. I love the tricolor farfalle!

Lemon Pasta with Feta - 3

In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter and olive oil over low heat. Add in the minced garlic and lemon juice, and then sauté for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic is tender.

Lemon Pasta with Feta - 2

Add in the zucchini and cook 3-4 minutes longer until the zucchini begins to brown and has soaked in the lemon flavor.

Lemon Pasta with Feta - 4

Toss the lemon-zucchini mixture with the cooked pasta, and then sprinkle the feta cheese over the top. Garnish with the parsely.

Lemon Pasta with Feta - 6

Posted by on July 29, 2010.

Tags: , ,

Categories: dinner, lunch

1. I really like your new look Tracy! And I once tried pasta with lemon…it did taste like summer!

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Jul 29, 2010 at 9:14 am

2. I love girly food that you can easily ‘man up’ with some meat! Thanks for sharing-I have a boatload of zucchini in my garden 🙂

by DessertForTwo on Jul 29, 2010 at 10:19 am

3. oh my goodness, this looks delightful! my [mostly] vegetarian BFF will be visiting for a weekend in Sept and i may just have to make this for her! it helps that she’s a total feta-freak like i am. 🙂

by Tara @ Smells Like Home on Jul 29, 2010 at 10:28 am

4. I like the new style of your site, the picture of this pasta really drew me in – JUST LOVELY

by Jennifurla on Jul 29, 2010 at 10:58 am

5. Girly or not, this looks like the perfect summer pasta dish to me.

by Eliana on Jul 29, 2010 at 2:06 pm

6. Very pretty. I love feta!

by dawn hutchins on Jul 29, 2010 at 3:56 pm

7. Great summer pasta dish!

by Maria on Jul 30, 2010 at 9:11 am

8. I LOVE the looks of this beautiful summer salad!!

by Jenny Flake on Jul 30, 2010 at 11:06 am

9. I know I would love this. Simply delicious flavors. Thanks for sharing another great recipe:)

by Raina @ The Garden of Yum on Jul 30, 2010 at 7:05 pm

10. This post makes me a bit sad that I live in Miami and our veggie growing season is opposite nearly everywhere else. I’ve got zucchini planted in my above-ground garden box, and the vines are great, but it’s too hot for the flowers to set into fruit.

I’ll save this RX for next fall! Thanks for the great post…love the “in progress” photos!

by Beverly Mills on Jul 31, 2010 at 10:48 am

11. What a wonderful summer salad with pasta and feta!

by Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker on Jul 31, 2010 at 8:50 pm

12. Thanks for the great recipe! Very unusual and not difficult at all to make. It definitely tastes like summer. =)

by Caitlin on Aug 1, 2010 at 6:29 pm

13. This pasta salad looks so fresh and delicious! Love lemon and zucchini!

by Maggy@ThreeManyCooks on Aug 1, 2010 at 9:35 pm

14. My mouth is watering! YUM! Perfect pasta dish for summer!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Aug 2, 2010 at 5:43 pm

15. What a pretty, simple dish. This is the kind of meal that highlights summer produce so beautifully.

by Cookin' Canuck on Aug 3, 2010 at 9:34 am

16. This looks like a lovely dish! I love the flavor combination of the zucchini, lemon, and feta!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Aug 3, 2010 at 7:08 pm

17. This looks great so I tried to make it tonight. The ingredients says two lemons but the picture only has two halves. I used two lemons and it seemed like way too much juice. Could you let me know about how much it should be. Mine looked to be 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup and it was very very lemony (and I really like lemon so that’s saying alot).

I ended up putting half a bag of corn and half a bag of broccoli in to balance out the lemon. That seemed to work some.

by Julie on Feb 27, 2011 at 12:21 am

18. Julie – I used the juice of two lemons even though there is only one pictured. You can expect some of the lemon juice to cook down when you sauté the garlic and zucchini. If you don’t want a very strong lemon flavor, simply use one lemon instead of two.

by Tracy on Feb 27, 2011 at 6:30 pm