Loaded Nachos

Nachos - 5

When I first saw these nachos on How Sweet It Is, I immediately bookmarked them to make at a sooner-rather-than-later date. You see, Jessica and I have a lot in common, with love of cheese and bacon and general aversion to vegetables at the top of the list (although the CSA hubby and I joined this year is quickly changing my mind about the vegetables!). I was especially intrigued about taking regular old corn tortillas and baking them, essentially making my own tortilla chips. I thought they would be bland and boring, but sprayed with a bit of olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt, they were delicious, and best of all, healthy! Stock up on corn tortillas for a quick and healthy snack that pulls together in no time at all!

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the tortillas into quarters.

Nachos - 1

Lay the tortillas out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spray them with cooking spray and sprinkle with sea salt.

Nachos - 2

Bake 10-15 minutes or until brown and crispy.

Nachos - 3

Place the chips on a plate and top with the chicken, refried beans, black beans, salsa, onion, avocado, and cheese. I didn’t even add cheese to my plate, and they were still perfect!

Nachos - 4

Posted by on July 15, 2010.

Tags: , ,

Categories: appetizers, lunch

1. I am so glad you liked them. I need to make them again soon. I love the tortillas.

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Jul 15, 2010 at 9:47 am

2. I love oven crisped up tortilla chips. Whenever we’re having something Mexican-inspired, Noel will crisp up a few extras and squash some extra avocado for an impromptu snack. So good!

by Beth @ 990 Square on Jul 15, 2010 at 10:35 am

3. Can we say yum?

by Crystal on Jul 15, 2010 at 11:10 am

4. Hmmmm – this looks perfect 🙂

by Eliana on Jul 15, 2010 at 2:50 pm

5. Interesting! I didn’t you you can get pre-baked tortillas..i only know the tortillas in bags as chips! lol! I’m addicted to eating those chips ones with melted cheese whenever i watch movies at the cinema..(they have those sold here too with the popcorns..lol). I’m going to check out our supermart to see if they sell pre-baked ones..i’m sure the pre-bake ones are definitely healthier!

by faithy on Jul 15, 2010 at 11:19 pm

6. Alright girl, I need these for lunch today asap!! YUMMY!

by Jenny Flake on Jul 16, 2010 at 11:32 am

7. Nachos are my weakness! Yum!

by Ingrid on Jul 16, 2010 at 12:41 pm

8. I’m pretty sure I could devour this whole plate within minutes. This dish looks delicious!

by Jen @ How To: Simplify on Jul 16, 2010 at 3:16 pm

9. We love making homemade chips! Love the avocado on top!

by Maria on Jul 16, 2010 at 6:00 pm

10. Great idea, I love her blog too. Looks delicious

by Jennifurla on Jul 17, 2010 at 2:11 pm

11. Yum! I love throwing together nachos for dinner, and these look fabulous!

by Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker on Jul 18, 2010 at 10:30 pm

12. These nachos would make a really nice, healthy lunch or dinner. So pretty!

by Cookin' Canuck on Jul 20, 2010 at 12:00 am