BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas

BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas - 5

Hubby and I have been on vacation this week, and it has definitely been a much-needed break from the daily grind…I’m feeling refreshed and (almost) ready to get back into the routine already! The temperatures have been hot though, and the thought of turning on the oven still makes me want to stick my head in the freezer, so the grill has been our best friend. I used my George Foreman grill to make these quesadillas, but you can easily make them on a regular grill. They’re simple to throw together, and of course, you can customize them according to your taste!

Makes 2 large quesadillas:

First, grill the chicken on low heat until it is no longer pink in the center. I threw the pineapple right on with it so that some of the pineapple juices would flavor the chicken.

BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas - 1

Once the chicken and pineapple were ready, I tore the chicken into chunks and tossed them on the bottom of each quesadilla along with the pineapple and hot pepper.

BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas - 2

Sprinkle on the cheese and cilantro, and then pour on the BBQ sauce.

BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas - 3

Top each quesadilla with a second flour tortilla, and then carefully move them to the grill. Grill until the cheese is melted and the tops of the quesadillas are browned.

BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas - 6

Cut into wedges and serve.

Posted by on July 9, 2010.

Categories: appetizers, lunch

1. I love pineapple and BBQ together! These sound SO good.

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Jul 9, 2010 at 2:06 pm

2. Love the pineapple in there. Great addition!

by Maria on Jul 9, 2010 at 2:08 pm

3. YUM! I think we’ll be making those this summer. What a great idea!

by Rebecca on Jul 9, 2010 at 3:18 pm

4. What an ingenious idea!!! These look SO delicious- I’m totally making these this weekend! YUM!

by Amy (Sing For Your Supper) on Jul 9, 2010 at 4:08 pm

5. I can’t think of a more perfect, fresh way to create a quesadilla! lovely flavours and your pictures are so vibrant!!

by Jennifer @ maple n cornbread on Jul 9, 2010 at 6:11 pm

6. These are awesome! Great flavors. My kids would love these too. Last time we ate at Hard Rock Cafe, they had a similar flavor combo in a quesadilla. My family went crazy over them. They talked about them for weeks. They will be thrilled when I surprise them with these:) Thanks!

by Raina @ The Garden of Yum on Jul 9, 2010 at 9:42 pm

7. I’m glad you had such a relaxing vacation. These quesadillas are not only filled with a great combination of spicy and sweet, but they’re really pretty, too.

by Cookin' Canuck on Jul 9, 2010 at 11:32 pm

8. Looks delicious, Tracy! I make a BBQ chicken pizza with similar flavors… but not the pineapple. I’ll have to try that!

by Christine on Jul 10, 2010 at 3:02 pm

9. Yum! Yum! Yuuuuummmmm! I’m going to try this for sure! :)

by Ingrid on Jul 10, 2010 at 4:15 pm

10. Look at all that gooey deliciousness coming out down the sides. Love it.

by Eliana on Jul 11, 2010 at 8:07 pm

11. I can’t say I love warm pineapple, but these sure LOOK delicious! ;)

by Cassie Baker on Jul 12, 2010 at 8:38 am

12. Great quesadillas! I’ve never tried the bbq/pineapple combination; will have to do that one of these days!

by Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker on Jul 12, 2010 at 9:57 pm

13. What a delicious lunch idea! These quesadillas look great!

by Jen @ How To: Simplify on Jul 13, 2010 at 5:48 pm

14. Hi Tracy. I made these last night. They were wonderful. The combination of flavors was delicious, and it was easy and quick. Everyone in my family loved them. Thanks!

by Raina @ The Garden of Yum on Jul 17, 2010 at 8:35 pm

15. Raina – I’m so glad to hear that everyone loved them!!

by Tracy on Jul 17, 2010 at 9:04 pm

16. Just got George Foremans Quesadilla maker and tried the BBQ Chicken and Pineappe recipiee. It was fantastic! The flavors just popped and melted in your mouth. Try iy, you won’t regreat it.

by Amber Wright on Jul 11, 2012 at 3:05 pm