Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps

I admit that until a few months ago, I had never even heard of lettuce wraps. I’m not a huge fan of vegetables (although I’m coming around, thanks to our CSA!), but I was out to dinner at P.F. Changs with a friend, and she ordered their lettuce wraps. I was skeptical, but when they were served, I knew I had to try making my own version at home. To my surprise, I absolutely loved them! And not only that, but they’re very easy to make. The only thing I’d do differently the next time is to use fresh lettuce leaves from our CSA. Give these a try if you need a quick weeknight meal, lunch, or even an appetizer!

In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, brown sugar, and hoisin sauce. Dice the mushrooms, onion, pepper, and garlic.

In a wok over high heat, pour in the olive oil. Drop in the chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center. Drain.

Add in the mushrooms, onion, pepper, and garlic, and then pour on the sauce. Cook until the onions are tender and the mushrooms are browned.

Divide the mixture among the lettuce leaves, and top each leaf with bean sprouts. Serve with rice, if desired.

Posted by on June 29, 2010.

Tags: , ,

Categories: appetizers, dinner, lunch

1. I love these things. Cheesecake Factory has great lettuce wraps that come with 3 sauces (culantro base, peanut base, and spicy!) Since my addiction began there, I love making these. Theirs have coconut noodles, grated carrot, and julienned cucumbers to stuff in. Love it!

by Jelli on Jun 29, 2010 at 9:43 am

2. Thanks for posting this. I LOVE the lettuce wraps at PF Changs. I’ll definitely give this a try soon. 🙂

by Laura on Jun 29, 2010 at 9:47 am

3. Yay – another veggie-hater. 🙂 I wish I liked them more …
    I do like lettuce wraps though. And I agree with the above comment that Cheesecake Factory has great ones – so do Pf Changs!

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Jun 29, 2010 at 9:48 am

4. I love PF Changs lettuce wraps too, I will have to try this.

by Jennifurla on Jun 29, 2010 at 11:15 am

5. These look incredible and they are so easy to make.

by Eliana on Jun 29, 2010 at 11:50 am

6. These look perfect!!

by Katrina on Jun 29, 2010 at 3:12 pm

7. I have never been to PF Changs, but I have heard many people rave about their lettuce wraps. I am very excited that you have come up with your version, because they sound delicious. Now that is one dinner down for this week..thanks!

by Raina @ The Garden of Yum on Jun 29, 2010 at 5:49 pm

8. I love lettuce wraps too! I’m hungry…

by faithy on Jun 29, 2010 at 11:14 pm

9. Great for a light summer meal!

by Maria on Jun 30, 2010 at 10:05 am

10. Like you, I had my virgin lettuce wrap experience at PF Changs. My daughter insisted we go get some, I acquiesced out of obligatory mom duty and was pleasantly surprised (not always the case I assure you!).

Thanks for reminding me; I forgot about a new service I had ordered, Door to Door Organics, and that box showed up yesterday the day after shopping for veggies at the local market…I need a way to use up an abundance of different lettuces!

by Barbara @ VinoLuciStyle on Jun 30, 2010 at 1:56 pm

11. I’ve never had lettuce wraps; these look so good!

by Michelle {Brown Eyed Baker} on Jun 30, 2010 at 1:58 pm

12. WHAT A GORGEOUS meal! Love to eat this 🙂

by Jenny Flake on Jun 30, 2010 at 2:00 pm

13. Absolutely beautiful and the recipe looks great!

by Naomi on Jun 30, 2010 at 2:07 pm

14. Oh, I had these for the first time last weekend at P.F. Chang’s! They were fabulous! I found a mock recipe that I still need to try and I’m curious how similar it is to this one. I think I’ll use ground chicken since the texture of the wraps seemed to be more like that than diced chicken. Can’t wait to try them!

by Kristin on Jun 30, 2010 at 2:30 pm

15. I love, love, love lettuce wraps! Your photo is beautiful and I can’t wait to try this recipe!

by Jen @ How To: Simplify on Jun 30, 2010 at 2:44 pm

16. We love lettuce wraps for dinner and have them A LOT! we use Bibb lettuce, I think they also call it Boston lettuce, that’s our fave! I will have to try your mix next time, they look yummy!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Jun 30, 2010 at 4:45 pm

17. These look GREAT! We got some Boston bibb lettuce in our CSA share this week, and now I know exactly what to do with it!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Jul 2, 2010 at 2:04 pm

18. These lettuce wraps are right up my alley. Great combination of flavors. Like Shelly (previous comment), we also use Bibb/Boston lettuce for our wraps. They have a great shape and a nice texture.

by Cookin' Canuck on Jul 2, 2010 at 3:13 pm

19. These look so good. I am totally addicted to the Cheesecake Factory’s Thai Lettuce wraps. You should def try them then tell me how they make them:O)

by colleen on May 16, 2011 at 10:09 am