Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeños

I’m sure you’ve seen some variation of these already, but I just couldn’t help but share them since they’re so easy to make – you literally only need three ingredients! You can make them more fancy if you want, but I love the simplicity of them the way they are. I usually roast them in the oven, but with all the wonderful summer weather, I think they’d also be perfect on the grill. Instead of securing them with toothpicks, just pop a bunch of them on a wooden skewer and you’ve got yourself a bacon-wrapped jalapeño kabob!

First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Next, make sure you grab some gloves – I’ve learned the hard way that if you don’t respect the hotness of the seeds in these peppers, your hands will be on fire, sometimes for days.

Cut the tops off the jalapeños, and then cut them in half length-wise. Remove the seeds with a spoon. Give them a quick rinse and then leave them to dry for a few minutes.

Spread cream cheese on each half.

Cut the bacon into thirds, and then wrap each jalapeño half with a piece of the bacon, securing it with a toothpick. On a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, bake 20-25 minutes.

Posted by on June 10, 2010.

Categories: appetizers

1. Definitely one of the best ways to deal with garden jalapeno glut! Without getting _too_ fussy, I also like to work some grated sharp cheddar into the cream cheese.

by Beau on Jun 10, 2010 at 10:58 am

2. we make these for parties at our house all the time (usually grilled). they are always a huge hit. if you haven’t before, try them with peppered bacon! so good!

by ashley on Jun 10, 2010 at 11:17 am

3. You know you had me at bacon. 🙂 I love these things!

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Jun 10, 2010 at 11:33 am

4. I bet they were delicious!

by Jennifurla on Jun 10, 2010 at 12:01 pm

5. I’m assuming you glove up when making this recipe! Haha! Yum!

by Crystal on Jun 10, 2010 at 12:17 pm

6. Don’t those sound and look SO good?! I bet they taste even better… Wow.

by Christine on Jun 10, 2010 at 2:18 pm

7. Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum! We recently had a bacon-themed BBQ, but these were absent. I definitely want to make them soon!

by Cupcake Activist on Jun 10, 2010 at 3:17 pm

8. These sticks definitely is calling out my name! Delicious!! jalapeño looks like green chilli..i’ve not tried jalapeño before. If eaten with seeds is it as hot as chilli i wonder?

by faithy on Jun 10, 2010 at 9:25 pm

9. You’re right about the heat of the peppers. Every-so-often I disrespect the pepper and decide to forgo the gloves. not a good plan!
    These are one of my hubby’s all-time favorite apps!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Jun 11, 2010 at 8:36 am

10. This has got to be incredible, I am drooling and it’s only 6am!

by Jenny Flake on Jun 11, 2010 at 9:17 am

11. THESE ARE FANTASTIC!! We had these over memorial day weekend at a Graduation party. Only thing was that they were stuffed with a mild sausage mixture. I could have eaten 20 of them! They were grilled in the bbq. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm….. Crispy and yummy.

by Jessie on Jun 11, 2010 at 10:16 am

12. Fun appetizer!

by Maria on Jun 11, 2010 at 10:19 am

13. WOW…these sound great and so easy too!

by Michelle on Jun 11, 2010 at 12:10 pm

14. Awesome appetizer! I can’t wait to make these!

by Michelle {Brown Eyed Baker} on Jun 11, 2010 at 12:19 pm

15. These are so cool! I love anything wrapped and bacon and also like a little heat. These are perfect for a summer get-together.

by Maggy on Jun 11, 2010 at 2:34 pm

16. You had me at bacon! These look like they would be absolutely delicious!

by Jen @ How To: Simplify on Jun 11, 2010 at 5:18 pm

17. This is one of my favorite summertime appetizers. They are always gone from the plate in a flash. Very pretty photos!

by Cookin' Canuck on Jun 11, 2010 at 10:49 pm

18. Awesome recipe! I love the idea of grilling them on a skewer. That will make a great appetizer for barbecues:)

by Raina @ The Garden of Yum on Jun 12, 2010 at 10:08 pm

19. No need to get fancy when bacon and cream cheese are involved. These look delicious.

by Eliana on Jun 16, 2010 at 11:09 am

20. One of my favorite things ever! And you make them look beautiful!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Jun 16, 2010 at 3:32 pm

21. It is hard to be the combo of jalapenos, cream cheese, and bacon! Mmmmm…I’ve made jalapeno poppers, but have never added bacon–MUST TRY!

by Fuji Mama on Jun 17, 2010 at 6:46 pm

22. Yes, I’ve seen those already, but they look so tempting every time! I think your post is the last straw, and I’m going to have to just make them already. Lovely!

by ivoryhut on Jun 25, 2010 at 9:55 am

23. I make these all the time…..try adding a pkg of dry ranch dip (the kind you usually add to sour cream) SO GOOD, also I ran out of bacon so I crushed up Ritz crackers. Some tips that I have for these is, soak them in water the night before if you want to take some of the spice out, also if you bake them the longer you bake them the more of the “spicy” hotness comes out.

by misha on Jul 14, 2010 at 11:18 pm

24. love them! i tried to put some stredded pepper jack cheese and put a little piece of smoke sausage w. it too, delicious!

by sally on Dec 13, 2011 at 1:51 am