Roasted Butternut Squash Pizza

This recipe is adapted from Maria over at Two Peas and Their Pod. I didn’t change much, since pretty much everything about it had my mouth watering! When she posted it last year, I immediately bookmarked it and added it to my “to-try” list. My only regret is that I waited so long to make it! It is now my second favorite pizza (BBQ chicken is probably always going to win out, hehe). Plus, it’s even better if you grill it – and if you’ve never grilled pizza before, you’ve really got to give it a go.  Either way, try it out this week…you won’t be disappointed!

I halved my normal pizza recipe to make a personal pizza for myself. Simply double the recipe to make a full-sized pizza:

First, roast the butternut squash. This can be done ahead of time, and you can store the roasted butternut squash in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week.

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees with your pizza stone and broiler pan inside. Sauté the onion over medium heat. Add in the garlic, and cook a few minutes longer.

Roll out the dough (I didn’t bother making it a perfect circle; instead, I went for “rustic”), then place it on a pizza peel covered in cornmeal. Pour the olive oil over the dough and spread with a spoon. Sprinkle on the squash, onion and garlic mixture, and fresh rosemary.

Top with the cheeses.

Slide the assembled pizza from your pizza peel onto the hot pizza stone, and pour one cup of water into the broiler pan. Bake 20-25 minutes.

Posted by on June 2, 2010.

Tags: , ,

Categories: dinner

1. I am so glad you liked the pizza. It is one of my favorites too!

by Maria on Jun 2, 2010 at 9:40 am

2. This pizza looks soooo yummy! LOVE butternut squash!

by Jenny Flake on Jun 2, 2010 at 9:46 am

3. That pizza sounds awesome! I love butternut squash so I’m sure it is fabulous!

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Jun 2, 2010 at 10:04 am

4. This is perfect! Butternut squash is one of my faves..you’re so creative!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Jun 2, 2010 at 10:18 am

5. wowza! looks so yummy!!!

by Nicole Underwood on Jun 2, 2010 at 10:21 am

6. WOW..what a fabulous sounding recipe! Love the combination of yellow squash, rosemary and feta cheese!

by Michelle on Jun 2, 2010 at 11:00 am

7. I would have never put that all together, my daughter would love this.

by Jennifurla on Jun 2, 2010 at 11:45 am

8. Wow, this pizza looks amazing!

by Jen @ How To: Simplify on Jun 2, 2010 at 12:55 pm

9. Great recipe! Sounds delicious. Great summer pizza:)

by Raina @ The Garden of Yum on Jun 2, 2010 at 2:04 pm

10. Wow! Never thought of putting butternut squash on pizza! What an awesome idea. Thanks Tracy…and Maria! 🙂

by maggy on Jun 2, 2010 at 3:21 pm

11. Oooh this sounds delicious! I just tried butternut squash for the first time last year and fell in love with it!

by Michelle {Brown Eyed Baker} on Jun 2, 2010 at 4:43 pm

12. I’m putting this on my list to make when my husband is out-of-town….you know, he’s one of those pepperoni or nothin’ guys. Every once in a while he lets me slip in a chicken pizza, but I know he’s humoring me. 🙂

by bridget {bake at 350} on Jun 3, 2010 at 10:32 pm

13. Grilling pizza is one of my favorite ways to enjoy pizza – it really gives the crust a wonderful texture. Tasty toppings on this!

by Cookin' Canuck on Jun 4, 2010 at 10:53 am

14. What a beautiful pizza! I always have ABIn5 dough on hand, and sometimes use it for a quick pizza. I’m with Dara—love it on the grill, too.

by ivoryhut on Jun 4, 2010 at 7:52 pm

15. Um, I may have just swore at the computer screen when I saw your photos. I am a sucker for butternut squash and by adding it to pizza? Bliss. I haven’t checked the link yet (I’m busy drooling) but do you ever add brown sugar to your squash, pre-roasting? It takes so long to fully cook the squash that it actually caramelizes.

by Ms. Whiteplates on Jun 4, 2010 at 9:19 pm

16. Ms. Whiteplates – I haven’t added brown sugar to my squash before, but it sure sounds good! 🙂

by Tracy on Jun 5, 2010 at 10:50 am

17. This looks incredible… I love butternut squash, so I’ll definitely have to give this a try!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Jun 9, 2010 at 8:18 pm

18. Oh my goodness that looks so darn good! Ok, now I’m bookmarking this one…

by Fuji Mama on Jun 10, 2010 at 12:42 pm