Strawberry-Rhubarb Trifle with White Chocolate Mousse

I know, I just posted a rhubarb recipe…but I don’t think I can ever get sick of rhubarb. I enjoy it all on its own, but I also love the classic pairing of strawberry and rhubarb; strawberry-rhubarb pie is one of my all-time favorite desserts to make each spring. This time, while I was definitely craving the combination of strawberry and rhubarb, I was looking for something a bit on the lighter side. So, I decided to make a simple trifle that would really let the flavor of the strawberries and rhubarb shine through. Besides, it’s just plain fun to layer it in a pretty trifle dish. Try it today!

In a small sauce pan, simmer the rhubarb in the water and sugar just until tender. In a medium bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk.

In another medium bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream on medium speed until stiff peaks form.

Fold the pudding mixture into the whipped cream and whisk gently until thickened.

To assemble the trifle, layer the mousse, strawberries, and rhubarb. Serve chilled. Store leftovers (if there are any!) covered in the refrigerator.

Posted by on May 11, 2010.

Tags: , ,

1. that is so pretty! what a nice dessert to serve… impressive 🙂 sounds delicious too!

by Tiffany on May 11, 2010 at 10:03 am

2. White chocolate mousse sounds divine!

by Jessica @ How Sweet on May 11, 2010 at 10:16 am

3. This is beautiful! So fresh and delicious for Spring and Strawberry season.

by Maggy on May 11, 2010 at 10:21 am

4. This is so pretty. It’s going on my memorial day dessert candidate list. Yes, I make lists of candidates for holiday desserts!

by Beth @ 990 Square on May 11, 2010 at 11:16 am

5. Trifles are always so fun to make and eat:)

by Maria on May 11, 2010 at 11:43 am

6. No need to apologize for two rhubarb recipes! They’re both amazing! 🙂

by DessertForTwo on May 11, 2010 at 11:46 am

7. GORGEOUS, I am loving the rhubarb n strawberry with white chocolate!

by Jennifer @maplencornbread on May 11, 2010 at 12:00 pm

8. You can never have too many rhubarb recipes, and this one looks fabulous! What a pretty presentation.

by Cookin' Canuck on May 11, 2010 at 12:16 pm

9. Rhubarb with strawberries and white chocolate…..how deliciouse and so pretty!

by Michelle on May 11, 2010 at 12:17 pm

10. Pwetty, pwetty! I wish I had one of these right now!

by Avanika (Yumsilicious Bakes) on May 11, 2010 at 4:47 pm

11. OMG! Gorgeous trifle, and it sounds so delicious! Love the white chocolate mousse.

by Michelle {Brown Eyed Baker} on May 11, 2010 at 6:48 pm

12. Very impressive looking dessert. Sounds delicious. This would be great to serve at summer barbecues. Still have not tried rhubarb. I have to now.

by Raina @ The Garden of Yum on May 12, 2010 at 10:55 am

13. would you believe me if I told you, I’ve never had rhubarb. I wonder what it tastes like? I wouldn’t know what to do with it when I bought it…plans for a step by step on rhubarb are needed…hint..hint..hint… 🙂

by Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} on May 12, 2010 at 11:26 am

14. Once again…another great looking rhubarb recipe! Ever since I made the strawberry and rhubarb pie I’ve been in love with that combo. This trifle looks gorgeous!

by Jen @ How To: Simplify on May 13, 2010 at 12:15 pm

15. Yum! I love finding new things to make with rhubarb!

by Taylor on May 14, 2010 at 7:53 am