Hashbrown Breakfast Bake

Some time ago, a good friend of mine brought this simple breakfast casserole over to our house. I’m not really quite sure why it took me so long to ask for the recipe; in any case, she made it easy for me by posting it right on her blog. I made this when we had family up for Easter, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Plus, it was easy enough to throw together early in the morning, and then let it bake as everyone was getting ready for the day. By the time we were all ready, so was breakfast. Try this the next time you need to feed a crowd at breakfast/brunch!

Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. (You can thaw the hashbrowns ahead of time to shorten the baking time, but I just threw them in frozen). Spoon the mixture into a greased 9×13″ baking dish and sprinkle with extra cheddar cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until golden brown. Alternatively, you can top with crushed potato chips. Serve immediately.

Posted by on May 4, 2010.

Categories: breakfast & brunch

1. I can just taste that cheesy goodness. It looks marvelous.

by Jessica @ How Sweet on May 4, 2010 at 9:13 am

2. Yummy!! Save me a slice I am on my way ๐Ÿ™‚

by Tickled Red on May 4, 2010 at 9:16 am

3. One of my coworkers always makes this for office parties, but she never shares the recipe. Now I know her secret!

by Beth @ 990 Square on May 4, 2010 at 9:22 am

4. Hash browns + sour cream + butter + cheese = YES!!!

by bridget {bake at 350} on May 4, 2010 at 9:34 am

5. I’m a fan of anything with cream-of-anything soup. It’s the Southerner in me! Thanks for sharing, my honey will love this! ๐Ÿ™‚

by DessertForTwo on May 4, 2010 at 9:39 am

6. Yum! I’m glad to hear this recipe works with fat-free sour cream. I made this for a pot luck brunch once, and it was a hit! Don’t tell anyone, but I used full-fat sour cream and cream of chicken…

by Dorothy on May 4, 2010 at 11:12 am

7. Great recipe. I love that it is easy. My kids love hashbrowns. Great idea for a bunch.

by Raina @ The Garden of Yum on May 4, 2010 at 12:08 pm

8. We made this as a side dishe with dinner sometimes, except we add corn flakes on top, for a cheesy AND crunchy topping. Yum!

by Sara on May 4, 2010 at 12:13 pm

9. oh yes! this sounds amazing! Will definitely be making these!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on May 4, 2010 at 12:57 pm

10. We always make this for Christmas dinner with ham. Add some corn on the cob and it’s total yum. Ham with this dish is delish.

by mdiRae on May 4, 2010 at 1:41 pm

11. Sounds super yummy!

by Cassie on May 4, 2010 at 3:01 pm

12. The hubs will love this one!! Great recipe!

by Maria on May 4, 2010 at 4:05 pm

13. This looks delicious! My husband loves salty foods for breakfast. I will be trying this soon.

by Cupcake Activist on May 4, 2010 at 4:45 pm

14. Delicious!! You make it sound so simple and yet so pack with flavors, i am going to try! ๐Ÿ™‚

by faithy on May 4, 2010 at 10:53 pm

15. What a great side dish for brunch! Love me some hash browns!

by Maggy on May 4, 2010 at 10:59 pm

16. I’e made this many times, it’s quick and easy and great for BBQ’s in the summer too. I prepare it the day before and bake it before we leave. I’ve even made two and frozen one to bake in a pinch-which always happens, people invite me over and then I’m scrambling to see what I have to make to take with me…sometimes there’s just enough time to take it out of the freezer and bake it, takes longer to bake but no prep or clean up and your out of the house fast ๐Ÿ™‚

by Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} on May 5, 2010 at 2:01 am

17. I never have bagged hash browns on hand, which is too bad because I have a number of recipes that call for them and they all look good. I’m always determined to make my own hash browns, and they always fail miserably. If you come up with a good recipe for homemade hash browns, let me know!

by Small Town Runner on May 5, 2010 at 5:04 pm

18. My hubby has a thing for breakfast potatoes – of any sort. So, I’m sure he’d absolutely love this!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on May 5, 2010 at 9:54 pm