Chocolate Chip Jam Bars

I made these bars last week when we had some friends over, and I still can’t get them out of my head (ask my husband, I’ve wanted to make them again every day this week). The chocolate is so rich and creamy, and the cookie dough has an almost nutty quality when paired with the jam. Simply put, these are little bites of chocolate heaven, and they are SO easy to throw together. Try them as soon as possible!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12×8″ pan. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and vanilla until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.

Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Press 2/3 of the cookie dough mixture into the pan, reserving the remaining third. Bake about 10 minutes or until the crust turns light brown.

In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt half of the chocolate with the condensed milk. Once the crust has cooled for a bit, spread the jam over it. Then, pour the chocolate mixture over the jam.

Sprinkle the remaining cookie dough over the top, and then sprinkle with the other half of the chocolate chips.

Bake about 25 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.

Posted by on March 11, 2010.

1. yum, these look so good! I never would have thought to put jam and chocolate chips together!

by megan on Mar 11, 2010 at 9:54 am

2. OH EM GEEEEE. Those just look fantastic.

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Mar 11, 2010 at 10:24 am

3. I just poured myself a cup of coffee and so want to reach into your blog and grab one of those squares! Yum! Looks and sounds really good!! 🙂

by Christine on Mar 11, 2010 at 10:32 am

4. These look delicious, I love chocolate chips and your spring header looks great too. I keep meaning to get my husband to do me some seasonal headers but haven’t managed it yet!

by Sarah, Maison Cupcake on Mar 11, 2010 at 10:59 am

5. Mmm they are so good! And the header looks so great! Love it 😀

by Sandy on Mar 11, 2010 at 11:01 am

6. yum!! these look and sound great! I would have never thought I would like the jam with the chocolate, but you have convinced me to give it a try!
    Also, love your spring header!!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Mar 11, 2010 at 11:11 am

7. Man these look like little pieces of heaven 🙂

by Eliana on Mar 11, 2010 at 12:29 pm

8. No wonder you are still dreaming about these! They look awesome!

by Maria on Mar 11, 2010 at 1:42 pm

9. I love that you added jam! I hadn’t thought of that before, but I bet it really rounds out the flavors. These look absolutely delicious!

by Fuji Mama on Mar 11, 2010 at 2:51 pm

10. Yum! I never would have put jam with chocolate chip bars. I bet strawberry jam would be delish.

by Sara on Mar 11, 2010 at 3:03 pm

11. I have looked at this recipe three times today. I can’t stop staring at them! I really want to lick my monitor. I’d run home and make them, but I’m still trying to calculate how many hours of working out I’d have to do to make up for it… still, they might be worth it 🙂

by Theresa on Mar 11, 2010 at 4:05 pm

12. These look so good! Super cute spring header, too!

by Jen @ How To: Simplify on Mar 11, 2010 at 4:21 pm

13. I really shouldn’t read blogs before dinner when I’m getting hungry. Now I want to make (and eat) a batch of these for dinner 🙂

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Mar 11, 2010 at 4:42 pm

14. ohhhh…these look so good. Wish I could enjoy one right now.

by Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} on Mar 12, 2010 at 4:25 am

15. Oh, I would never have thought of adding jam to something like that. They look delicious!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Mar 12, 2010 at 9:12 am

16. Mmmm. Delightful-looking. If I hadn’t already promised hubby a carrot cake for his birthday, I might have had to make this!

by Small Town Runner Karen on Mar 12, 2010 at 11:13 am

17. These look tasty. I generally try to avoid s.c. milk in recipes, as it is both expensive and somewhat odd to me, but this use looks like a winner.

by Jelli on Mar 12, 2010 at 11:26 am

18. These look absolutely delicious-and what a great idea to add jam to these bars! Blackberry sounds so luscious with chocolate, yum!

by Megan on Mar 12, 2010 at 12:20 pm

19. I am new to your blog and these look soooo YUMMY I will be making them TONIGHT thanks for sharing a piece of heaven :o)

by Kylah on Mar 13, 2010 at 5:42 pm

20. These sound fabulous! Mixing the chocolate with s. c. milk sounds interesting. Can’t wait to try them. Just one more reason to use my new mixer!

by Karenpie on Mar 14, 2010 at 4:38 am

21. Hey, this is the same recipe that I made and brought to the Bills game that we went to this fall! I love these! 🙂

by Bee on Mar 14, 2010 at 8:16 pm

22. These look so good! you’re tempting me!

by faithy on Mar 14, 2010 at 11:24 pm

23. Wow! Those look and sound fabulous. And simple. Just the thing I like most in a recipe! 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

by Susan on Mar 23, 2010 at 10:53 am

24. Oh oh this looks absolutely sinful!! Yum-my!!

by Avanika (Yumsilicious Bakes) on Apr 8, 2010 at 8:29 am

25. Ooooh, I want to make these with marmalade!

by Mama_B on Aug 29, 2010 at 8:19 pm

26. Hi I have a brownie run that only sizes up to 28cmx18cm inside the pan. The tin size in this recipe is bigger what could I do? I really wanna make these right now! Lol

by Jennifer on Aug 24, 2011 at 8:07 am

27. Also how many grams is a stick? I don’t understand how much a stick of butter is please help!!

by Jennifer on Aug 24, 2011 at 8:14 am

28. Jennifer – You can make these in the smaller pan; you just might have to increase the baking times both for the crust and for the assembled bars by a couple minutes. Also, one stick of butter is about 113 grams. Good luck!

by Tracy on Aug 24, 2011 at 12:05 pm

29. Hello,

Does this recipe call for sweetened or unsweetened condensed milk? Thanks!

by Paige on Aug 7, 2012 at 2:56 am

30. Hi Paige – I used sweetened condensed milk.

by Tracy on Aug 7, 2012 at 10:55 am

31. Thank you for an amazing cookie recipe! Brought these to a cookie exchange last night & they were a huge hit! I used 1/2 organic whole wheat flour (to make them a little healthier? lol..) and 1/2 white flour. I used home-made blackberry jelly. So simple to make and seriously delicious!! Highly recommend this!

by Tammy on Dec 23, 2013 at 12:45 pm