Buffalo Chicken Dip

I know the Super Bowl has come and gone, but I made this for the party we went to and it was just too good not to share. The recipe is a combination of one a friend gave me a couple weeks ago and what was already in my mind, and I’m really pleased with how it came out. There are tons of variations out there of course, but this one is by far my favorite. Be careful, though – this dip is very addictive. In fact, I may or may not have eaten a fourth of the pan by myself. And that is part of the reason I’ve started Couch to 5K. Anyway, I digress, so on to the dip…here’s what you’ll need!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. If you haven’t already, shred the chicken.

In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and hot sauce until well blended.

Mix in the bleu cheese.

Stir in the chicken and mozzarella cheese.

Spoon into a 9×13″ baking dish, and sprinkle with the extra mozzarella cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese has browned. Serve with tortilla chips…and try not to eat the whole pan!

Posted by on February 17, 2010.

Tags: , ,

Categories: appetizers

1. Great for any game, not just the Super Bowl:)

by Maria on Feb 17, 2010 at 10:19 am

2. Oh. My. This would be awesome anytime at all!

by RJ Flamingo on Feb 17, 2010 at 10:25 am

3. Mmm, looks so good!

by Sara on Feb 17, 2010 at 11:49 am

4. Sinful and delicious! Count me in!!

by Rebecca @ Thyme for Wine on Feb 17, 2010 at 11:56 am

5. YUM!

by Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} on Feb 17, 2010 at 12:50 pm

6. This looks awesome! Love me some buffalo wings . . .

by Karen on Feb 17, 2010 at 1:08 pm

7. I am so not a fan of bleu cheese. I have tried, my husband has wheedled, but I just can’t like it. Can you suggest a good substitute?

by Small Town Runner on Feb 17, 2010 at 1:50 pm

8. This sounds great. I love the idea of using actual bleu cheese instead of bleu cheese dressing, which I have had in this kind of dip before. I can’t eat bleu cheese because for some reason it contains traces of gluten. (?) You think gorgonzola would work?

by G. on Feb 17, 2010 at 1:59 pm

9. Karen – If you’re looking for the same texture but different flavor, I’d suggest some kind of feta cheese. If you want to try something closer to bleu cheese though, I’d try cambozola. It’s a cross between camembert (creamy) and gorgonzola (sharp) and you might find this balance a bit more mild and enjoyable. Good luck! 🙂

by Tracy on Feb 17, 2010 at 2:07 pm

10. G – Sure, I’d definitely give gorgonzola a try!

by Tracy on Feb 17, 2010 at 2:08 pm

11. Hmmmmm – this looks absolutely amazing. Pass the tortilla chips please 🙂

by Eliana on Feb 17, 2010 at 3:18 pm

12. Ooh! This looks very yummy. Perfect for taking to Bible study group.

by Jelli on Feb 17, 2010 at 4:00 pm

13. Wow! Seriously, my husband would fall even more in love with me if I made that! Actually, I’m pretty sure I would love myself more too.

by Cupcake Activist on Feb 17, 2010 at 5:32 pm

14. What? Wow!

by Kitty on Feb 17, 2010 at 6:04 pm

15. How funny! I made this same dip for the super bowl, but subbed ranch in for the blue cheese! It is seriously delicious…and I actually made it in the crock because we were taking it to friends..it worked great!
    Also, I have just started the couch to 5k! I am on week 3, and had no idea there was a widget…that is scary because then you HAVE to, right?! Guess that’s the whole idea 🙂 Some girlfriends and I have signed up for a 5k in Central park in June, so I am working towards that…and the buffalo dip did NOT help…I ate half of it myself 😉

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Feb 18, 2010 at 9:31 am

16. Oh my goodness, I have never seen anything like this in the UK, it sounds totally addictive!

by Sarah, Maison Cupcake on Feb 18, 2010 at 11:32 am

17. Ooh… I love buffalo chicken dip. Yours looks wonderful. 🙂

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Feb 18, 2010 at 9:22 pm

18. this looks so good! i love a good dip!

by Tiffany on Feb 22, 2010 at 11:30 pm

19. OHhhhhh…yummy sounding dip!

by Michelle on Mar 16, 2010 at 1:00 pm

20. I got to this site by searching Google. I have to say that this looks delicious. Thanks for taking your time submitting this!

by Waltraud Hench on May 15, 2010 at 3:06 am

21. This is my go-to dip recipe. Tonight is board game night, and all the girls have been sending me text messages begging me to make this. Epic win!

by Sarah on Aug 18, 2010 at 12:51 pm

22. Made this for snack at work today— everyone loved it! One person even called it the “Perfect Dip”. Thanks for a great recipe!!

by Tricia on Nov 22, 2010 at 2:04 pm

23. my husband loveeeees buffalo chicken 🙂
    I made this today…. guess what we both finished whole tray…
    deadly yummy 🙂

by Neha on Dec 11, 2010 at 2:04 am

24. What would you suggest to use for the chicken meat…???

by Leelia Stewart on Dec 21, 2012 at 9:48 pm

25. My family doesn’t care for blue cheese so I sub a cup of ranch dressing. We love this recipe and also we only use Franks hot sauce the kids fix this at least once every weekend and often more if they have friends over.

by Cindy on May 9, 2014 at 6:27 pm