Cranberry Bread

When I first saw this bread on A Bowl of Mush, it immediately went on my “to make” list. I had just made my cranberry coffee cake and I had fresh cranberries on the brain! I ended up making it as part of our homemade Christmas gift baskets, so I didn’t have any myself, but I was told that it was very good (and it definitely smelled heavenly!). Next time I will definitely make two loaves instead of one!

Here’s the recipe, adapted from A Bowl of Mush:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×5″ loaf pan. Chop the cranberries into small pieces.Β In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

Mix in the egg, orange juice, and butter.

Fold in the chopped cranberries, then spread the mixture evenly in the greased pan.

Bake about 55 minutes. Cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.

Posted by on January 18, 2010.

Categories: breads & pastries, breakfast & brunch

1. Yay something else to use my leftover cranberries on.

Tell me – can I thaw the bag I froze and use them?

by Sandy on Jan 18, 2010 at 11:53 am

2. You most certainly can! I did the same when I made it since I had a bunch of leftover cranberries from Thanksgiving. πŸ™‚

by Tracy on Jan 18, 2010 at 12:02 pm

3. Oh this bread is calling my name…gorgeous! Wish we had fresh cranberries in India, really do! Beautiful pictures too!

by deeba on Jan 18, 2010 at 12:19 pm

4. I have cranberries! I might make this today! Love the colors!

by Maria on Jan 18, 2010 at 1:37 pm

5. This is also going on my “to make list”….thanks for the info on frozen cranberries, I did not know that you could use frozen ones! I wish I had some of this bread right now….deliciousness!!

by Kay on Jan 18, 2010 at 2:17 pm

6. Awesome way to use the cranberries. I always use cranberries for my Christmas table decorations and I never know what to do with all of them when I am done!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Jan 18, 2010 at 2:19 pm

7. Looks so yummy!! And the perfect way to use up some of my cranberries!

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Jan 18, 2010 at 4:51 pm

8. That’s really pretty. And you have same green mixing bowl as me!!

by Sarah, Maison Cupcake on Jan 18, 2010 at 7:43 pm

9. OH YUM it looks sooo good! Im saving this to make!

by Jennifer on Jan 18, 2010 at 8:35 pm

10. the flour in your lovely green bowl looks like a heat. this makes me want to make cranberry bread even more. πŸ™‚

by Amy O'Kane on Jan 19, 2010 at 9:31 am

11. I could eat that entire loaf in one sitting…I’m sure of it!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Jan 19, 2010 at 11:58 am

12. What a colorful quick bread this is. It sounds delicious.

by Eliana on Jan 19, 2010 at 7:55 pm

13. i’ve never baked with cranberries before…but your cranberries bread made me change my mind.. Love the how your cranberries bread look..so pretty!

by faithy on Jan 19, 2010 at 9:11 pm

14. Yum! I love fresh cranberries in a loaf. I pop them in whole for my banana breads. Looks delicious!

by Natashya on Jan 21, 2010 at 8:37 am

15. I made this for Thanksgiving dinner. The fresh cranberries made the bread. It was delicious!

by Allison on Nov 25, 2011 at 9:44 am