Chocolate Marble Cheesecake

Because it’s Monday and I’m not ready for another week, I thought it’d be a good idea to post this wonderfully rich cheesecake. I made it for dessert for our Christmas day festivities and everyone really enjoyed it; I definitely need to make it again soon. If you’re having a rough Monday, or just feel like indulging a bit, try this cheesecake today – you won’t regret it.

For the graham cracker crust:

For the cheesecake:

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. First, make the graham cracker crust. Crush 2 cups worth of graham crackers into a medium bowl. Stir in the melted butter so that all of the crumbs are moist.

Press the crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9″ springform pan. Stick the pan in the freezer while you make the cheesecake batter. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the sugar and then add in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the sour cream and vanilla until well-blended.

In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips. Pour in about a cup of the batter, stirring as you pour.

Pour a third of the batter into the graham cracker crust. Then, pour a bit of the chocolate on top of the batter. Pour on the rest of the batter (most of the chocolate will be pushed out to the edges, but that’s okay – the batter isn’t very stiff, so the chocolate won’t hold it’s place very well anyway).

Pour on the rest of the chocolate batter in concentric circles. Use a knife to swirl the chocolate.

Bake for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 200 degrees. Continue baking until the edges of the cheesecake are set, but the center still wiggles when the pan is shaken, about 1 hour. Cool the cheesecake on a rack at room temperature before refrigerating. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.

Posted by on January 11, 2010.

1. It’s so pretty. I love the swirls!

by Maria on Jan 11, 2010 at 11:33 am

2. So gorgeous! I love cheesecake. It looks amazing!

by Jessica on Jan 11, 2010 at 11:36 am

3. Mmmm, yummy!

by Small Town Runner on Jan 11, 2010 at 12:21 pm

4. Yum! My husband will love this!

by Darla Baerg on Jan 11, 2010 at 1:29 pm

5. Oh wow, there really is nothing better than cheesecake. You make it look so easy ~ maybe I will get over that phobia of making them!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Jan 11, 2010 at 1:29 pm

6. That’s some serious marbling! It looks wonderful.

by Sarah, Maison Cupcake on Jan 11, 2010 at 7:15 pm

7. Cheesecake…why does it always look SO good?!? This will be in my dreams tonight! 😉

by bridget {bake at 350} on Jan 11, 2010 at 11:48 pm

8. Wow.i agree with Sarah, when i first saw this post and the photos, i thought to myself “wow..such beautiful marbling”! It’s so gorgeous!

by faithy on Jan 12, 2010 at 5:58 am

9. Me again…!
    I have nominated your blog for a Happy 101 Award, come see at

by Sarah, Maison Cupcake on Jan 12, 2010 at 9:17 am

10. Beautiful cheesecake… Love the marble top! I’m wishing I could have a slice right now!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Jan 13, 2010 at 1:08 am

11. This cheesecake looks divine. The marbling looks like artwork.

by Eliana on Jan 13, 2010 at 12:16 pm

12. That looks outta this world yummy! Too bad I don’t have any good reason to bake one up this afternoon. If I were left alone, I’d be sure to down half of it in a sitting.

by Jelli on Jan 13, 2010 at 1:47 pm

13. What a beautiful cheesecake! My “marble” never gets so swirly!

by Sara Tea on Jan 14, 2010 at 2:00 am