Gingerbread Cookies

Well, I thought this month’s Flavor of the Month was going up today, but I guess I am a little late since it went up yesterday. In any case, here are the many gingerbread cookies I made using my leftover dough from the Daring Baker challenge this month (you can find the recipe and instructions for making the dough here). They were perfect for taking to work for our Christmas parties and for packaging up as part of the homemade Christmas gifts I’ll be posting about later. (I know I’ve been slacking a little on the posts since I’m on vacation this week, but I promise I’ll get to them soon!)

Here are the cookies all cut out:

Decorated with frosting:

And dipped in chocolate! Yum!

Posted by on December 31, 2009.

Tags: , , ,

1. They’re cute, gingerbread dough seems to have a life of it’s own and grow in the fridge I noticed. You think you’ve used it all and then there’s another great big blob of it!!! Happy New Year!

by Sarah, Maison Cupcake on Dec 31, 2009 at 10:48 am

2. You are a genius! Dipped in chocolate?!?!? I really like how you think, Tracy!

And, no, you weren’t late….I always post an hour or two before midnight for FOTM. 🙂

Happy New Year! Can’t wait for all of your yummy posts in 2010!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Dec 31, 2009 at 10:55 am

3. Adorable! AND dipped in chocolate?!?!! Count me in. I’m in love with your gingerbread shape–where did you get that cutter? I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with footless gingerbread man cookie cutters… haha

by Dorothy on Dec 31, 2009 at 12:14 pm

4. What a great idea to dip in chocolate! I made gingerbread men this year and my kids went nuts. They tasted so good but the dough was such a pain to work with. I’m definitely going to remember the chocolate dipping for next year!

by Dana on Dec 31, 2009 at 12:27 pm

5. Gorgeous! You are unstoppable in the kitchen…you do it all beautifully!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Dec 31, 2009 at 1:19 pm

6. So cute. I love the little chocolate shoes!

by Small Town Runner Karen on Dec 31, 2009 at 1:29 pm

7. Love the cute little feet of the gingerbread people!

by Monica on Dec 31, 2009 at 1:51 pm

8. Love these! I’ve never made them – it’s a sin, I know.

by Jessica @ How Sweet on Dec 31, 2009 at 2:24 pm

9. Mmmmm! Dipped in chocolate? What a GREAT idea! I will have to try that! Happy New Year!

by Suesue on Dec 31, 2009 at 7:29 pm

10. Very cute! I love how you dipped the feet in chocolate. Gingerbread cookies are the best for Christmas tiem.

by Sara on Dec 31, 2009 at 8:29 pm

11. so cute!! I love the gingerbread man dipped in chocolate!

by faithy on Jan 1, 2010 at 12:03 pm

12. YUM!
    I love that you dipped them in chocolate 🙂

by Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} on Jan 2, 2010 at 3:19 pm