Gingerbread Pancakes

These pancakes are perfect for a weekend breakfast in a pinch yet still very much in the spirit of the holidays, which is why I love ’em this time of year. Plus, the recipe can be easily be doubled or tripled if you’re feeding a crowd – a perfect addition to your Christmas brunch!

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, milk, and egg.

Add in the spices and molasses and whisk until combined.

Drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls on a hot, buttered griddle. Cook for a couple minutes before flipping to cook the other side. Repeat with the remainder of the batter. Serve with lots of maple syrup!

Posted by on December 22, 2009.

Tags:

Categories: breakfast & brunch

1. I posted breakfast/brunch ideas for Christmas today. I think I will have to add these to my list:) Happy Holidays!

by Maria on Dec 22, 2009 at 1:12 pm

2. These look fantastic!

by Jessica on Dec 22, 2009 at 1:40 pm

3. I did something like this a few weeks ago, just adding cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg to my regular pancake recipe. Hubby loved them!

by Small Town Runner Karen on Dec 22, 2009 at 1:48 pm

4. Mmm yummy I never thought of putting ginger in pancakes but it sounds wonderful

by Sarah, Maison Cupcake on Dec 22, 2009 at 3:57 pm

5. YUM these sound like the perfect Christmas morning pancakes!

by Jennifer @ maplencornbread on Dec 22, 2009 at 4:11 pm

6. yummmmmm! I am so craving pancakes right now!
    Have a great holiday!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Dec 22, 2009 at 4:56 pm

7. Mmmm, these look great. I’ve made pumpkin pancakes recently for the holiday season, but not gingerbread yet. Can’t wait to try them!

by Sara on Dec 22, 2009 at 5:25 pm

8. looks & sounds so wonderful! gingerbread pancakes for Christmas! what a great idea, i wldn’t have thought of that! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

by faithy on Dec 23, 2009 at 12:32 am

9. This is what we’re having as party of our Christmas breakfast! I love pancakes! With maple syrup and creme fraiche …some pecans, heaven

by Kitchen Butterfly on Dec 23, 2009 at 4:45 pm

10. Oh, BABY! THIS is what we are having for breakfast tomorrow! Thank you! 🙂

by bridget {bakeat350} on Dec 23, 2009 at 7:52 pm

11. Yummy!!!
    Merry Christmas!! 🙂

by Sally on Dec 24, 2009 at 10:55 am

12. How yummy! I’ve been making a holiday oatmeal with pumpkin, but boy oh boy these sound great. I’m sure my oatmeal-hating hubby would definitely prefer them too!

by Jelli on Dec 31, 2009 at 12:24 pm