Artichoke Puffs

In continuing my countdown of Thanksgiving recipes, here’s another quick appetizer idea for your Thanksgiving feast! Store-bought frozen puff pastry makes these artichokes puffs a cinch; impress your guests with these easy and delicious bite-sized treats. Set them out for nibbling while they’re still warm, and you’ll be surprised by how quickly they disappear!

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Open the puff pastry package and allow it to thaw according to package directions.

Chop up the artichokes and toss them into a medium bowl.

Mix together all of the ingredients in the bowl except the puff pastry and rosemary.

Roll out the puff pastry to about 1/4″ thick, and cut into 3″ squares. Place 1 and 1/2 Tbsp of the artichoke mixture on each square and fold the pastry corners up around the sides of the mixture like tiny galettes.

Place on the baking sheet, and brush the tops of the pastry with egg. Sprinkle rosemary over the tops of each one.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot!

Posted by on November 21, 2009.

Categories: appetizers

1. I’m always on the look out for interesting bites for parties and these look really tasty. I’m always a bit scared of real artichokes but it’s good to know it’s ok to use the bottled ones for stuff like this.

by Sarah, Maison Cupcake on Nov 22, 2009 at 8:28 am

2. Wow, these look so good! It reminded me of a recipe I have SOMEWHERE lol but I couldn’t find it!! Weeee I know what we’re having before the turkey! 🙂

by Courtney on Nov 22, 2009 at 8:51 am

3. Those look really good and easy too! Love that!

by shelly (cookies and cups) on Nov 22, 2009 at 9:01 am

4. Those are so precious! I love how big Thanksgiving is in the US, you guys really go all out.

by Natashya on Nov 23, 2009 at 8:37 am

5. These look very tasty! I love artichokes.

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Nov 23, 2009 at 4:10 pm

6. My husband would absolutely love these. Artichokes AND puff pastry? He’ll be in heaven!

by Small Town Runner on Nov 23, 2009 at 5:08 pm

7. Anything with puff pastry has to be good. Those look delicious.

by Ann (Thibeault's Table) on Nov 24, 2009 at 12:24 pm

8. I wonder if you could put these together, freeze and then bake from frozen?

by Sarah on Oct 10, 2011 at 3:52 pm

9. Yes, I tried baking them from frozen. They worked great. I may not have even had to add much more time. So this is practical as well as tasty! 🙂

by Sarah on Oct 18, 2011 at 10:17 pm

10. These looks amazing, I so have to try these!

by Adam on Apr 20, 2012 at 10:57 pm