Zucchini and Onion Quesadillas

As I mentioned in this post, I’ll be blogging Thanksgiving recipes every day from Saturday through Thanksgiving Day. Tomorrow I was going to start things off with an appetizer, and then Sunday I was going to move on to some sides. Well, I decided that just one appetizer wasn’t enough, so I’m getting started a little early today with these zucchini and onion quesadillas. They’re so easy to make, you can have a pile of ’em ready in just a few minutes for your hungry guests! Here’s what you’ll need:

Makes 4 quesadillas (12 servings):

First, chop the onion into chunks, and shred the zucchini. Dry the zucchini with a paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible.

Sauté the onion chunks and garlic in vegetable oil over medium heat. Remove to a paper towel to absorb some of the liquid.

Layer half of the tortilla with the zucchini, onion and garlic mixture, and two kinds of cheese – I used white cheddar and colby.

Cover with the other half of the tortilla and either grill or pan-fry in vegetable oil until the cheese is melted. Using a pizza cutter, cut each quesadilla into three pieces. Serve warm.

Posted by on November 20, 2009.

Tags: , ,

Categories: appetizers, lunch

1. Oh, those do look very easy and yummy!

by Small Town Runner Karen on Nov 20, 2009 at 10:33 am

2. this sounds fantastic! I love zucchini

by Danielle on Nov 20, 2009 at 3:46 pm

3. I make quesadillas for my girls all the time. Yours look yummy! I love the idea of adding shredded zucchini, as I’m always thinking of ways to get them to eat more veggies! 😀

by Christine on Nov 20, 2009 at 5:14 pm

4. Oh! I forgot to say that I’m really looking forward to your Thanksgiving recipes!!!

by Christine on Nov 20, 2009 at 5:15 pm

5. We (ok…I) make quesadillas all the time, but never thought to add zucchini! Brilliant!

by bridget {bake at 350} on Nov 20, 2009 at 6:34 pm

6. I’m crazy about quesadillas, I’ve never made veggie ones and it’s been a while since I made them at all. Thanks for the reminder!

by Sarah, Maison Cupcake on Nov 20, 2009 at 7:49 pm

7. Whaaaat? No pomegranate? 😉 Haha. Nice recipe — great use of zucchini.

by Miss Dot on Nov 21, 2009 at 1:18 am

8. Yum… These look tasty and delicious (and easy)… I think these will be a perfect lunch or dinner this week while I’m busy preparing everything for Thanksgiving!

by Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction on Nov 23, 2009 at 3:08 pm

9. Love quesadillas any which way…I just love ’em. First date I had with my husband was dinner at a very nice Mexican Restaurant and I ordered an appetizer of quesadillas. Was happily munching away and all of a sudden I started choking and choking and choking. Every thing was fine after a few scary minutes but that incident did not deter me from my quesadillas!

by Michelle on Nov 24, 2009 at 7:43 pm